Cultural Exchange Program questions

wendyt_ca

DIS Veteran
I am not sure what I am going to be doing yet but I have been thinking about going back to school. I haven't decided what yet as I am going to spend a couple of years saving up first. I am 32 so a little late but I would really like to be able to do something I love and further my education. This has gotten me thinking about the cultural summer exchange program Disney offers (I would never be able to be away from home for a year for the one you dont need to be in school for).
So I am curious of the guidelines for this. Do you need to be taking a certain course and does it have to be a university course? I am considering going to university as an option. But I'm also considering taking a 1 year travel and tourism course instead. It says you must have completed a term and be enrolled in a course for the fall. However it also states it can be within 6 months of graduating. So would I be able to apply if I completed a 1 year college course instead of university? Or does it have to be a university course?

I am not sure what I am going to be doing yet but I have been thinking about going back to school. I haven't decided what yet as I am going to spend a couple of years saving up first. I am 32 so a little late but I would really like to be able to do something I love and further my education. This has gotten me thinking about the cultural summer exchange program Disney offers (I would never be able to be away from home for a year for the one you dont need to be in school for).
So I am curious of the guidelines for this. Do you need to be taking a certain course and does it have to be a university course? I am considering going to university as an option. But I'm also considering taking a 1 year travel and tourism course instead. It says you must have completed a term and be enrolled in a course for the fall. However it also states it can be within 6 months of graduating. So would I be able to apply if I completed a 1 year college course instead of university? Or does it have to be a university course?

You might find some info. on the College Board Forum ...

You need to have gone thru your first year at a University or college in Canada that Disney recognizes and returning to school in the fall. You can also apply for the summer directly after you graduate. It doesn't matter what course. Applications open at the end of August and close in October for the next summer. My daughter's application is in for summer 2017 and fingers crossed she gets an offer.

Try Yummy Jobs- they have some amazing opportunities, and the Epcot 1 year exchange is offered by them (at least it was a couple of years ago when my daughter got selected)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter