• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Disney Spring parking situation?

DavidNYC

DIS Veteran
Heading down for my annual Disney trip next week. Couple of questions about Disney Springs parking.

1. If I'm not mistaken - just one garage is open now. Where do you actually enter Disney Springs if you park there? Somewhere on West Side?

2. What other lots are currently open? (We spend almost all of our time on the Marketplace side so have parked at the far lot using the last entrance - near Basin for years. Was still able to get there last year (and the lot was actually pretty empty since it was so convoluted to get to it looks like most people gave up before getting that far). Would much prefer to park near marketplace if that's an option.

The parking garage is open.. It's easy and zero hassle. You enter the West Side by AMC.

I didnt check out the other lots to see what was open - it was just so easy to park at Disney Springs now with the new lot. Check it out.... very easy. I even filmed it so people could see the lot and traffic pattern:

It appears parking by the west side is now easier.

But bus (from a Disney resort) still seems the only was to arrive near Marketplace.
The former Eastside/Marketplace parking is still under heavy construction as a new garage is being built.

It appears parking by the west side is now easier.

But bus (from a Disney resort) still seems the only was to arrive near Marketplace.
The former Eastside/Marketplace parking is still under heavy construction as a new garage is being built.

Parking by the West Side is very easy. The buses do only drop off in the Marketplace right now.

I didnt check out any of the parking lot in between those two places... but I parked in the parking garage both times I went to DS last week.

Parking by the West Side is very easy. The buses do only drop off in the Marketplace right now.

I didnt check out any of the parking lot in between those two places... but I parked in the parking garage both times I went to DS last week.
It appears the printed maps of Disney Springs show green "grass" in the former marketplace parking lots between the open West side garage and the bus stop... It's really still a construction zone.

The overall Disney Springs situation seems to be improving, but might still be a bit disappointing for a East side/ Marketplace only guest.
It may be fun, or at least different. Park in the new West side garage, then take a water taki to the Marketplace.

Last edited:
It appears the printed maps of Disney Springs show green "grass" in the former marketplace parking lots between the open West side garage and the bus stop... It's really still a construction zone.

The overall Disney Springs situation seems to be improving, but might still be a bit disappointing for a East side/ Marketplace only guest.
It may be fun, or at least different. Park in the new West side garage, then take a water taki to the Marketplace.

I forgot to even grab a Disney Springs map. It definitely is improving - and this is coming from someone who worked at Pleasure Island 10 years ago. I really like the new direction now that it's actually coming to fruition. I cant wait to go there in a year or two once everything is a little closer to being done.

I enjoyed the new Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar too...

The parking garage is open.. It's easy and zero hassle. You enter the West Side by AMC.

I didnt check out the other lots to see what was open - it was just so easy to park at Disney Springs now with the new lot. Check it out.... very easy. I even filmed it so people could see the lot and traffic pattern:

Please allow me to start by saying this is great, helpful video, indeed...so thank you, for that. What I am somewhat reluctant to even assume is that you were both the driver and videographer, at the same time. Presuming that to be true, it pains me greatly to say that this may be my first Disney rant...If I am mistaken, you have my apologies...and am girding myself for return fire...

PLEASE, ALL: I am far too aware of the myriad and - YES! LIFE THREATENING - dangers of operating a vehicle and a cell phone, simultaneously, even in the least traffic, or most perceivedly "innocuous" situations! And it just worries me more given that traffic in Orlando is already horrendous enough, what with folks from everywhere else, unfamiliar with the roads, and everyone in a rush to get from Point A to Point B...and all with so many children about - even in the parking garages!

Sorry for the hijack, but couldn't get beyond...

PLEASE, EVERYONE! PUT YOUR PHONES DOWN and DRIVE, ever-so-focused and cautiously! There are - truly - lives that may depend on that simple measure...others' and even your own!

When leaving is it clear how to get out? And which direction to go? It looks nice, can't believe how different it looks!! Thanks for the video.

Please allow me to start by saying this is great, helpful video, indeed...so thank you, for that. What I am somewhat reluctant to even assume is that you were both the driver and videographer, at the same time. Presuming that to be true, it pains me greatly to say that this may be my first Disney rant...If I am mistaken, you have my apologies...and am girding myself for return fire...

PLEASE, ALL: I am far too aware of the myriad and - YES! LIFE THREATENING - dangers of operating a vehicle and a cell phone, simultaneously, even in the least traffic, or most perceivedly "innocuous" situations! And it just worries me more given that traffic in Orlando is already horrendous enough, what with folks from everywhere else, unfamiliar with the roads, and everyone in a rush to get from Point A to Point B...and all with so many children about - even in the parking garages!

Sorry for the hijack, but couldn't get beyond...

PLEASE, EVERYONE! PUT YOUR PHONES DOWN and DRIVE, ever-so-focused and cautiously! There are - truly - lives that may depend on that simple measure...others' and even your own!

Please notice on the video that I didn't manipulate the camera at all while I was driving at speed, I wasn't even looking at the camera while I was driving. It'd have been one thing if I was texting or physically using the camera while I was driving, but I was not. I didn't manipulate the camera until I was pulling to the stop light and then within the parking garage.

I get what you're saying... but I can assure you nobody was at risk with the video I took.

When leaving is it clear how to get out? And which direction to go? It looks nice, can't believe how different it looks!! Thanks for the video.

Getting out is a little more tricky - It's easy to exit the garage, but once out to the main road you have to immediately cut over a lane. It'll be better once they get everything finished, but... it's still 100% easier than what it was like on the ground floor. We left the parking garage a little later in the night the one night of our trip, and it was an easy flow out of the garage though!

While parking is much better than it was this time last year, it still gets a bit difficult in the evenings. A week ago, my daughter was turned away from the entire Disney Springs area because all lots were full. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. It will only get worse as the holidays approach.
I live ten minutes from Disney Springs and go there often, but I always try to get there by 5pm at the latest. If you need to visit later in the evening and you have access to Disney transportation. You might want to give yourself a break and not drive. Not fun spending a good portion of your evening trolling for parking or, worse yet, being turned away.

While parking is much better than it was this time last year, it still gets a bit difficult in the evenings. A week ago, my daughter was turned away from the entire Disney Springs area because all lots were full. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. It will only get worse as the holidays approach.
I live ten minutes from Disney Springs and go there often, but I always try to get there by 5pm at the latest. If you need to visit later in the evening and you have access to Disney transportation. You might want to give yourself a break and not drive. Not fun spending a good portion of your evening trolling for parking or, worse yet, being turned away.

We went a little later one of the evenings, and most of the parking levels only had double-digit open spots in the parking structure - but I didn't have an issue finding the open spots. They make it easy to find the open spots as long as they're open....

I'm sure they really need to have both structures open for the busy season - but I didn't even look to see how far along the second structure was.

I'm sure they really need to have both structures open for the busy season - but I didn't even look to see how far along the second structure was.

The second parking garage still has a long way to go. I'd estimate about March/April possibly

Like others who parked and took the elevators down from the parking garage, we weren't paying sufficient attention. We missed any sign saying exit at the "SECOND" floor. We selected "FIRST" floor. When we exited the elevator, there was no way to Disney Springs from the garage's First Floor. We took the elevator back to the 2nd Floor, walked around the corner, and there was an escalator or different elevator to take you to Disney Springs first floor. Confusing, for sure. But it was a one-time mistake.

It's not too bad during the week, but Friday nights/Weekends (especially evenings) watch out, it's still a madhouse and you may wind up parking well away from the garages (behind the gas station or at the Team Disney Orlando office parking lot)

Getting in from I-4 is easy with the new ramp, not so much getting out, and the main road is still under heavy construction. For a local, Disney Springs is still a no go until that construction is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter