Current AK rope drop

TammyC

DIS Veteran
I think July was a test month for internal rope drop at AK. Anyone know the current status?

Thanks,
T

Yes, they are doing a modified rope drop prior to the Tree of Life. Guests are held behind a rope at that point, then when the park opens CMs holding the rope lead the guests into the park toward Expedition Everest. Breakfast guests can bypass the rope through an opening on the left. No official word yet on whether this rope procedure will continue.

I'm trying to go straight to Kilimanjaro Safari from Rope Drop. Will I still be held back with the others, too? I assume people going to Expedition Everest will be taking a different route.

I have an early entry ADR, and we always go straight to Kilimanjaro Safari from Tusker House...hope we can still do this

I'm trying to go straight to Kilimanjaro Safari from Rope Drop. Will I still be held back with the others, too? I assume people going to Expedition Everest will be taking a different route.
Visited AK yesterday. Most of it was exactly how Josh described it on his site (except that they now take Everest riders through Asia instead of Dinoland). At 8:30 they opened the tapstiles and sent us into the Oasis. On the far side of the oasis they had a nice rope decorated with leaves to hold us. As the crowd built, they would move it forward a bit. The said to get on he right side for EE, Dino and Kali, left side for Safari. They continued to move us up, then around 8:45, CM's started walking guests to the attraction of their choice. We arrived at EE around 8:55. A few people went through Dinoland and arrived after the beginning of our pack. Not much pushing or running but some people definitely made their way closer to the front. There was a separate tapstile entrance on the left for those with breakfast reservations.

T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter