• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Csr

DisneyMagic73

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me some feedback on the CSR.......did you like it? What buildings are the best? Did you like PepperMarket? How was your stay? Thanks!! :rolleyes1

DisneyMagic73 said:
Can anyone give me some feedback on the CSR.......did you like it? What buildings are the best? Did you like PepperMarket? How was your stay? Thanks!! :rolleyes1
Visit my website below for all the CSR info you'll need.

Here are some good choices

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool and is also a smoking optional building.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

The Pepper Market is the best food court at WDW.
Few Items from the lunch menu

vshmyr.jpg

vshnc7.jpg

vshox1.jpg

More pics...
vwpnrc.jpg

Choose a steak
vwpiwx.jpg

Infamous Wet Burrito
vwpkrn.jpg

Italian Dishes
vwpox1.jpg

MUGS
vspg8z.jpg

Holy Moley!! Check out that MUG!! LOL :rotfl2: We really loved that Pepper Market. It was the one place where there was really something for everyone that wasn't just burgers, and chicken fingers. And I really liked chefs here- they were very friendly and generous with the portions!!

We just got back from CSR (4/14-4/23) and loved it. Use the site that Buzz created and you will find all the info you need. We stayed at Casita 4 and thought it was a great spot. A 5-8 min stroll to el centro and just a skip across the parking lot to the bus stop. We asked our travel agent to request a building close to the dig site and she must have told them away from the dig site because it was a hike to get there. (lucky for us my DD12 preferred the satellite pool which was right in the courtyard.)

Now for the Pepper Market (I'm sorry Buzz) we hated it!!!!!! Your local high school will have better! We did go twice because we thought the first time was a mistake but....it wasn't. I have to say the breakfast was great. We also ate at the Mayan Grill and loved it!

If you want to know anything else just ask.

I fell in love with this resort and didn't think I would. I stayed in Ranchos 8b and was very close to the main pool area and a quiet pool as well. The resort is large with 3 distinct sections (check out Buzz's site as he did a great job) which makes for a beautiful walk around the lake whether during the day or at night if you feel like walking. I didn't have a problem with the Pepper Market and found the food was good when I ate there (portions were very large). I don't know if I when I stayed there 1 1/2 years ago if they had just changed out the mattresses but I had the best sleep on the bed in our Ranchos room. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this resort for future stays.

We just got back from a great stay at CSR (April 14-21). It was great - i can't see myself staying anywhere else! We got so lucky and stayed in Cabanas 8b - close to a quiet pool, bus stop right behind us, hop, skip and jump to the Dig Site and a nice stroll to El Centro. We loved the Pepper market! it was perfect for traveling with a large group with different tastes and picky eaters! Fransisco's had great Margaritas - frozen or on the rocks ;) - at night, ask for a drink to go and sit on the patio outside the bar - great view of the lake and the buldings lit up. The Maya Grill also has a great breakfast buffet (yummy pastrys and breakfast burrito) and a great dinner menu! Also, try to make time to have amssage at the spa - it is so worth it! Have a great stay!

We stayed at CSR for the 1st time April 14th to the 22nd and loved it.
We have stayed at POR, POFQ and the CBR -- I have to say CSR is the best of the moderates. Being a convention hotel it has a little more to offer.

The Pepper Mkt is by far the best moderate food court offerings. Meals are made to order and the selections are great. Not just your chix fingers and burgers. The portions are huge -- so don't be afraid to split.

There is a snack bar at the Dig Site pool and a bar. Offers your usual burgers, wraps, nachos -- and it was reasonably priced.

Francisco's opens at 4PM and offers chips and salsa with your drinks. Great 'Ritas!! There is a small appetiser menu.

We didn't do Maya -- our TS meals were at Epcot or other resorts.

mmmk said:
Now for the Pepper Market (I'm sorry Buzz) we hated it!!!!!! Your local high school will have better! We did go twice because we thought the first time was a mistake but....it wasn't. I have to say the breakfast was great. We also ate at the Mayan Grill and loved it!

If you want to know anything else just ask.

I am planning on staying at CSR for my 2007 trip and I just wondered why you hated the Pepper Market? :confused3 I have heard so many good things about it I wanted to know what to expect good or bad.

TIA,

Loralie

angelsmom920 said:
Also, try to make time to have a mssage at the spa - it is so worth it! Have a great stay!

Anybody have the prices at the spa? I would love a massage. :goodvibes

Loralie

:confused3

Does CSR allow a family of 5? I really like the looks of this resort but alas, we have 3 children....

I am wanting to do this by reservation for 5 because everything will be connected with our reservation. So, no hiding a kid for us.

Thanks for all your help!

loralie said:
Anybody have the prices at the spa? I would love a massage. :goodvibes

Loralie
All health clubs and spas (and salons) at WDW are run by Nikki Bryan Spas. www.relaxedyet.com

You'll get the same service at any of them for the same price--and the technicions and therapists often move around between them.

Nikki Bryan uses Jurlique products.

Casa De Belleza Salon offers the following services: hair styling, permanents, colorings, foiling, make-up, nail services, facials, manicures, pedicures, facials, massage services and waxing from 9:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m.

Prices starting at:
Haircut - $45.00
Haircut, 12 & under - $22.00
Bang Trim - $15.00
Bang Trim, 12 & under - $10.00
Haircut (men) - $30.00
Shampoo - $13.00
Shampoo, Blow Dry - $45.00
Shampoo, Set - $45.00
Shampoo, Cut & Dry - $65.00
Shampoo, Braid & Dry - $35.00
Comb Out - $20.00
French Twist / Up Dos - $45.00
Perm - $80.00
Dry Braid - $25.00
Straighten Hair / 15 minutes - $16.00
Deep Condition - $15.00
Color - $70.00
Highlights (per 5 foils) - $25.00
Foil - $120.00
Manicure - $30.00
Manicure w/Paraffin - $42.00
Paraffin Treatment - $20.00
French Manicure - $37.00
Hot Oil Manicure - $37.00
Polish Change - $20.00
Buff 'n' Polish - $25.00
Nail Repair (per nail) - $12.00
Full Set Acrylic - $80.00
Acrylic Fill - $50.00
Pedicure - $50.00
1/2 Hour Facial - $50.00
1 Hour Facial - $80.00

Massage Services
Our commitment to body, mind and spiritual wellbeing is embodied in each of our massage therapies. A customized experience will elevate your spirit, relax your body and invigorate your mind.

Swedish Massage
Enjoy a relaxation massage oftraditional long strokes and kneading techniques. This therapy increases circulation, soothes tired muscles and relaxes the body.
(25,50 & 75 minutes) $55, $80 & $130

Sports Massage
Your therapist will utilize their experience in different techniques to relax you and relieve the symptoms of built up tension in the muscle tissue. Using Deep Heat oil to penetrate the muscle allows a greater level of relaxation. This is a moderate to firm massage.
(25,50 & 75 minutes) $70, $95 & $145

Aromatherapy Massage
You and your therapist create a customized Swedish massage with the added benefits ofpure aromatic, herbal essential oils. Facilitates relaxation and soothes muscles strained from ovenvork.
(25,50 & 75 minutes) $70, $95 & $145

Skin Care

European Aromatherapy Facial
Let exotic aromas relax your mind, while herbal ingredients cleanse and nourish your skin. Experience a deep-cleansing and relaxing mini-vacation for your skin. This facial is customized for all skin types.
(25 & 50 minutes) $ 60, $90

Gentlemen's Facial
A deep-cleansing and purifying facial designed especially for men. Great for skin irritated by shaving and exposure to the weather. A hydrating treatment that leaves your skin smooth and refreshed.
(50 minutes) $90

My First Facial
A mini facial especially designed for our young guests, 10-14 years of age, to introduce the basics of good skincare. A fun and educational primer for a lifetime of healthy skin.
(25 minutes) $60

Body Treatments

Experience "the ultimate" therapy! Designed to restore harmony, while achieving maximum benefit for your entire body.

Cooling Comfort Wrap
Restore and relieve your entire body with this therapeutic treatment. Lavender essential oil and calendula are used to treat body & soul!
(50 minutes) $120

Journey Rejuvenation Wrap
This treatment is especially designed to alleviate unnatural stress on the body and psyche due to prolonged travel. Using a bounty of essential oils and nourishing clay, this treatment helps you feel relaxed, hydrated and rejuvenated.
(50 minutes) $120

Aromatherapy Massage and Body Wrap
Experience the calming and therapeutic effects of our signature treatment. A custom aromatherapy massage is followed by warm compresses and heat as you are lightly wrapped to encourage the bio-absorption ofnurturing essential oils. A luxurious scalp massage is the final touch as your body and psyche experience a state of total relaxation.
(110 minutes) $175

In-room service
Additional $20.00
Please allow 24 hours notice

We also offer tanning for those days that the sun just does not want to cooperate with your vacation plans.
15 minutes - $8.00

We cannot guarantee requests for male or female therapists, however we will make every attempt to honor your preference.

Upon entering your treatment room, the therapist will leave the room so you may undress. Undergarments are not necessary, and please keep in mind our therapists are trained to warmly drape you with a sheet at all times.

Casa de Belleza Salon, Coronado Springs
9am - 6pm
Phone - 407 939-3965

txmomof3 said:
:confused3

Does CSR allow a family of 5? I really like the looks of this resort but alas, we have 3 children....

I am wanting to do this by reservation for 5 because everything will be connected with our reservation. So, no hiding a kid for us.

Thanks for all your help!
5 is not allowed but I'm not sure if you can if one of the kids is under 2 or 3.

We love CSR and are headed back in August for our 3rd stay. We love Pepper Market, the pool and slide, landscaping, theming, bus service, the fountains, well I guess everything!!! :love:

Loralie---this is kind of long! The food at the Pepper Market did not taste bad it just really didn't have a taste. It kind of makes me feel weird because everyone else seems to like it, but oh well to each his own. By the way I would definitely stay at CSR again.

I went to the Pepper Market with high expectations because of all the reviews I read on the boards. I love Mexican food so I got a chicken dish there (can't remember what it was called). The chicken was nice and flavorful but the rest of the meal actually had no taste. I even looked for hot sauce to at least give it some taste. My DD12 got a cheese pizza. There was tons, and I mean tons of cheese on it. The crust had some kind of flour or cornmeal stuff all over it, which we think was from when they rolled it out. DD12 left most of it. My Dh had some kind of beef from the grill and said it was fair with little taste. So not that bad right?

We thought maybe it was that we expected to much so we went back. I had the wet burrito I heard alot about. I had chicken in mine and again the chicken by itself was flavorful but they stuffed it so full with black beans that I could taste nothing else. The sauce they put on top was not a taco sauce but a tomato sauce that tasted like tin which kind of ruined the whole thing. My DD12 got a chefs salad with very nice greens and cheese but the meat was really nasty looking. My DH had Burbon Chicken which he said tasted good but he would not go out of his way to have it again.

Thanks Buzz for the spa prices...I will try to fit a massage into the budget for our 2007 trip. :banana:

mmmk - Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sorry the Pepper Market was not that great for you. I hate when high expectations ruin what would have most likely been a good time without hearing all the hype. I guess I will have to try it out for myself and try not to expect much more than a food court. :goodvibes

Have a good night,

Loralie

CSR and Disney have so many great things going for them that our "bland" experience was no big thing. Remember -- one man's dream is another's nightmare

You should try the Peppper Market so that you can have that experience and you just might be pleasently surprised! Have fun!

We had a wonderful experience at CSR in 12/05. Nicest moderate we have stayed at (We stayed at all except CBR). Real good bus service.....does not share buses with other resorts.
Pepper Market is quick and inexpensive(by WDW standards) and the food is good, you get plenty of it and there are many different choices, to keep everyone happy.
We stayed in the Casitas section but when we stay there again we will ask for the Cabanas. The Cabanas have 2 story buildings and it is a nice tranquil, quiet area, centered between the pool and El Centro. Don't stay at the Ranchos...its too far from El Centro and the desert theming is awful.

we stayed there a few months ago..
Loved the theming, dig sight slide, pool bar had snacks burgers and fries ! so we did not have to go all the way in to food court for lunch...
I had a massage there it was by far one of the most relaxing massages!! i had the 80 minute last appontment of the night and it was heaven.
We drove so we had not issues with transportation, but pepper market was not fo us, hated waiting in line for everything it tok me 5 minutes in line with my son then another 6 for me so by the time i sat down boys were finished and ready to go... Plus my son has a peanut allergy and we had a problem being in the market proper it casued a big reaction both times..
We choose the ranchos and loved evything about them strolling though at night was beutiful we were very close to dig sight ans we had a corner parking lot room so we were close to car and transpertation.... we are planning atrip in the summer just for the heck of it.... Our kids loved teh pool area so I am thinking sun and a book while they play... (they are 6 & 8 and avid swimmers(we have a pool at home) so the slide keeps them busy all day!

I liked the idea of Pepper Market but everything I ordered from there was just ok.
I agree with other poster who said the food was bland. :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter