Current FD PIN~Should I hold off or use it?

Discussion in 'Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promot' started by Dennfamily4, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Dennfamily4

Dennfamily4 Mouseketeer

So I have the FD PIN that's good through 3/5 and it expires 2/16. :banana:

We've never been to Disney this early in the year and honestly wouldn't mind going when it's a little cooler as we now live in the South anyway.

I'm thinking 2/28-3/5. Do you think we should take advantage of the FD? Will the crowds be unbearable?

Any advice? We are a family of 6 so I would the All Star Music as it's coming up with FD and not just quick service.

Any advice???

2. HuskerFaninIL

HuskerFaninIL DIS Veteran

There has been no public free dining discount as of yet this year. I say if you can go at that time do it.

My brother is going 2/23-3/1 and his crowd levels are pretty low. Certainly not insane like the holidays, spring break of summer.

For a family of 6 I think free dining will save you a lot. However, with booking so close you may want to scope out dining reservations quickly, a lot of popular places will be hard to come by.

3. Dennfamily4

Dennfamily4 Mouseketeer

Thanks for your imput.

The dining doesn't bother me as we are a "go with the flow" type of family.

4. DisneyRookie2007

DisneyRookie2007 DIS Veteran

We went same time last year. Crowds were great until the last 2 days of our stay when some Spring Break crowds arrived. The weather was also great. No rain and we even got a warm enough day to do Blizzard Beach. I had planned a trip for the same period this year but work schedule prevented me from going.

Since there is no guarantee of FD later in the year - I'd definitely go !