• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cupcakes coming back to Downtown Disney

mef78

How many days?
Just read about this and thought it was great news -- Cupcake Store to Open in Downtown Disney. I didn't get over to Disneyland to try these last winter, but I figure cupcakes are always good, right? :woohoo:

Checked out the flavors on the website and those lemon ones look awesome. Hoping for a DL trip this Fall or Winter to try them.

oh yummy love we love cupcakes; but DD said way to much frosting is there such a thing as too much frosting.:rotfl2:

Oh darn, not until September and I'm going next week. :sad2:

Oh well, guess now I have my reason to schedule another trip next year. As if I really needed another reason. LOL :rotfl:

Cupcakes are a hot item these days so I think it makes lots of sense! Marceline's Confectionery in DTD has been selling cupcake samplers (like a pack of 6 or something), so I hope they continue to do that and don't stop selling cupcakes just because the Cupcake Store is opening.

I think this store will be extremely popular, and have long lines!

Cupcakes are a hot item these days so I think it makes lots of sense! Marceline's Confectionery in DTD has been selling cupcake samplers (like a pack of 6 or something), so I hope they continue to do that and don't stop selling cupcakes just because the Cupcake Store is opening.

I think this store will be extremely popular, and have long lines!

Agreed on all counts! I think there will be some serious lines at the store, but I've been hearing that pricing is pretty outrageous for those particular cupcakes. Maybe that will keep people from lining up too quickly (more for us!).

And to the OP who asked if there's such a thing as too much frosting, my answer would be NO, NO, and NO! :laughing:

Yeah! What is up with that? Cupcakes are REALLY hot now (even the TV shows DC Cupcake, Cake Boss are cashing in AND they have a new cupcake show coming out) they are SO expensive.
I was at Starbucks or Coffee Bean I don't remember which coffeehouse it was. Anyways, I was at one the other day and saw a medium size cupcake easy, easy frosting was $2.75!! It wasen't even HALF the size as these ones are! These are monsterous! I expect these cupcakes with as big as they are and as much frosting and sprinkles as they have on them to be a good $6-8? You think? :confused3
Just curious how much do you think people are WILLING to pay for one of these?

Yes, cupcakes do seem to be a hot item right now but interestingly I was just reading an article the other day about food trends that are on their way out and cupcakes were at the top of the list. At least that's what the people who are in charge of predicting food trends say. :rotfl2: Those cupcakes look really yummy though. Mmmmm.....

We loved :lovestruc these cupcakes when they first appeared near the ESPN Zone many months ago, and were sad to see them go. Back then, the owner told us they were hoping to relocate to a more permanent location at DTD, but they had been gone so long, we thought it was not going to happen.

We tried nearly every flavor and man, were they good! Each of us had our favorite, but the red velvet, coconut, and vanilla bean cupcakes all stood out. I think the price was about $5, which we didn't think was too bad, given their generous portion size.

Anyway, I may feel a cupcake Culinary Quest blog coming on this fall. :rolleyes1 Mmmmmm...

I think cup cakes will stay popular for as long as "cup cake wars" is on Food Network.I watched the new episode last night ;)

I think cupcakes will always be a hot item with me!:rotfl2: I guess have had some cupcakes that technically could be considered as having "too much" frosting/icing. And as I was eating them I was even thinking, "Wow - this is a lot of icing!" But I think I would have been disappointed if there had been very little icing. Somehow, I'd rather have too much than too little!! The problem I encounter is that sometimes the 'artists' will pile too much frosting on top of a relatively small cupcake. If it's a large cupcake it can handle a lot of icing, but if you get something that is kind of on the small side then the massive swirls of frosting overwhelm it and nearly tip it over!!:rotfl2:

Yeah, I don't know who decides what foods are "in" and which ones are "out". :rotfl2: But cupcakes sound good to me! And you know, I forgot to look for the cupcake sampler at Marceline's when I was there a few weeks ago. I was too busy looking for things with dark chocolate. And I must say there seems to be a lack of dark chocolate items at DLR. Oooh...... dark chocolate cupcake. That's what I'll be waiting for.

Yum! I so hope this is open when we get there. DD LOVES cupcakes. I bake specialized cakes and such for birthdays, weddings, etc. and DD always requests cupcakes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter