CSR vs. POFQ for twin 10 yr olds?

sandymandr

DIS Veteran
We have decided we want to stay moderate this trip. We loved CSR (comfy beds, nice pool area, hot tub, good food options), were not too impressed by CBR (resort too spread out, common areas too crowded). We are thinking about trying one of the POs. 2ad/ twin 10 yr. olds (boy and girl) who LOVE to swim. I have always thought of PO as a more grown up place I guess so am wondering how PO is for kids? They both like the dragon looking slide at FQ, but how does the pool area compare to CSR? Is there a hot tub? Which resort has better transportation? Thanks for your opinions!

We've stayed at POR and POFQ. We liked them both, but loved POFQ because of its compact size. My kids loved the dragon slide and we found the bus service to be great. We did have to stop over at POR a few times when the bus wasn't full, but at peak times, we went straight to the parks. The food court is nice there as well.

I love PQFQ, and my son LOVED the pool there. However, he was 5 at the time of our trip. I think the PQFQ pool is definately geared towards the younger child. The slide is pretty tame.

However, you could always walk over to the POR pool if they are looking for somehing more.

POFQ does have a hot tub but it is on the small side and was crowded every time I walked by so I didn't get a chance to use it.

We have stayed at YC with Storm Along Bay pool for the last few summers. Last summer we had some night at POFQ and I was sort of worried that the pool would be lame since SAB is where we always swim. DD12 said it was fine. Slide is lame but the Riverside section has nice water features, spilling buckets, etc. and she had a great time just swimming. I was pleasantly surprised. We enjoyed our time at POFQ very much!

CSR has the best pool 0f the moderates for kids that age (my kids are 8 and 12 and love the jaguar slide). DD12 ranks the CSR pool only behind Stormalong Bay at BC. I haven't stayed at POFQ, but from the pictures, it does look like the pool and slide are designed with younger kids in mind. Have you considered POR? It is being refurbed with queen beds (not sure when that will be done).

I definitely recommend CSR for 10 year olds, but if you wanted to stay somewhere new, you might look at POR instead of POFQ. You can use the POR pool if you stay at POFQ, but it seems like it wouldn't be that convenient.

My kids say that the slide at POFQ is boring but they like the jaguar slide at CSR. They love the beignets at POFQ though.

CSR has the best pool 0f the moderates for kids that age (my kids are 8 and 12 and love the jaguar slide). DD12 ranks the CSR pool only behind Stormalong Bay at BC. I haven't stayed at POFQ, but from the pictures, it does look like the pool and slide are designed with younger kids in mind. Have you considered POR? It is being refurbed with queen beds (not sure when that will be done).

I definitely recommend CSR for 10 year olds, but if you wanted to stay somewhere new, you might look at POR instead of POFQ. You can use the POR pool if you stay at POFQ, but it seems like it wouldn't be that convenient.

I have to agree with you as far as pool go csr has one ot the best. Pofq got a big thumbs down from my 7 and 9 year old boys. I can only comment on the pools since we only stay mod for one night before moving to deluxe. I can't really comment on bus service or restaurants.

I don't think you can go wrong with either POR. Each one has a fantastic pool!! My 10 year old loved the POR pool and slide.

Have a great trip!!

Stay at POR not POFQ if the pool is very important and your kids are 10. POFQ's pool would honestly be boring for them. If you stay at POR you have the boat to DTD and to POFQ, you can take a day and pool hop, grab a beignet :goodvibes and check out the French Quarter.

Thanks for all the input! But I got SHOCKING news from my sister.......(where is the drum roll smiley??) She is getting a HUGE Christmas bonus and now has 9k to put toward the trip!!:wizard::goodvibes:thumbsup2:cool1: So, we are going to stay at BC fo the first time ever!!! I almost fainted when she told me :eek: I am so excited!!!! :dance3::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter