• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Fastpass situation for Radiator Springs Racers

TonyN

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

Going back to Disneyland in May, haven't been for about 18 months. Is it still the same setup, vis a vis the Fastpass for RSR?

- you need to line up right away, and the fast pass booths are still sort of by the main entrance?
- you can still get other fast passes while you have this one?

Thanks,

Tony

We were there yesterday and at 10 am we got fast passes for a 2:30-3:30 return time.
I can report back later on how today's timing is because I think the parks are considerably busier

Ya usually by noon (or before that) the fast passes are gone for the day. Every time I walk by it, it's closed. I honestly find it easier to get there at opening and just go straight to the ride! Because while everyone else goes to get a FastPass, im in line with a 20 minute wait.

We were there this week with level 8-9 crowds and FPs were holding out until late morning. You don't have to run there first thing but you should head over there relatively early (we rode TSMM and Cali Screamin' first..I forget what our exact return time was that day...very late am or early afternoon, for sure, since we took a break).

The FP distribution is on the main path before you get to Carsland.

You can get another FP when your return time arrives or in 2 hours, whichever is earlier.

The FP location is still at the same place, near the entrance to A Bug's Life. I would still recommend getting one within the first 90 minutes of when the park opens, but they no longer really allow guests to line up pre-park opening. FPs were lasting longer previously, but with the current closure of Soarin' it seems to have increased RSR FP demand so that it's back to running out within the first 90 or so minutes.

Unfortunately, RSR is now connected to the rest of the DCA FP system. So, once you get the RSR FP, you will not be able to get another FP (for any DCA attraction) until the time window opens or two hours elapses, whichever comes first. The only things in DCA that are "unconnected" are WoC and the A&E M&G. So if you want an RSR FP, I would get that one first, but know that it means you probably won't be able to get another FP in DCA for two hours.

They were, for sure, allowing a line up for FP this week. I don't know if it varies during the time of year, but, when we showed up at 7:30 on an EMH morning that we couldn't attend and stood at the rope, we watched people who were eligible for EMH line up in the FP line and it stretched halfway back to Carthay Circle before our rope dropped.

That's good to know about the pre-opening FP line. Was there a CM directing guests to the end of the line or was the line just kind of forming itself without CM help? I'm wondering if they've stopped actively trying to prevent a line from forming, but have not gone back to formally creating the line.

That's good to know about the pre-opening FP line. Was there a CM directing guests to the end of the line or was the line just kind of forming itself without CM help? I'm wondering if they've stopped actively trying to prevent a line from forming, but have not gone back to formally creating the line.

Yes, I would say it seemed to be informal. There were a couple CMs hanging around who seemed to be keeping an eye on the line but they didn't seem proactive about it.

First week of March we were there for EE. Once the park opened and we were back by RSR FP machines(10:50am), we pulled FP's for 3:45-4:45.

We also wanted to ride at night. So when 2hours passed, I went back to the RSR FP's machines to pull night time FP's.
Thinking I could pull another FP after the two hour mark.
This is when I found out I couldn't pull another FP for a ride I had an un-used FP for.
There were still FP for late in the evening. The CM was kind enough to let me trade my earlier FP's for ones at night.

Both days we visited this week (3/15 and 3/16, quite busy days) when DCA had extra magic hours, FPs were at about 6:30-7:30 return times by about 10:30 AM. I'm not sure if the pace was any slower on the day when DL had the extra magic hour (I got to the machine earlier and got an earlier FP return window, which is kind of how time works...).

So how quickly FP distribution ends will depend on how busy the parks are. If you are OK with riding at night, I imagine that in almost any case, you'd do fine by getting to the machines by 10.

Based on my past few visits this month. You will be safe getting a FP at 11am.
When it gets to 1130am-12pm your going to be cutting it close.
I am assuming that FP is running out around 1130am-12pm because people who are in the park at 8am or 9am are starting to get their second FP for RSR.
Especially when you consider that Soarin and its FP are down and Anna and Elsa meet n greet is disconnected.
I expect the RSR FP time to increase to 1pm or 2pm once Soarin is updated to HD and reopens.

We also wanted to ride at night. So when 2hours passed, I went back to the RSR FP's machines to pull night time FP's.
Thinking I could pull another FP after the two hour mark.
This is when I found out I couldn't pull another FP for a ride I had an un-used FP for.
There were still FP for late in the evening. The CM was kind enough to let me trade my earlier FP's for ones at night.

This is the first time i have heard this. So you can only hold one RSR FP at a time?Even after your window opens? From what you said, it sounds like this applies to all DLR rides?

This is the first time i have heard this. So you can only hold one RSR FP at a time?Even after your window opens? From what you said, it sounds like this applies to all DLR rides?

Yes! You can only have one RSR FP per ticket at a time essentially.

When I was there trying to get a second RSR FP at 12:55pm, the CM explained it to me like this......

Since the return time for the RSR FP I pulled at 10:50am, was a window time of 3:45pm - 4:45pm
I could pull another RSR FP after the window time (3:45pm) on the FP
And the CM didn't feel the FP's would last that long into the day
The CM did say I could pull a different attraction FP two hours after I had pulled the 10:50am FP.

It was nice they offered to let me trade so we could ride at night.

If you have ever tried to get a FP from an attraction machine before the right time, you know it gives you some type of INVALID jargon on the FP it spits out.

It gives you a slip that says that you already hold a valid Fastpass for that attraction. The machines at DL do it too, it's not just RSR.

There is an automated phone line that will tell you if FPs are available and what times they are currently distributing (as well as current wait times and even if the ride is currently operating) for every ride in the park. It's called Otto and the number is 714-520-7090. It's a valuable resource for RSR (and all rides for that matter) and more reliable than a lot of the mobile apps about there since it is run by Disney. When I'm working on my touring plans, a lot of times I will call a week or so out a few times a day just to see what the wait times are averaging and what time FPs are available for and when they are running out.

It gives you a slip that says that you already hold a valid Fastpass for that attraction. The machines at DL do it too, it's not just RSR.

Yes, this is true of every ride in the park. You can pull a FP for another ride after 2 hours, but you have to wait until your window is open before you can pull another FP for the same ride.

There is an automated phone line that will tell you if FPs are available and what times they are currently distributing (as well as current wait times and even if the ride is currently operating) for every ride in the park. It's called Otto and the number is 714-520-7090. It's a valuable resource for RSR (and all rides for that matter) and more reliable than a lot of the mobile apps about there since it is run by Disney. When I'm working on my touring plans, a lot of times I will call a week or so out a few times a day just to see what the wait times are averaging and what time FPs are available for and when they are running out.

Thanks for the Otto reminder!! Heading there next week and this was a great help last time we went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter