• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

current bounceback offer?

I wonder if they will release any possible 2011 BB offers when September rolls around in a few days. Maybe after the first week(wishful thinking) a new 2011 flyer will be in rooms, here's crossing our fingers for regular fd.

We're going in December, and want to book a trip for October 2011. I really hope they offer some sort of BB by then, as all of the current offers don't cover our next trip! If not I guess we'll have to wait and see if Disney offers anything in the new year...

We're going in December, and want to book a trip for October 2011. I really hope they offer some sort of BB by then, as all of the current offers don't cover our next trip! If not I guess we'll have to wait and see if Disney offers anything in the new year...

I feel the same way! I was FINALLY ready to arrive at Disney with $200 extra dollars in my pocket to plunk down on next year's vacation........... :mad:

I hope they reevaluate that.

I'm thinking some of the gift card offers went later in the year, but for that deal, I'll take my $200 back home with me! Especially since the room rates for December are so much higher next year!

Hi all...I just returned from a week at Port Orleans. On our last day there (this past Wednesday) I called to see what our bounce back offer was and I was told that Disney would not be offering and bb for 2011 and that they are doing away with all bounce backs. The CM told me that's why they have already release FD for dates in 2011. Just thought I would share!
When I was at the Contemporary this month I saw that the Housekeeper was told to take the Bounceback offer sheets out of our rooms because that promotion was ending. Now we were able to get a Bounceback rate for this December at the Boardwalk in a Standard Club Level Room because I asked for the sheet back. Personally I felt they should have taken the Bounceback offer after we checked-out because I didn't think it was right doing that while we were still there. Now the weird thing is when we checked into the Boardwalk we had a Bounceback offer sheet in our room, although it was only for dates in 2010.

I'm new.. very new... whats a bounceback?:confused3
:welcome: buca545

A Bounceback is an offer for a future (return) trip to Disney that you have to book while you are there at the resort on a vacation. Usually a special offer available only to people currently staying on property.

Just got back and I can confirm that the bounceback is the same as the public offer.

I called a few times becasue I thought I might have a misinformed CM but they all said the same thing, nothing extra for the bounceback!

I got the flyer in my room a few days ago with all the free dining dates and it says only quick service for values.

You can upgrade for $11 per day for each adult.

I have gone the last few years in August for regular free dinning but this will be my last.

Why go in August for the 95 degree heat and a chance of a hurricane when you can go just about anytime all year for the free dining.

It's a little sad that there's no special bounceback offers, but I must say, I really like the new format of just giving the deal a year in advance for everyone. Except for the few that get left out because of blackout dates, it's actually a trade off of a few extra dollars to upgrade to Reg Dining for the nerve racking waiting game. I bought our airfare way in advance for this trip because it was just to good to pass up ($69), but then I waited for months to see if the free dining would actually be announced. Some waited it out, and then paid double for the airfare, but at least they knew the free dining was out. I actually hope Disney continues this advanced promo announcing, it'll save me from many many grey hairs in the future.

It's a little sad that there's no special bounceback offers, but I must say, I really like the new format of just giving the deal a year in advance for everyone. Except for the few that get left out because of blackout dates, it's actually a trade off of a few extra dollars to upgrade to Reg Dining for the nerve racking waiting game. I bought our airfare way in advance for this trip because it was just to good to pass up ($69), but then I waited for months to see if the free dining would actually be announced. Some waited it out, and then paid double for the airfare, but at least they knew the free dining was out. I actually hope Disney continues this advanced promo announcing, it'll save me from many many grey hairs in the future.

It's better IF there's a public deal out there for when you want to go back. The Oct to Dec stuff for next year is underwhelming.......

I've decided that there is going to be a simply amazing diiscount package starting in October 2011 to celebrate WDW's 40th anniversary. :rotfl:

FYI, the bounceback line is the same division as the Grand gatherings line. SO, you could call Disney Reservations while you are onsite and press the grand gatherings selection and ask for the current bounceback.

FYI, the bounceback line is the same division as the Grand gatherings line. SO, you could call Disney Reservations while you are onsite and press the grand gatherings selection and ask for the current bounceback.
Whenever we called about a Bounceback reservation from our room we just pressed extension 8844 and asked for booking code OKR, which was listed on the Bounceback sheet and never needed to press anything releated to the Grand Gatherings selection.

I think I'm going to just end up making a reservation for the public deal.....I hate waiting and then only to be told there isn't any difference when I get there. I think we're pretty happy with the QSDP anyway, we just pay OOP for what few TS meals we eat and we come out ahead that way. I just pray they extend the dates in to October next year....I really would like 2 days at F&W Festival and it usually starts the first of October.

I think I'm going to just end up making a reservation for the public deal.....I hate waiting and then only to be told there isn't any difference when I get there. I think we're pretty happy with the QSDP anyway, we just pay OOP for what few TS meals we eat and we come out ahead that way. I just pray they extend the dates in to October next year....I really would like 2 days at F&W Festival and it usually starts the first of October.
You'll be fine to get to the F&W festival. The dates for free dining say for arrival dates up to Sept 29th. When we went in 2008, free dining was up to Sept 20th, so we arrived on the 19th and had free dining all the way till our check out day on the 29th. You could arrive on the 29th, and enjoy free dining for up to 14 nights after that.

It is such a hard decision when to go. We really want to go the first week of October 2011. It will be our son's fall break and the weather is usually much better during October (I hate the heat)!!!! We checked it out and if we schedule our trip starting the last day of free dining, he would only miss 3 days of school. We also could either stay at POP for 10 days or AKL for 7. I would love to stay for 10 days but the thought of staying at AKL has always appealed to me. My thought is that if we do schedule to go during that time and they put out another offer for October, then all we will have to do is change dates. I do like that they have released next years promo this early.

Just got back and I can confirm that the bounceback is the same as the public offer.

I called a few times becasue I thought I might have a misinformed CM but they all said the same thing, nothing extra for the bounceback!

I got the flyer in my room a few days ago with all the free dining dates and it says only quick service for values.

You can upgrade for $11 per day for each adult.

I have gone the last few years in August for regular free dinning but this will be my last.

Why go in August for the 95 degree heat and a chance of a hurricane when you can go just about anytime all year for the free dining.

Yeah, we returned from POP last weekend and I can confirm there's no bounceback. We've been doing the free DDP in August for several years now, but we won't be returning next year if all we can get for free is the QSDP.

Frankly, free DDP at the Value Resorts was too good a deal -- which is probably why Disney has pulled it. Over the years, my family became "professionals" at milking it. It was a fantastic deal if you could stay, say, 10 days, buy base tickets (which cost little more than 3 day tickets), and ate and hung out at Disney's best restaurants and fanciest resorts, touring the theme parks at a relaxed pace. All for about $80 a day, plus the tickets. None of my friends believed it, but Disney was actually a cheap (and very nice) vacation this way (with little need or incentive to spend any additional money, except for gratuities at the table service restaurants).

I still think free QSDP at a value resort is a very good deal -- but mostly for Disney newbies. Those of us who have visited many times have "done" the parks; the opportunity to eat for free at some great restaurants was what kept us coming back year after year. (Newbies will be happy exploring the parks, and will find the free QSDP more than adequate.) I'm sure we'd EVENTUALLY return under the new rules, but there's just no reason to rush back. Upgrading to a moderate resort would almost double our room tab, which might still be a good deal, isn't a COMPELLING deal if you've already done the free DDP several times at the much lower price. I'm sure many other value bouncebackers will feel the same way, and Disney will lose some of our business, but I'm not sure it's business they really want to have.

You'll be fine to get to the F&W festival. The dates for free dining say for arrival dates up to Sept 29th. When we went in 2008, free dining was up to Sept 20th, so we arrived on the 19th and had free dining all the way till our check out day on the 29th. You could arrive on the 29th, and enjoy free dining for up to 14 nights after that.

Actually we can't check in on the last day, it's a Thursday. My husband gets 5 days off in a row....so this would lead us to have to check out on the following Wednesday so he could be back to work on Thursday. We'll have to back it up a few days and check in on that previous Saturday then stay till the following Sunday....which will get us right in the door of October. Hopefully F&W festival will start a bit earlier so we won't be pushed too much to see it. I don't really remember it ending on a weekday in previous years....I'll have to check Mousesavers for that information.

I still think free QSDP at a value resort is a very good deal -- but mostly for Disney newbies. Those of us who have visited many times have "done" the parks; the opportunity to eat for free at some great restaurants was what kept us coming back year after year. (Newbies will be happy exploring the parks, and will find the free QSDP more than adequate.)

We aren't Disney newbies...and we're looking forward to QSDP. We've 'done' the parks many many times over....and still we find something new to enjoy every year. We have 5 children so we'll continue to go as long as Disney supplies us with a meal plan....even paying OOP for the few TS we've come to enjoy over the years of regular free dining and we come out cheaper than upgrading. I actually think the many years of free TS dining helped us discover a few restaurants that we're now more than willing to pay for....but we realize we do not like many of the others we've tried and can now eliminate those from our trip without wondering what we're missing.

Yeah, we returned from POP last weekend and I can confirm there's no bounceback. We've been doing the free DDP in August for several years now, but we won't be returning next year if all we can get for free is the QSDP.

Frankly, free DDP at the Value Resorts was too good a deal -- which is probably why Disney has pulled it. Over the years, my family became "professionals" at milking it. It was a fantastic deal if you could stay, say, 10 days, buy base tickets (which cost little more than 3 day tickets), and ate and hung out at Disney's best restaurants and fanciest resorts, touring the theme parks at a relaxed pace. All for about $80 a day, plus the tickets. None of my friends believed it, but Disney was actually a cheap (and very nice) vacation this way (with little need or incentive to spend any additional money, except for gratuities at the table service restaurants).

I still think free QSDP at a value resort is a very good deal -- but mostly for Disney newbies. Those of us who have visited many times have "done" the parks; the opportunity to eat for free at some great restaurants was what kept us coming back year after year. (Newbies will be happy exploring the parks, and will find the free QSDP more than adequate.) I'm sure we'd EVENTUALLY return under the new rules, but there's just no reason to rush back. Upgrading to a moderate resort would almost double our room tab, which might still be a good deal, isn't a COMPELLING deal if you've already done the free DDP several times at the much lower price. I'm sure many other value bouncebackers will feel the same way, and Disney will lose some of our business, but I'm not sure it's business they really want to have.

What are the new rules you are referring to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter