• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Csr

gilclan

Earning My Ears
Haven't made much noise here even though I've been a mamber for awhile. Lately, I've been hearing some things about CSR and they have not been too good. I would like to hear from some of the nice peoples here who have stayed there as to how was their stay? We have been to WDW 16 times and have never had a bad time but, from what I've been hearing it's making me nervous. :confused: Any help would be very helpful. Thanks :thumbsup2

Haven't made much noise here even though I've been a mamber for awhile. Lately, I've been hearing some things about CSR and they have not been too good. I would like to hear from some of the nice peoples here who have stayed there as to how was their stay? We have been to WDW 16 times and have never had a bad time but, from what I've been hearing it's making me nervous. :confused: Any help would be very helpful. Thanks :thumbsup2

You are going to hear the bad and good about every disney resort. Some people love various resorts while hate the others. For my upcoming trip my hubby and I will be enjoying our first stay at CSR and I can't wait. You should check out the CSR thread and many of Buzz's posts- you will find the positive thoughts that you are looking for.

Definitely read Buzz's thoughts and recommendations. I stayed there in May 2006 and absolutely loved it. I was impressed with the transportation. They were timely and I didn't have any problems. The room was large and clean and well maintained. The faucet and countertop was separate from the toilet and shower/tub. This was great for us so two persons could get ready at the same time.

Peppermarket had its ups and downs but for the most part it served its purpose - breakfast in the AM when we didn't eat at the park and lunch/dinner if we didn't have ADRs.

Two thumbs up for me and definitely a hotel I would visit again and recommend to others.

We stayed there Aug 2006 and loved it. Nice rooms, kids loved the pool, and the Pepper Market has great food. The bus service was very good. I would go back.

Just returned from a split stay at CSR then POFQ. We had stayed at CSR a few years ago so it wasn't our first time. We had a very good time and I have no negatives to say about it. Pepper Market is unique among the moderates food courts. Some like it and some don't. They will automatically add 10% service fee since they seat you and bring you your drinks. I think there is more variety and better quality but prices are higher. You can't beat it for counter service if you are on the dining plan. We ate on the dining plan once at Maya Grill. The food was good, service was OK.

We checked in at around 1:00 PM. We had requested the Cabana's but the CM was going to put us in the Ranchero's because there were rooms ready there. It was close to a bus stop but farthest away from the main building. He could put us in the Cabana's but we would have to wait. That was no problem and we sat by the pool and had something to eat and drink and in a little more than an hour we got into our room. It was close enough to the main building and #1 bus stop. Bus transportation was fine although we weren't using it during the peak times.

The room was as we expected from a moderate resort. Mousekeeping was good and the room always cleaned well (no bedbugs). We did not get poor service anywhere.

By the way we also had a good stay at POFQ for the second half of our vacation.

I was at CSR in May/June of this year and loved it.

Now mind you, I never ate at Pepper Market, I kept meaning to but other things and choices would get in the way.

Other than that, I thought the resort was beautiful, the pool was awesome.. all in all, I had no complaints whatsoever.

Knox

Have stayed at CSR many times and have never had a bad stay. The resort is beautiful, rooms comfortable, love the Pepper Market and the CMs were all wonderful. I love it, another person may not. It's all a matter of personal taste. Where ever you stay have a great trip.

We enjoyed our stay in Jan, It was wonderful. I cant think of a bad thing to write about!

Hmm, well I must've missed some of the negative ones as it seems every time I click a CSR thread it's positive, or at least, not really any negatives..

Lately, I've been hearing some things about CSR and they have not been too good...

We just loved our stay at CSR this past June. Can you be more specific about what you have heard that "has not been too good?" :confused3

Ok for those who need to know what I've heard, on another web page:rolleyes1 Someone had taken pic's of the bed they had in the first room they were givin. It looked like someone had an accident and didn't make it to the bathroom in time, the bed cover, blanket, sheets, looked horrible. It was a wonder they didn't lose their lunch after getting in there. But after a talk with the front desk they were moved. Another time someone had a difficult time getting a few CM's to actually help them with their luggage. Maybe they were the rare thing, but I don't know. But in all the times we've been there 16 at this point, we have never had a bad time at any resort, and I'm not looking for anything to happen. 15 days and counting :banana:

Of course I can only speak of our experience at CSR yet I must say, it was wonderful! Not only did the manager and other CMs go out of their way to give us our requested room, the room itself was clean & fresh-the sheets looked & felt brand new. The CMs throughout our stay went above & beyond the "call of duty." If I was not determined to stay at (almost) every Disney resort, I would return to CSR in a heartbeat. :upsidedow

You will find good and bad reviews on each resort. You can also encounter bad mousekeeping at ANY resort, not just CSR. It is a lovely resort that happens to be my fave, I love the theming and the rooms.

We stayed at CSR in Aug and had wonderful experience.. Not only was everyone helpful, but on our last day- we needed ride with luggage to front of resort. We were in Ranchos- and normally didnt have any problems getting around. We did NOT call for luggage- BF thought with so many shuttles around it would be no problem :) well they were all full.. BUT... 2 sweet young girls on the garden crew took us to the front no problem.. We gave them $$ for their lunch that day.. they were both interning with Disney on college summer break.. and they helped us alot.

Its a great resort and we will definately be back!:thumbsup2 :cheer2:

Thankyou all. I guess I was being paranoid. First time there and all, don't know what to expect. But at this point I don't think anything will bother me........ I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!:banana: :cool1: :dance3:

Well . . . we were there last Sept and had some "issues" that would probably make an ordinary person never go back. But . . . we're headed back to CSR this Dec because:

1) Great bus service;
2) Beautiful resort;
3) Food choices at Pepper Market (lots of variety);
4) Pool and playground area.

Despite our last trip, I like CSR better than WL, POR and POFQ--nothing wrong with the other resorts but CSR is just different.

Everyone has different experiences. Give it a shot!

Ok for those who need to know what I've heard, on another web page:rolleyes1 Someone had taken pic's of the bed they had in the first room they were givin. It looked like someone had an accident and didn't make it to the bathroom in time, the bed cover, blanket, sheets, looked horrible. It was a wonder they didn't lose their lunch after getting in there. But after a talk with the front desk they were moved. Another time someone had a difficult time getting a few CM's to actually help them with their luggage. Maybe they were the rare thing, but I don't know. But in all the times we've been there 16 at this point, we have never had a bad time at any resort, and I'm not looking for anything to happen. 15 days and counting :banana:

Maybe the pictures were taken after check-in? Mousekeeping at CSR is great. I can't understand how that could have happened.

We also love CSR! We're heading back in December for our 3rd stay at this resort. It is our favorite mod.:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter