• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Characters? August?

Jupiter&Wolfe

Disney is for Gwown Ups
Hey all! I have a question about the characters...is there any way to know what characters will be out and about at the time you'll be at the World? (Aside from the classics. ;) ) Like, how do some of you make things such as homemade autograph books? How do you know what characters to include and which to not? I'm working on a project and I want to include as many meetable characters as possible, I just don't know which ones to use!

Which ones have been out recently? Is there anyway to know what to expect come August? What "rare" characters should I consider adding?

There are also some specifics I'm curious about:

Goofy's son Max: Seen him recently? Think I could find him?

Pinocchio and company (including the villains Honest John Foulfellow and Gideon)

The Splash Mountain Brers? Common? Uncommon?

the Step Sisters? (probably can't do the character meal).

Cruella De Vil?

aaaany help would be appreciated! Thanks! :goodvibes

It's very hard to say if the rare characters will be making appearances during your visit. These characters make appearances for training purposes and are not scheduled to appear.

I would say Max is going to be hard to find.
Anyone other than Pinocchio is hard to find but Gepetto could be found at the Animation Building at DHS on non fantasmic days.
Brer Bear is common as well as the Step Sisters.
I haven't seen Cruela since the Halloween party.

If you want to make an autograph book I would bring blank pages that you can decorate later if you find a rare character you can decorate the page later.

I would say Max is going to be hard to find.
Anyone other than Pinocchio is hard to find but Gepetto could be found at the Animation Building at DHS on non fantasmic days.
Brer Bear is common as well as the Step Sisters.
I haven't seen Cruela since the Halloween party.

If you want to make an autograph book I would bring blank pages that you can decorate later if you find a rare character you can decorate the page later.

I second the suggestion about having blank pages signed, and making the book after the fact.

We were there in April, and found all three of the Tremain's in front of where Belle was doing the storybook show.
Also Jiminy Cricket was at Rifiki's Planet Watch at Animal Kingdom.

If you are interested in making your own autograph book, look here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323160. It is the how-to thread on the DISign forum for making your own autograph books. It has step-by-step directions and links to where you can get pages for individual characters in post #1, and a list of the characters that are currently appearing regularly in the parks. :goodvibes

Would add http://sites.google.com/site/wdwcharacterhunt/home/ the webmaster post here quite frequently (Berlioz70 Character Hunter). Seems the characters are due for a changeover in the fall. looks like a ticket to the Mnsshp would be a good wayto see some of your guys.

I've asked CM's at the Animation Building about the 5pm Popup Surprise and they have never seemed to know what I'm talking about, but I've alwasy been on a Fantasmic day. Looks like DHS on on Fantasmic days are the best bet to see rare characters in one location

http://unofficialdisneycharacterhuntingguide.blogspot.com/

Thank you diberry and wheeliefun for the call out!

My understanding is that Brer Fox, Brer Bear, and Brer Rabbit can be found at AK. Here's one more link to add... entertainment schedules and character locations updated frequently.

While this site is excellent for times, it unfortunately is not current for characters. The Br'er characters are not common at DAK as much as they used to be. MK Hoedown is a better bet.

How do you know what characters to include and which to not? I'm working on a project and I want to include as many meetable characters as possible, I just don't know which ones to use!

The greeting locations were covered well for the characters you listed... a lot of autograph book makers like the page I linked below. It lists how likely you are to see certain characters. Definitely list the first group and then you can be more selective with the rest, realizing the chances get slimmer the further down on the list a character is.

CHARACTER FREQUENCY

Also - here are the upcoming character changes. Two changes expected in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter