• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read through most of the thread and I'm so glad I did some research before I bought pins off eBay. How do I find a large lot that is from a reputable seller to take for trading? This is our first time going to Disney ever and we leave on the 15th. I know a little late but didn't even know there was such a thing until today. :)

jdragr said:
I've read through most of the thread and I'm so glad I did some research before I bought pins off eBay. How do I find a large lot that is from a reputable seller to take for trading? This is our first time going to Disney ever and we leave on the 15th. I know a little late but didn't even know there was such a thing until today. :)

Not sure what your price point is that you're looking for, but for legit pins, it's worth spending the little bit extra. I've only bought a couple times off eBay, but my go to seller is spartankid34. The last time I bought from her, she told me she sells the extra pins that she has after buying packs to add to her collection. If you are looking for FAST SHIPMENT, that is another plus for spartankid34...received my package in 2-3 days.

I had sent JeffreyYoung a message and asked if the pins he was selling were on cards. His answer is below

Hi - Sorry, the pins in our listings do not include cards. We purchase our pins from pin wholesalers who do not supply cards. There are many many other EBAY listing for individual pins on retail cards from other sellers. The pins we are selling are not valuable collectables but are great for trading with Disney cast members in the Parks for pins they have that you may want. Thank you.

Jeffrey

I had sent JeffreyYoung a message and asked if the pins he was selling were on cards. His answer is below

Hi - Sorry, the pins in our listings do not include cards. We purchase our pins from pin wholesalers who do not supply cards. There are many many other EBAY listing for individual pins on retail cards from other sellers. The pins we are selling are not valuable collectables but are great for trading with Disney cast members in the Parks for pins they have that you may want. Thank you.

Jeffrey

It seems to me that when sellers state the pins are not valuable collectibles, then they are knowingly selling scrappers or knockoff pins. Sad. : /

First time buying pins off eBay and received a pack today from waxman16. Anyone ever dealt with this seller? I HIGHLY doubt the authenticity of these pins as the weight and quality seem not as good as our originals. I knew I may be taking a chance, but they are all so cute! BUT, I don't want to trade them if they are fakes. :confused3

SupernaturalMommy: Thank you so much for answering questions and clarifying things -- especially for us"newbies!" I just bought some pins (waiting for them to arrive) and considering buying more based on all the valuable input of this thread and its predecessor.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU! :)

SupernaturalMommy: Thank you so much for answering questions and clarifying things -- especially for us"newbies!" I just bought some pins (waiting for them to arrive) and considering buying more based on all the valuable input of this thread and its predecessor.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU! :)

You are welcome.:thumbsup2

I think dream499 is selling scrappers or fakes even though she is on the "good" list. I have received two pins from her now that are suspect. One had a dimple in the paint and the other has the back edges filed and the wrong back stamp. I think this seller should be on the "buyer beware" list! -lwhite58

Please add Gixxer343 to the bad seller list. He advertised a pin as new in original, unopened packaging. When I got the pin, it was a scrapper pin on one of those fake Disney backer card in a resealable plastic bag, like the DSF bags. He refuses to refund.

I am new to this and just booked the first trip to WDW for my kids and am looking at getting pins for them to trade. I saw a Facebook Page entitled "Disney Pins $1.15 + Up" and am wondering if anyone knows if these are authentic or scrappers. I would also appreciate any advice on how to get a good starter set of traders going for my kids.

Thanks!

Mjaner, I have bought from the Facebook page and they are awesome! ! I haven't bought the lots because I was looking for specific pins. I love that page.

mjaner said:
I am new to this and just booked the first trip to WDW for my kids and am looking at getting pins for them to trade. I saw a Facebook Page entitled "Disney Pins $1.15 + Up" and am wondering if anyone knows if these are authentic or scrappers. I would also appreciate any advice on how to get a good starter set of traders going for my kids.

Thanks!

My advice would be to make sure you set a decent budget in order to get legit pins! If you are looking for a good amount to start with, there are some great sellers out there that are willing to work with you.

Wow-what a great thread! We are total newbs and I am looking to buy some pins. I'm so glad I came across this list bc some of the red sellers were on my ebay watch list! Glad I did more research bf I bought! Thanks so much!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter