Cupcakes

wak648

I'm the forgotten 8th dwarf Gimpy
does any one know where the tastiest cupcakes are?

Haven't been but did some research a bit ago as I am stalking the cupcakes on this upcoming trip....

Starring Rolls in DHS has some good ones I hear, as well as the Contempo Cafe in CR.

Starring rolls peanut butter is very good. The bake show at Animal Kingdom has some intersting looking ones that I hope to try next time.

There is a brand new cupcake shop in Downtown Disney in the building formerly housing the Mcdonalds. I have heard they are REALLY good.

Drew

Starring Rolls(DHS)-Red Velvet and Reeses are great.

Contempo Cafe(CR) had a wonderful Dulce de Leche one at xmas time..amazing!

They are all huge and DH couldn't finish his for dessert.

They are also great snack credit use on DDP (easily split between 2 folks)

Connears

Starring Rolls cupcakes are really good - they are huge with so much topping! :) I wasn't too keen on the Babycakes NYC ones in DTD - I didn't really like the frosting. I had the vanilla cupcake, so would be keen to try other ones. :)

i love the rich devil's food cake one at the Polynesian resort at Captain Cooks. It's so devine. -and not sickening sweet. it has mickey sprinkles too!

Animal Kingdom - There's a coffee shop in Africa (can't think of name). They have a really good chocolate cupcake/vanilla icing w/coconut shavings, with a white choc. elephant on top. It's big enough to share. YUM! :thumbsup2

I'm always posting my cupcake photos.

Last year, this kind of cupcake was at Sussigkeiten in Germany, Main Street Confectionery in the Magic Kingdom, Seashore Sweets on the Boardwalk, and Goofy's Candy Company. Frankly, they didn't taste as good as they looked.
SussigkeitenGermany.jpg

Here are the ones at the Boardwalk Bakery:
BoardwalkBakery1.jpg

I didn't have my camera with me at Starring Rolls at DHS. (My room wasn't ready yet, and I accidentally left my camera in my suitcase at Bell Services.) I tried the Butterfinger Cupcake, and I didn't like it. The topping was so hard, I couldn’t cut it with a knife. The cake part was a dark chocolate, and I didn't care for it. There was a marshmallow filling inside.

I hear they have some cupcakes at Animal Kingdom, but I didn't see any. I'll have to look harder next time.

I love the mod. food court cupcakes. Plain vanilla or chocolate. The icing is sweet, but I love them!:lovestruc

My favorites are usually at Starring Rolls at DHS. But in November I had a cupcake from the carmel shop in Germany which was very good as well.

:worship: Chocolate Peanut butter cupcake @ Starring Rolls
:worship: Chocolate chocolate Chip Muffin @ Main St. Bakery,better than a cupcake.

We had some awesome cupcakes at the Boardwalk Bakery. They were enormous! DS was 3 years old at the time we had these and he could hardly get it in his mouth because it was so big.

You can stop looking! The best cupcake is the vanilla cupcake at Roaring Fork in WL. You will see other cupcakes that look the same at other resorts but there is no comparison. I had one 3 days in a row (on a 3 day trip) last August.

I like my cupcakes to be vanilla and cloyingly sweet, so my favorite is the vanilla-caramel cupcake from Karamell-Küche. I'm not sure I can recommend that sincerely, though. My taste in cupcakes (or mountains of frosting, really) rarely aligns with the tastes of others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter