Curious about Connections

lacy1101

DIS Veteran
My family are going to the World 09/29-10/05 and I am considering joining Connections for the 30-day trial period in order to purchase our 6 day PHP passes. I'm curious about a couple of things: How long has Connections been around; and how soon after you join do you order your passes - right away? Any problems with ordering and receiving the passes before the 30-day trial period expires? Thanks for your help!

lacy1101

I joined for the trial period. I didn't order park passes, but meal vouchers. As soon as you join, you get a membership number. Immediately after getting the number, I logged on & ordered some Q&C vouchers & breakfast vouchers on-line. I received them about 3 days later, then cancelled my membership.

I know people have reported problems, just keep a record of who you talk to & when & if you do get double charged, you can make sure it's corrected.

Hope this helps a little.

Colette

I've also not ordered passes but I did order vouchures they all came UPS 2nd day air.

Someone else had warned earlier to use only a credit card when ordering from Connections. Some people have had problems with double billing. My order was fine, only billed once.

I did have some problems with the expiration dates, but we were going the end of may and they expired the end of may. I didn't want to take any chances but the new expiration dates weren't out yet. It all worked out ok.

So, are you saying you can pay your $1, get the 30 day trial membership and the benefits of ordering the offers in this 30 day period without ever paying the $80 (or whatever it actually is) fee then cancel. Or, do you have to pay the $80 membership and then go through the hassle of cancelling and watching your credit card for the credit etc... If you cancel during the 30 day trial will those meal vouchers still be valid when you try to use them in ?? months or do you have to provide proof of Connections membership when you use the vouchers? Hope these questions are clear. I feel like I'm saying everything twice. Also what other benefits does Connections have? Any other travel options? I tried to access their website but could not get in very far. I did not want to register right away. I wanted to browse over things but could not get any details. Anybody have a solution to this? Thanks so much - the info everybody inputs here is invaluable from the budget board to the resort board to the family board etc... I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site!:Pinkbounc

They initially charge $1, then the entire fee at the end of the trial period.

We ordered a couple of meal vouchers, and received them very quickly.

As for other benefits, it looks like it is worth keeping for us. You can essentially purchase $25 gift cards for $20. They have these for lots of places, including barnes and nobel (which is what our medical and law school bookstores are...so we will actually save a bit on text books.) Some of the restraunts are Red Lobster, Outback, Olive Garden, and Applebees. Some of the stores are Toys R Us, Kay Bee toys, and Sam Goody. There are more, but I don't have all the info with me right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter