Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! (I’ll kill my roommate later lol).
Now onto Halloween!
Before you do that, is she a southern girl? I’m thinking she might be based on the “hiya y’all” greeting. She sounds fun.

Happy Birthday @Mags2002 !!! ….. thank you for starting this thread! It’s very interesting! ….. and I would love to see a vlog!
I’d like to know about the products the princesses use to set their make-up. They are always flawless and never smudge or melt in the heat and humidity. I’ve tried a few products with less than favorable results. Just once, I’d like to arrive at my Palo brunch reservation without looking like a hot mess! Literally! 😂 Since you are friends with a lot of princesses, perhaps you can share their secrets???

I hope you had a great birthday @Mags2002!!

I sail on the Wish this Friday for my birthday! First time on the Wish! Any recommendations?!
Thank you!
How wonderful! You’ll have so much fun!
I recommend walking around the whole ship and getting a feel for where everything is, but also so you can see each space because everything looks spectacular!
Do you have reservations an Enchante?
I would also recommend checking out The Bayou, Hyperspace Lounge and Joyful Sweets. Oh and I’m sure your family will love the new Youth Activities spaces, Hero Zone and the AquaMouse 💙

Happy Birthday @Mags2002 !!! ….. thank you for starting this thread! It’s very interesting! ….. and I would love to see a vlog!
I’d like to know about the products the princesses use to set their make-up. They are always flawless and never smudge or melt in the heat and humidity. I’ve tried a few products with less than favorable results. Just once, I’d like to arrive at my Palo brunch reservation without looking like a hot mess! Literally! 😂 Since you are friends with a lot of princesses, perhaps you can share their secrets???
Thank you!
Disney provides us with our makeup so that each character is using the correct shades to keep a consistent look. I use Ben Nye final seal spray, I have tried some others but I like this one the best

Thank you!
Disney provides us with our makeup so that each character is using the correct shades to keep a consistent look. I use Ben Nye final seal spray, I have tried some others but I like this one the best
That is interesting to know that Disney provides your makeup! I feel dumb for not thinking that they would because they do need consistency throughout! Learn something new all the time! I do feel for any of the friends that have freckles! I would need a roller brush to apply multiple coats. Lolol.

I do wonder though, what about friends that have freckles on their arms? After so many hugs, I’m not sure much makeup would be left! Or maybe that is part of the casting process - freckles on arms is a no go for face characters?

Thank you!
I recommend walking around the whole ship and getting a feel for where everything is, but also so you can see each space because everything looks spectacular!
I would also recommend checking out The Bayou, Hyperspace Lounge and Joyful Sweets. Oh and I’m sure your family will love the new Youth Activities spaces, Hero Zone and the AquaMouse 💙
Thank you! It's actually just me and my fiance this time for my birthday, no kids! My kids are super jealous, but I deserve vacations without them too!

Thank you!

I did the race course in the Hero Zone last year. It definitely was an experience

Is it true that if you have a complaint that Disney will do anything to alleviate the problem?
Disney wants Guests to be happy and have a magical vacation. If things go wrong, yes CMs will often try and solve the problem in different ways depending on the situation.
I know it has been all over social media that if you complain then you will get free stuff. I have even seen videos of people “planning” on what they are going to complain about before they even get there.
But please really stop and think about this before you make a complaint. If it is a genuine complaint then by all means, go for it. But if it isn’t, then you could be potentially messing with someone’s job and their livelihood. Disney takes complaints very seriously and you may get a CM into a lot of trouble for nothing

Do you recall what they were going to complain about?
Anything and everything. The way a cast member says hello to them - or doesn't. Dropping trash in front of a cast member to see if they pick it up. I haven't seen anything about planting hair or fingernails in food at Disney, but that's been done before in other places and is a pretty well-known trick.

CMs not commenting on - or doing anything special - for a celebration button is a big one. And it's made worse by social media and forums like this where people report getting extra multi-experience lightning lane passes, free stuff at carts or restaurants, put through the lightning lane even if they didn't have one, major pixie dusting for the resort room, etc. (Heck, if I was the kind of person to complain about stuff that you're not entitled to but think you should get based on socials or forums, I could have done so at Disneyland using these very boards where a regular DL poster reported that when he had his birthday button on he was given a bunch of silver tier multi-experience passes and a few gold-tier multi experience passes because I got neither when I had my button on. But I get that it's up to the CMs and it's not their fault that some go above and beyond and it's spread all over the internet.)

And then for removing the gratuities on the cruise it could be anything - a stateroom host not doing anything with a child's stuffed animals, a server taking a smidge too long to refill a water glass, etc. Just hang out near guest services on the last day of a cruise and you'll hear it all as for why people want to take their gratuities off.

That is interesting to know that Disney provides your makeup! I feel dumb for not thinking that they would because they do need consistency throughout! Learn something new all the time! I do feel for any of the friends that have freckles! I would need a roller brush to apply multiple coats. Lolol.

I do wonder though, what about friends that have freckles on their arms? After so many hugs, I’m not sure much makeup would be left! Or maybe that is part of the casting process - freckles on arms is a no go for face characters?
It really depends on what the other girls who are friends with the character look like. If they have some freckles, you’re more likely to be cast. It isn’t just about looking like a particular character, you also need to look similar the girls they already have in the role

Do you recall what they were going to complain about?
Found it. They were going to complain about character dining, including the service, the food and the characters hoping to get it for free.
Another one I just saw was they were going to complain that they were discriminated against for a mental health issue by every CM and demand free merch and entry to the parks for the next day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter