Curious about my year of a million dreams fastpasses

IluvKingLouis

DIS Veteran
Please don't flame me. I've been reading about the ebay person and I agree that their activity is questionable. But it brings me to this curiosity....

When we vacationed in Jan. at WDW the 3 of us recieved an A Year of a Million Dreams fastpass which is good just for that day (we were in MK). However we were on our way out of the park for an Ohana breakfast and planned to return prior to catching the Disney Magic Express to the airport. Our breakfast went much longer then expected and we heard the crowd level at MK was insane so we skipped going back.

I know alot of people collect all types of Disney stuff, and this is a somewhat unique item. I'm happy to sell it and make a collector happy, and recieve a few $'s for our next Disney trip. (maybe it can buy us a few additional character meals).

I'm not a collector at all. I usually buy myself one tee-shirt per trip and often it's from a clearance rack.

Would it be wrong to try to sell these if I make it perfectly clear that they are not good for fast passes but may be nice for a collector as they are limited in production and most folks (I imagine) are using theirs so there may not be that many that are completely intact?

I'm not trying to mislead anyone. I know that folks collect all sorts of stuff, especially if it's a limited item. Myself, I'd rather treat my family to more character meals and maybe an extra day.

TIA for your thoughts on this touchy subject.

You should be fine - as long as you don't represent it as a way for others to 'cut' to the front of the line (and it doesn't seem you will). That's the main issue with the other person, they are cheating the system.

I say go ahead, its your stuff to do with as you please. If you state in the auction that they are not valid then only a fool would try to use them (and im sure they will) but they are marked I think so they wont be able to. Im sure they'll sell nice since they are unused and lots of people who collect would prob like to have one. Sell them individually i think.

they are yours - do with them whatever you want. As long as you are clear in the auction that they are expired and not valid for use in the park, you are doing nothing wrong.

If the buyers try to actually use them, that isn't your fault or your problem.

I think they could be a "collectible" to Disney lovers. I think it is okay.

We have them from MGM November 26, 2006 but I am keeping them. :goodvibes

We have an extra pair of YOAMD pin lanyards from our last trip. We were pulled aside at IASW. There was an elderly couple who were pulled aside and given them, as well. They handed us theirs as they had no interest in them. They are still new in the bags, but I haven't considered selling them. I may reconsider in order to finance the next trip! ;)

Thanks for the input. I think I'm only going to sell them if it would bing in enough $ for an extra vacation day. I'll keep watching Ebay to get an idea of what they might be worth.

We have an extra pair of YOAMD pin lanyards from our last trip. We were pulled aside at IASW. There was an elderly couple who were pulled aside and given them, as well. They handed us theirs as they had no interest in them. They are still new in the bags, but I haven't considered selling them. I may reconsider in order to finance the next trip! ;)

DH and DS got the lanyards. DH is keeping his "mint" but DS is going to wear his. We also got Dream Passes at MGM but didn't need the FPs from them as it wasn't busy that day (in January). We kept them as souvenirs but I hadn't thought about selling them - I don't care anything about keeping them. Although they might become worth something - for us, it was the whole experience of getting tapped on the shoulder :)

OP - I think you should be fine selling them as long as you make it very clear that it's just for memorabilia purposes. If you decide to ebay them, let us know how it turns out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter