Curious - why so little buzz for 2015?

Add us to the ones that are just not excited about 2015. I still have a dummy booking that was booked before the policy change so I think I have until the November of 2015 to use it. But unless they bring a ship back to the west coast, we may just cancel it.

DCL doesn't seem interested in trying to attract people on the west coast with school-age kids, I guess. No ships anywhere close to us and now the policy change to where I can't use on-board booking discounts during holidays and most of summer (the only time we can cruise).

So for our family, DCL had become much less appealing. If we can find a cruise that works later in 2015, I would love to take advantage. But we have also accepted the fact that it may be time to try out some other cruise lines that work better for us. At least we still have cruises coming up this year to look forward to :)

NO LA! Yep yep yep!

I was THRILLED to get my honey to let us book this May 14 Magic but I REALLY want to get on the Fantasy. I was hoping we would have good incentive to rebook while on board, but the 2015 rates are a bit steep! So at this point, I'm seriously considered getting up my Visa points for the rest of 2014/2015 and seeing if a spectacular *GT opens up and just going for it after that time. (I'm in an election year now!!! There is no way after my May trip that I would have a prayer of getting off before then, BUT maybe after if a great deal comes up. Otherwise, I doubt I will book ahead for 2015 unless a wheel of a deal comes up while we are on board...

Well at least we now know for sure that the Fantasy will be docking in Tortola. Actually based upon the agreement with he BVI a DCL ship will be docking there on a regular basis for the next 15 years

With the prices, we, too, have not been as pleased for 2015. We will see what comes out with the next release of dates but are not hesitant to cruise other lines like we have been doing the past 13+ years. (Hesitant to say that on this board when we have seen others flamed for admitting something like that). When comparing one cruise to another with similar itinerary, port intensive, and you can save 65%, it pretty much makes our decision. In 2013 we cruised 34 nights... between DCL, Princess and NCL... not to mention land vacations several times during the year. For a family of 4, cutting costs on one cruise by several thousands of dollars enables us to take additional cruises. In fact, the Med cruise we saved a lot of money on enabled us to take better shore excursions (pricey in the Med) as well as two 4-night cruises later in the year and still come out under budget by not doing Disney for the Med portion. For a family with a budget and a taste in travel, the dollar figure is definitely taken into consideration. The DCL prices in 2015 currently have us not booking DCL for 2015 :(

We are booked on the Dream for a 4 night in early April. I hve yet to find a thread for this cruise. I do not want to start one because I am not 100% sure we are going.

With the prices, we, too, have not been as pleased for 2015. We will see what comes out with the next release of dates but are not hesitant to cruise other lines like we have been doing the past 13+ years. (Hesitant to say that on this board when we have seen others flamed for admitting something like that). When comparing one cruise to another with similar itinerary, port intensive, and you can save 65%, it pretty much makes our decision. In 2013 we cruised 34 nights... between DCL, Princess and NCL... not to mention land vacations several times during the year. For a family of 4, cutting costs on one cruise by several thousands of dollars enables us to take additional cruises. In fact, the Med cruise we saved a lot of money on enabled us to take better shore excursions (pricey in the Med) as well as two 4-night cruises later in the year and still come out under budget by not doing Disney for the Med portion. For a family with a budget and a taste in travel, the dollar figure is definitely taken into consideration. The DCL prices in 2015 currently have us not booking DCL for 2015 :(

Totally understand we took several cruises between the 2 Disney cruises that we have taken and have had great times and spent way less.

I am booked April 18, 2015. Seven Day Eastern on the Fantasy and waiting for a thread.

We are booked on this one as well. There is a thread started but it's so buried I can't find it. I think there were only 2 of us on there. I figured it would pick back up again when the rest of the year is released maybe, or as the cruise gets closer. I can't wait for this cruise!!! it seems so far away....

We are booked on this one as well. There is a thread started but it's so buried I can't find it. I think there were only 2 of us on there. I figured it would pick back up again when the rest of the year is released maybe, or as the cruise gets closer. I can't wait for this cruise!!! it seems so far away....

If you use the " search" you will find it, either if you posted on it, search by your name on these board or thread title.

Add us to the ones that are just not excited about 2015. I still have a dummy booking that was booked before the policy change so I think I have until the November of 2015 to use it. But unless they bring a ship back to the west coast, we may just cancel it.

DCL doesn't seem interested in trying to attract people on the west coast with school-age kids, I guess. No ships anywhere close to us and now the policy change to where I can't use on-board booking discounts during holidays and most of summer (the only time we can cruise).

So for our family, DCL had become much less appealing. If we can find a cruise that works later in 2015, I would love to take advantage. But we have also accepted the fact that it may be time to try out some other cruise lines that work better for us. At least we still have cruises coming up this year to look forward to :)

I know what you mean DS is stationed on the west coast and I checked to see what was available for this year. The only round trip cruise was a 2 day cruise to nowhere and all the inside rooms were gone.

Hopefully when they announce Alaska 2015 they will have more. I would love to do the west coast cruise they had a few years ago.

We are booked on the Fantasy for a March 28th Eastern Carribbean and we are beyond excited!! After many trips to WDW, we are finally taking the plunge. Cruising really is a costly little hobby, huh? I sure hope we love it. Just getting acclimated to the Cruise boards, but I will be looking out for a sticky!

Most of us are waiting for the summer itinerary to be released. So many people on the boards keep complaining how DCL has jacked the prices up so much so I did some research. I did a 7 night Caribbean for April 2015 on the Fantasy versus a RCCL ship, (sorry can't remember which one but it wasn't Oasis or Allure). For a verandah for a family of 4 DCL was $5500 and RCCL was $4100. By the time you add on the soda package for 4 it's even less expensive to do DCL. So I really don't understand what all the buzz is about DCL getting so expensive. This isn't meant to start the traditional war of DCL vs RCCL that turns up on these boards, I'm just trying to figure out why everyone keeps posting about how expensive DCL is.

How much do you think a soda package costs? $1400??? It is $6.50 per day for adults and $4.50 a day for kids if you need unlimited soda...

We have cruised the past 8 years every year with Disney, but we likely won't in 2015. Their pricing has just gotten out of hand. We live in the Midwest and prefer to cruise in February to get OUT of the now and ice and break up the long winter, but if you have to cruise in Feb, there are only 2 itineraries Disney offers, Eastern and Western Caribbean. We've done them multiple times each and are tired of the same ports. We want to do the Southern Caribbean but they only have that cruise on a couple of dates and it's during hurricane season so we won't do that. We are looking seriously at Celebrity now for their Southern route in Feb, and it's like 50% the cost of the Fantasy. When we first started doing 7 day cruises with Disney, the total cost for an inside cabin for the 2 of us was $1600. We love the Fantasy but sorry, it's just not worth $2400+ for 7 days!

We are too! If this happens, we will be doing somersaults all over this forum.

Consider me the newest member of the DCL ship out of New Orleans port club. I would be following your somersaults with back flips!

We are booked for January 9, 2015 on the Wonder. We are DCL newbies but I picked the cheapest cruise they had offered.

Hi all,
I'm wondering why there has been such muted enthusiasm among people who booked for 2015. Is it possible that few people have booked?
When we booked our March 2013 Fantasy cruise the meet thread was alive with activity. Now I've noticed that IrishCowboy doesn't have 2015 listed, and I've done a quick scan and see few threads started for those cruises.
What's your theory? Have higher prices actually reduced bookings? Is it just too early?
We did end up booking, although we felt priced out of the Fantasy sadly. Still, the price of our cruise for our stateroom level hasn't changed a penny since opening day. So certainly no buzz there.
Your thoughts?

I understand what you mean Papertraveller, we did have an active meet thread for our March 2013 cruise. I too have occasionally checked to see if the meet threads for 2015 were up yet, but no. The stateroom we chose hasn't changed in price either. We booked spring break again (March 8, 2015), how about you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter