• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious - Tropical Storm/Hurricane Question

I don't know what your itinerary was, but what you ended up with sounds lovely. :)

I forget what DCL ship we were on at the time, but we were in Nassau back in like 2000ish and at the time, Princesses new ship was tied up next to us. We were on the water shuttle to Paradise Island and there were a few Princess passengers on the shuttle. They were excited that the ship was making up the cruise as they went along, since there was a hurricane that had diverted them from their original itin.

Back from our awesome cruise! The weather was absolutely fantastic! The seas were very calm and no one got seasick! No sign of any storms in Nassau or Castaway Cay. It was hot - the uv's very high, and we went through a lot of sunblock. Super satisfied and the kids can't wait to go back on the Mickey boat.

This is why I'm not booking any excursions except thru Disney (when the time comes next year to book) or where I know cancellations can be refunded on personally booked excursions on my Sept 2016 cruise.

Yes we are seeing the signs, the rain in Australia, the warm seas off West coast USA and Mexico in the Pacific, I think there will be a run of hurricanes in 2016, like 2005.

We were on the Dream during Hurricane Sandy. We got an email the day before saying we would not be going to Castaway Cay due to the forecast. We were hoping to at least make Nassau and actually made it almost to the dock but it was damaged and they denied us. We ended up on a 3 night cruise to nowhere. Like someone said, they try to make the best of it and add lots of activities etc. Not sure on the insurance thing but Disney did give us compensation off a future cruise because seas were so bad coming back into PC. I rolled out of bed that night and then about 5 minutes later Captain got on the speaker after midnight and confined everyone to their cabins for safety reasons. I would say if you are fairly certain you will miss all ports and still have the option to only lose part of your money, it may be something to consider. We still had a good time, but in hindsight I might have done things different if we had insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter