Cupcake crawl

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
DD and I are going to do a cupcake crawl at Disney World in March.

To further complicate things, we are going to see if we can achieve it on the same day as our '4 parks in a day' attempt.

Here is our planned route/itinerary for the 4 parks in a day:

Bus to Magic Kingdom (from BWV)
Walk (or monorail) to Contemporary
Bus to Animal Kingdom
Bus to Epcot
Boat to Hollywood Studios
Walk (or boat) back to Boardwalk

So, based on this, can you give us some recommendations for cupcakes we should try along the way.

And, just for kicks, let's have your recommendations for your favourite cupcakes (regardless of where they can be found). Who knows, we might be able to take a small detour throughout the day ;)

The speciality cupcakes I have seen have been at AK and DHS. DHS has the peanut butter cupcake as well as the Butterfinger cupcake that are amazing. At AK they have a cupcake with a white chocolate elephant on top that looks great but I have not eaten it.

At DHS the cupcakes are available until sold out at Starring Rolls (which closes at 4-5pm all year). So the problem I see is that you may not be able to arrive in time to even get a cupcake at DHS. I would suggest planning on going there after AK and have it in your plans to arrive no later than 3 otherwise you will likely be out of having a cupcake there.

Since you're walking back to the Boardwalk, the Boardwalk Bakery has a strawberry cupcake that I fell in love with. :lovestruc

At DHS the cupcakes are available until sold out at Starring Rolls (which closes at 4-5pm all year). So the problem I see is that you may not be able to arrive in time to even get a cupcake at DHS.

Darn, that never even occurred to me. OK, maybe I will see if we can switch it around. Is there anywhere else to get a cupcake at DHS other than Starring Rolls?

Darn, that never even occurred to me. OK, maybe I will see if we can switch it around. Is there anywhere else to get a cupcake at DHS other than Starring Rolls?

The cappuccino cupcake at Pizza Planet is really good. It was very moist and not overly sweet.

DD and I are going to do a cupcake crawl at Disney World in March.

To further complicate things, we are going to see if we can achieve it on the same day as our '4 parks in a day' attempt.

Here is our planned route/itinerary for the 4 parks in a day:

Bus to Magic Kingdom (from BWV)
Walk (or monorail) to Contemporary
Bus to Animal Kingdom
Bus to Epcot
Boat to Hollywood Studios
Walk (or boat) back to Boardwalk

So, based on this, can you give us some recommendations for cupcakes we should try along the way.

And, just for kicks, let's have your recommendations for your favourite cupcakes (regardless of where they can be found). Who knows, we might be able to take a small detour throughout the day ;)

I'm not a huge cupcake lover so I don't have any recommendations, but DisneyFoodBlog.com has a few cupcake crawls on its site. That might be a good starting point. :goodvibes

Just wanted to mention that you don't have to go to the CR anymore for DHS and DAK buses.:)

The new bus loop at Magic Kingdom now has DAK and DHS buses.:)

DHS-Red Velvet Cupcake @ Starring Rolls!

Just wanted to mention that you don't have to go to the CR anymore for DHS and DAK buses.:)

The new bus loop at Magic Kingdom now has DAK and DHS buses.:)

That's great news, thanks :thumbsup2

DHS-Red Velvet Cupcake @ Starring Rolls!

One of our favourites. I figure we might actually try something different on the cupcake crawl (although no doubt we'll be getting that another day).

DD and I are going to do a cupcake crawl at Disney World in March. To further complicate things, we are going to see if we can achieve it on the same day as our '4 parks in a day' attempt. Here is our planned route/itinerary for the 4 parks in a day: Bus to Magic Kingdom (from BWV) Walk (or monorail) to Contemporary Bus to Animal Kingdom Bus to Epcot Boat to Hollywood Studios Walk (or boat) back to Boardwalk So, based on this, can you give us some recommendations for cupcakes we should try along the way. And, just for kicks, let's have your recommendations for your favourite cupcakes (regardless of where they can be found). Who knows, we might be able to take a small detour throughout the day ;)

We are going to WDW in March also!

I am a cupcake fan as well and got several on our last trip in August 2012.

We got the chocolate peanut butter cupcake at DHS Starring Rolls and it is excellent!

There is an Oreo cupcake at Boardwalk Bakery that is quite good.

Main Street Bakery used to have cupcakes but not sure since they switched to Starbucks. I can't remember what flavor we got but it wasn't as good as the others.

I saw on DisneyFoodBlog that Contempo Cafe has different flavors often.

Pop Century used to have the King cupcake also, not sure if it is still there.

Will you be trying the cupcakes at Be Our Guest also? I am looking forward to those!

I took pictures of all our cupcakes but don't have access to them right now.

We are going to WDW in March also!

I am a cupcake fan as well and got several on our last trip in August 2012.

We got the chocolate peanut butter cupcake at DHS Starring Rolls and it is excellent!

There is an Oreo cupcake at Boardwalk Bakery that is quite good.

Main Street Bakery used to have cupcakes but not sure since they switched to Starbucks. I can't remember what flavor we got but it wasn't as good as the others.

I saw on DisneyFoodBlog that Contempo Cafe has different flavors often.

Pop Century used to have the King cupcake also, not sure if it is still there.

Will you be trying the cupcakes at Be Our Guest also? I am looking forward to those!

I took pictures of all our cupcakes but don't have access to them right now.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. We have an ADR at Be Our Guest a few nights later so hoping to try the cupcakes there then.

First I want to say - cool idea!:thumbsup2 Second, DD17 has to get that elephant cupcake at AK on EVERY trip! She loves it - it's the highlight of the park for her! DD12 loves the PB cupcake at Starring Rolls. I'm pretty sure Starbucks had some cupcakes - we didn't get any there though. DD12 also loved the strawberry AND oreo cupcakes at BW. Pop also has an oreo cupcake. Good luck!

If you are planning to go to Starring Rolls cafe it closes at 3. Cupcakes at Be Are Guest not very good.... Starbucks was just starbucks treats so go to your local starbucks nothing to write home about!!!! We are here now hopefully can ge a good cupcake tomorrow!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter