CSR vs. POR (Specifically CM attitude and Mousekeeping)

LiveToTravelNicely

You said it Doc. Imagination is a blast!
My family is booked for a trip to CSR in September, but I have been reading some nasty reviews recently on trip advisor. I've tried to sort through the "normal" complaints, i.e., huge resort and convention attendees. Specifically, I am concerned about several people reporting that mousekeeping at CSR is lacking. Some of the reviews went so far to say that mousekeeping didn't even show up on some days, and when they called the front desk, a CM came to replenish some things at 11:00p or later at night but that the thorough cleaning never happened. THEN, I look at the POR reviews and it is consistantly getting 4 and 5 stars since the refurb was completed. What are your thoughts on the overall quality of CSR and/or POR? Is CSR really having troubles with its mousekeeping and staff attitudes? I can put up with a "huge" resort, and convention guests, but I expect a pleasant experience from at least a majority of the castmembers at the resort. I really like the theme of CSR (from the pics), and the Casitas/preferred section looks really nice. However, POR is a close second in our book. We just don't want to have a lousy trip---want to experience the magic of it all!! Thanks for your input!

I forgot to say in my OP, although it may be implied i guess, that we are trying to decide whether to switch our ressie to POR. Thanks!

I don't rely a lot of Trip Advisor reviews.

Sometimes I almost get the feeling that some folks deliberately give bad reviews especially for WDW resorts.

I've stayed at CSR and POR both, and have never really had a problem with mousekeeping.

My DW, DD, and myself stayed at CSR in Nov of last year and loved every second of it. We found the place to be very nice and never has any problems with CM. The only problem we had was that we ordered some groceries from a local store to be delivered to the room upon arrival. We arrived very late (around midnight) after a delayed flight from Chicago. When we got to the point of retrieving our groceries from guest services at the hotel first the could not find our order and then secondly after they did find them they realized that the dairy products we ordered (milk and some yogurt for our 20 month old DD) had been left out at room temperature since the food was delivered around 5pm. When we spoke with the front desk CM they were very nice about the situation and let us know that we would get any replacements we wanted the next day.

All in all I loved CSR We were there for 6 nights and never had another problem our whole trip. I will mention that this place is huge. We were situated at the very far end of the resort away from the main lobby. I actually liked it there. It was quite and we had a bus stop not 100ft from our room.

I have also stayed at POR. I stayed there for a couple of nights back in 03 or 04. I cannot really review POR because I honestly don't remember much. It was back at the age when it didn't matter where I stayed just as long is it had a bed and a bathroom (early 20's). I just remember that my wife and I really liked it there and said we would stay there agin if it ever came up

Hope this helps

Thanks everyone, for your excellent feedback! I agree that it seems people are extra harsh on WDW on trip advisor. Last year we stayed at the Poly and really enjoyed it. However, the Poly gets a fairly bad time on trip advisor.

Our favorite mod is CSR easily. POR was our 2nd favorite.

I have not had any issues with Mousekeeping or CM attitude at either resort.

I was nervous about food service at CSR because it is provided by an outside source, but liked both the Pepper Market and Maya Grill. In fact the waiters at maya have been some of the most fun and pleasant in all of WDW.

So glad to hear that you love CSR. We are booked there for a trip next year and really wanted to like this resort.

If I had listened to Trip Advisor, we would have never stayed at the CSR many, many years ago for our first of nine stays. We love everything about it and have never had an issue with mousekeeping or the CM's (a little language barrier once in awhile, but always pleasant and helpful). As far as mousekeeping, every single resort on here will get a bad rap (I read a horrid review of the Beach Club recently). If you have an issue, the best way to deal with it is to go to the front desk and ask to speak to an assistant manager or manager.

We've not been to CSR since 2010 and won't be there for our annual trip in September because of getting great deals on renting DVC points. But I am thrilled that for my husband's surprise 60th birthday trip in December that we are going "home" and can't wait to be back at CSR.

OP -- It's my opinion, as a WDW veteran, that complaints about Mousekeeping come up at every Disney resort. There's no such thing as a certain resort is always dirty, or another resort is always rude. Disney is pretty consistent across all the resorts, and that is impressive, considering the sheer volume of hotel rooms Disney services every single day of the year. The people who complained could have experienced an unfortunately busy convention turnover day, or communication miscues. Who really knows?

Plenty of people love CSR because of the Caribbean resort feel and the super pools. CSR has the fitness center, a real plus. I prefer POR/POFQ for the shade because I lived in SoFla for 25 years and I want to escape the relentless sun at WDW. I would stick with your plans. Let us know how it went.

I think that everything "just depends" - for example, we stayed in a Royal Room at POR in May/June. We left a tip for mousekeeping every day. But after about 5 days, the tip would disappear and no cleaning would happen. We'd actually have to call housekeeping. After two days in a row, we stopped leaving the tip and the cleaning started happening again. Would this make me not go back or not recommend it? NO. I'd go again, and I'd recommend POR. It was one housekeeper - one situation - and not reflective of the whole experience.

We stayed at CSR last summer and had, hands down, the best mousekeeper. Our room was spotless each time we returned from the park and she always left either a towel animal or arranged the kids' toys/stuffed animals/souvenirs in really cute ways. Of course, that was our experience with one mousekeeper at CSR, but she was great. We loved CSR so much we're booked again for 2013. I agree with other posters, Tripadvisor reviews seem totally out of line with reality.

I completely agree! Thank you all for your thoughts and positive input. We are staying at CSR. I'll let you know how it goes! :)

We have stayed at CSR 3 times the only other resort we have stayed at is CR. We love CSR. We have never had a problem with mousekeeping but sometimes we put the do not disturb sign out so they don't have to clean everyday if we don't need it or if kids are sleeping. We always stay at the Casitas and it is really pretty. The resort is large but we always make a full walk around it. We have noticed the pool when we would go wasn't busy at all because most of the people staying there are at conventions during the day. It is a very peaceful place to us. With all that being said we are trying POR next trip! Staying in the new Royal rooms. I tend to stick with reading the reviews on allears.net for them or here on the dis. I think you will have a great stay which ever you choose!!!:thumbsup2

I stayed at CSR and POR and would pick CSR again in a heartbeat! We stayed in Casitas 5 and had great mouse keeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter