• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR worth $300 over Pop?

I agree with the many others so far. We stayed at CSR last April during the so called "crowded" Easter break. It wasn't so at the CSR. We always found chairs at the pool. Always were seated right away at the Pepper Market QS (which was great because it felt sort of like a sit down meal restaurant with much more variety than the other QS restaurants throughout Disney. Never had to stand on the bus rides to and from the parks. (However, we did notice the wayyyy larger lines waiting for buses back to the value resorts which my DH commented "Glad we didn't book a value". The newly renovated rooms with queen beds were the kicker for us. We absolutely loved our room and had plenty of space for our family of 4 for 8 nights. I would book the CSR in a heartbeat if I were you. Take a look at all the pictures you can find about the CSR -- the grounds are really beautiful. Enjoy!

We like POP, but we would definitely pick CSR over it. Queen beds, bigger rooms with the privacy doors, the Dig Site pool is awesome, quiet pools are very nice too. Grounds are gorgeous. Best bus service on property IMO, especially at park closing time.
I'm not gonna lie and tell you that CSR is small, but it's really not much bigger than POP and unless you want to eat at Pepper Market,or shop at your resort, there is really no reason to go to El Centro once you've checked in.
We always ask to be in the Ranchos which is the furthest area from the main building (personal preference) and even then, the walk is maybe 8-10mns at a leisury pace. If you don't feel like walking, just go on any bus except the DTD one and it'll take you to El Centro.

I havent stayed at pop but have stayed at ASmusic and I would pick that over CSR, I didn't like it there, so spread out, had the refillale mugs what a joke, could walk there to fill them drove over, I wouldnt take that resort for the same price, just my opinion, you may like it :santa:

Yes! Honestly anything is better than the values (for us anyways)

Yes, it would be worth the $300 to me to switch. We've stayed at CSR 3 times and always had a good experience there. Love the new queen beds and just like how the resort "feels" - more relaxing and more space. My kids and I stayed at Pop in May and I laid there the first night listening to people playing Twister underneath our room at 11:00 and wished we were at CSR where it's quiet. Pop seemed so loud to me - the food court was a zoo and outside it just seemed loud everywhere all the time. I didn't like having to queue up for the buses outside without shade and the bus-stops at the parks were always the very last one in the row. At CSR, even though there are 4 stops, they go quickly and they are covered, and the park stops are often some of the first ones in the line.

While we certainly had fun at Pop and I'm glad we tried it, I'm not in a rush to go back. Our next trip is booked for CSR.

we are in the same boat we usually stay at a Value resort and are very content with it. Yes the other ones are very appealing but I can't justify spending the extra money, I prefer to have it to spend on souvenir or a nice dinner :goodvibes

That is my opinion

Definitely would spend the extra. CSR has queen beds, better pool and play areas, better food and food options, and better transportation. Also bigger rooms with fridge.

I also don't feel the resort is too large or spread out. POR and CBR seem more spread out to me. And I love POR also!

Slam dunk for me and my family.

Another vote for CSR. Queen sized beds! My son loved the pool area, slide, volleyball court, ping pong table. I enjoyed the snack bar right next to the pool and the loaded nachos! It was easy to refill the mugs at the snack bar as well. In the afternoons they had games and a dj at pool side. The walking isn't that bad and it didn't seem crowded at all even with conventions going on during the day.

Absolutely. At CSR you get queen beds, and a much nicer room. Personally, I dislike all of the values. The theming is beyond tacky. (Giant bowling pins?) Come on!

I was always a moderate girl...until I had kids. Now, the values are more fun, more our speed (2 crazy boys....). We stayed at CBR last trip - our fave resort overall - and I was sad at how much money I was wasting being there. We could have had just as much fun...for a lot less money...back at Pop.

I have stayed at CSR and it is really spread out. More so (to me) than CBR. The walk to the bus stop was A LOT further for us than at any resort we have stayed at. I would like to try it again....when my kids are a little older and we get more down time. But for now...with young kids...values is where it's at for us! it is very pretty...and the new rooms look nice, too.

But no, at this point, not worth $300 more..

We book a value resort for "arrival" night and then switch to DVC for the rest of the week. I'm usually more than ready to switch to the better accommodations after one night, but on our last trip we hated to leave POP! It was so much fun and my DD who was four at the time loved it.

End of the same trip, we moved to CSR for the last night (my DH likes to figure out how to "add" nights to either end of our trips, drives me nuts) and I really did not like it. The atmosphere didn't give me the "Disney" vibe at all. Could be because we'd been there for a week and I had packed up and was ready to go home, or because it reminded me of a bad business trip in Arizona. Either way, we'll definitely stay at POP again, but not CSR.

I wouldn't, I would put the money toward something else on the trip :). If you'll just be in the room to nap or sleep, then stick with Pop. If you'll be spending more time at the resort though, the choice is ultimately up to you.

I struggled with the same question. I had initially planned to stay at Pop but when I got a PIN code I decided to book up to CSR because we'll be going when it is hot and the pool is important to us. In addition, the noise factor sold me on the moderate. We are go to bed early and go to rope drop girls! It won't be the beach club, but we are looking forward to it. (Our last trip was planned to be at CSR and I got a PIN and upgraded to BC - I guess Disney has got my number huh?)

I struggled with the same question. I had initially planned to stay at Pop but when I got a PIN code I decided to book up to CSR because we'll be going when it is hot and the pool is important to us. In addition, the noise factor sold me on the moderate. We are go to bed early and go to rope drop girls! It won't be the beach club, but we are looking forward to it. (Our last trip was planned to be at CSR and I got a PIN and upgraded to BC - I guess Disney has got my number huh?)

with the pin was the difference over 100$?

I did it:banana:! I switched to CSR. I know we would be perfectly happy at POP , but I ultimately decided to switch just to try something different. We will be there in Feb and my youngest DS turns 3 in April. So this is the last time we will fit as a "disney family of 4". I'm sure in the future we will do the 2 rooms at POP thing so I figured lets try it:confused3. Thanks for all the input...you guys rock:thumbsup2.

I did it:banana:! I switched to CSR. I know we would be perfectly happy at POP , but I ultimately decided to switch just to try something different. We will be there in Feb and my youngest DS turns 3 in April. So this is the last time we will fit as a "disney family of 4". I'm sure in the future we will do the 2 rooms at POP thing so I figured lets try it:confused3. Thanks for all the input...you guys rock:thumbsup2.

I don't think you'll regret it. CSR is a WONDERFUL resort. Pretty, the pool is awesome, but best of all, the rooms have queen-sized beds. Buses are good there too.

This is our favorite resort (though we're trying WL on our next trip).

I don't think you'll regret it. CSR is a WONDERFUL resort. Pretty, the pool is awesome, but best of all, the rooms have queen-sized beds. Buses are good there too.

This is our favorite resort (though we're trying WL on our next trip).

Have a good time! We also have a 3rd under 3 so our days at Mods are limited. From here on out, it'll be 2 rooms at Pop or family suites at the new Little Mermaid Resort. As much as I'd like to stay Deluxe, even with a 40% off pin code, it's almost $1000 more than a Mod with free dining.

:woohoo::woohoo::dance3::dance3:

Be sure to come and visit us on the "unofficial FAQ thread" and if you have any questions there are lots of friendly, helpful people there who will be happy to answer. The link for the thread is in my signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter