Current CM... Happy to answer all your questions!

On disembarkation day, do CM's ride the same bus as the guests to and from the airport? Or do CMs not disembark with the guests?

CMs seem to welcome guests onboard.... do they wave them goodbye? Or do guest get off the ship without having to wade through hoards of CMs?

I've always wondered how that stuff works. :p

Hi, just thought I'd pop in and answer a few questions. I think KT2038 your fellow disboarders have done a marvelous job answering each other though, and all it takes is a little bit of reading!

Re: Non-Potty trained 3 year old
If the child has already reached Club & Lab age - which is 3 years old, we must let her in. The issue is the pull-ups, however. Some Counselors and Managers might go with the "pool-rule" which is to say that since your child cannot (and shouldn't) enter any of our pools with pull-ups on, we will caution against wearing them in the youth spaces. It's a USPH requirement; you will see that as soon as any accidents occur the area is VERY swiftly cordoned off and rendered unusable by the kids or the staff until a sanitization team has come.

To prevent this, counselors MAY SUGGEST the Nursery, especially if a parent doesn't sound confident about the level of potty training the child has attained. But in the end, once you're within the age range, we must accept them into the space. Sometimes, depending on the ship and who the manager is at the time - they might instruct counselors to suggest the nursery first and might want to talk to the parents themselves to ensure they're willing to come and check often just in case, and won't leave the ship without the child. From the sounds of it, you should have no trouble :) If a Counselor seems hesitant, ask to speak to the manager.

(We have had parents believe it or not, leave children in pull-ups in our care who've ignored their Wave phones and not come to aid their child who's had an accident for hours. And counselors are not allowed to change pull-ups on children outside of the Nursery!)

Re: Mickey Bars
I asked a merchandise staff CM and apparently they operate on a completely different system to Youth Activities. Because we're a space where food IS allowed to be consumed (as per USPH regulations), we can accept food as presents and have a space to store them. Unfortunately in the case of merch, since their spaces are not USPH cleared for food consumption, anything would have to be pre-packaged and sealed - so yes for candy, but Mickey Bars have nowhere to be stored! But they are never allowed to accept anything from guests on the floor/while working, especially as they are in a retail environment.

The best thing to do in any case of giving anything is speak to the CM directly and ask how to do it so they will not risk any trouble.

Re: Disembarkation day
The CMs take a completely different shuttle to the guests. In fact, due to the many different international CMs employed by the company, it is in strict policy that our movements are monitored when leaving the ship and heading to the airport so that we do not attempt to illegally migrate to the US. If you've read new reports over the past few years, this is attempted quite a bit on many lines.

There normally isn't someone to Wave goodbye; some ships may continue the practice and it's normally dumped on one member of Youth Staff to wake up at 6 am and do this all morning (believe it or not, it's not an enjoyable task to be stood there waving a character glove while encountered by impatient guests wondering why the Port Authorities haven't allowed anyone off the ship yet and they're going to miss their flight :worried:).
Youth Staff also traditionally were the ones to swipe/scan Key to the World cards as guests disembarked, though no longer (depending on the ship). Now this tends to be Merch staff and/or Guest Services.

Question for CMontheseas:

I know someone dear to me who is trying very hard to get a job with DCL (or any cruise line). He would make an awesome server and has a lot of experience. He has an agent in the Phillipines, and has applied online but got a generic response. Any tips to get noticed and an interview??

Posted on another thread, but that CM no longer response.

Maybe you can help...

according to other posts I've read...

"My child is over the age of 3 and is not fully potty-trained, can they still go into the space?
We are required to accept any child between 3- 12, regardless of whether they are potty trained. Once they fall within our age group, you may have them in diapers and pullups (we have had many cases of children with bowel issues, or late potty-training, or developmental delays needing this!). We will ask you to check on them frequently as we aren't allowed to change them ourselves."

Is this still true?

My DD(3) is almost "fully" potty trained. At our time of sailing (6 mo.) she SHOULD be fully potty trained.
But I am worried about accidents, due to being distracted or holding it to long.

If she is still in pull ups will they let her in?
If no, what happens if she does have an accident?

I have no problem checking on my kids. I would check hourly anyways.

Thanks

Not CM but here was our experience from last year on the Fantasy. Our 37 month old was just like yours, almost fully potty trained - going on her own with an occasional accident. I never mentioned it to the kids club, said she was potty trained, and would just send her in with a pull up. One or two times when I went to pick her up, her pull up was wet but no one ever said anything to me. Can't comment on what would have happened if she had a dirty diaper since that was never our experience.

Not CM but here was our experience from last year on the Fantasy. Our 37 month old was just like yours, almost fully potty trained - going on her own with an occasional accident. I never mentioned it to the kids club, said she was potty trained, and would just send her in with a pull up. One or two times when I went to pick her up, her pull up was wet but no one ever said anything to me. Can't comment on what would have happened if she had a dirty diaper since that was never our experience.

That's kinda what we are going with.. Put one on her if they have a problem with it I will change her into her panties.
My daughter we prefer to wear panties, but I was thinking more of easy clean up for me and not having to worry about CM cleaning up pee pee. I'm sure that's no fun for anyone when a child has a major accident.

It's nice to know they will take her.
With her older sister going Into the club, it's would make it hard to put in her nursery.. They are incredibly close and separating them everyday, I don't think would go over well.

I do have one more question..
Do the CM try to remind the young ones to go to the potty? Like a potty break once an hour?
I'm sure my kids are not the only one to get distracted and try to hold it to long..

We will be on the October 31 Sailing on the Wonder. We are bringing my 3 nieces and 1 nephew with us on their first cruise.

We have 3 children that are 10 years old and one that is 11 (they all turn 11 within 2 months of cruising). Will they be able to go to Edge?

Also, I understand that Wonder will be having the full Halloween on the High Seas. Do you know what we can expect this year?

We really look forward to having you on the Wonder. Last time we brought a USB filled with movies and music. Would that be most useful this time for the CMs? Also, would candies from home countries be preferred or just the standard US candies? UK? Canada? Other countries?

Cheers and thanks for taking the time out to answer everyone's questions.
Uflaw, can't wait to meet you on this cruise! Are you doing the trick-or-treating?
Will this CM be on our cruise then? Hope so, my dd will be 6.
My question is what time do they serve dinner at the clubs, as we have second seating, which is late for her to eat (and I am hoping she makes friends and wants to stay in the clubs so we can eat in peace!)

Uflaw, can't wait to meet you on this cruise! Are you doing the trick-or-treating? Will this CM be on our cruise then? Hope so, my dd will be 6. My question is what time do they serve dinner at the clubs, as we have second seating, which is late for her to eat (and I am hoping she makes friends and wants to stay in the clubs so we can eat in peace!)

Hi, I'm not a CM, but we've done second seating before. Our kids MUCH preferred the choices topside like pizza or chicken nuggets to the offerings in the clubs so they would eat about 6-7pm by the uncrowded pool (great time to go) and then we would let them go to the club while we got ready or grabbed a bear in the Cadillac Lounge listening to the piano player before dinner. Worked well for us all.

Maybe someone else can detail the choices in the club/lab for dinner.

Great idea about eating topside instead of worrying about her eating in the clubs! Thanks!

Uflaw, can't wait to meet you on this cruise! Are you doing the trick-or-treating?
Will this CM be on our cruise then? Hope so, my dd will be 6.
My question is what time do they serve dinner at the clubs, as we have second seating, which is late for her to eat (and I am hoping she makes friends and wants to stay in the clubs so we can eat in peace!)

Hi! Yes I will be onboard then :) dinner in the Lab is usually around 6pm every day but Embark. See you real soon!

Do you know if Vishal is still on the Wonder? We have had him three times as our server in the past. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Question for CMontheseas:

I know someone dear to me who is trying very hard to get a job with DCL (or any cruise line). He would make an awesome server and has a lot of experience. He has an agent in the Phillipines, and has applied online but got a generic response. Any tips to get noticed and an interview??

Feel free to Pm me any questions you may have! :)

Posted on another thread, but that CM no longer response.

Maybe you can help...

according to other posts I've read...

"My child is over the age of 3 and is not fully potty-trained, can they still go into the space?
We are required to accept any child between 3- 12, regardless of whether they are potty trained. Once they fall within our age group, you may have them in diapers and pullups (we have had many cases of children with bowel issues, or late potty-training, or developmental delays needing this!). We will ask you to check on them frequently as we aren't allowed to change them ourselves."

Is this still true?

My DD(3) is almost "fully" potty trained. At our time of sailing (6 mo.) she SHOULD be fully potty trained.
But I am worried about accidents, due to being distracted or holding it to long.

If she is still in pull ups will they let her in?
If no, what happens if she does have an accident?

I have no problem checking on my kids. I would check hourly anyways.

Thanks

Hi! If your child is three and still needs pull ups they may need to go to the nursery. If you feel that they will be ok in undies then by all means they are welcome in the Club! We remind children at the end of all our programs to use the bathroom. And accidents do happen frequently but that's ok!! We would just call you and let you know :)

What treats are preferred by the CMs? I see a lot of people suggest candy, but is there any specific candy that most of the CMs like receiving the most?

What treats are preferred by the CMs? I see a lot of people suggest candy, but is there any specific candy that most of the CMs like receiving the most?

Hi! Thanks for asking what we prefer! Anything at all is very much appreciated as you do not have to give us anything and we certainly don't expect it. But anything that is small enough for our pockets is great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter