CSR vs CBR

SherriLynn44

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I'm struggling with this decision. My husband and I are looking to go in early December for my 30th birthday. Which of the two would you recommend and why? Are the CBR rooms all refurbished at this point or only some? Also, will it be warm enough for lounging by the pool at that time? We have only been to Disney once for our honeymoon in June. It was stifling hot and one of the families we met while there suggested early December to be the best time of year as there are no lineups and the weather is comfortable. Thanks for all of your help!

I prefer CSR out of the two, it is more upscale. Not sure if all the CBR room have been upgraded yet, If you don't get an upgraded room it will not have queen bed - you are guaranteed these at CSR. The CSR rooms are not that far removed from the deluxe resorts imo. There will be lines in December although they are shorter after thanksgiving till mid December. To avoid queues the best times as Jan -Feb and September. The weather for December will be a lot cooler than your trip in June. Some people will use the pools ( they are heated) others avid the pools in Dec/Jan/ Feb. The weather in September is really hot with frequent rain storms in the afternoon.

CBR is due to be complete the end of next May, so they should be more than half way complete, but no guarantee you will get a new room.

Swimming is totally do able, we swim every December. Jan/Feb tend to be more iffy if you want to swim or not. Best to pack clothes in layers, just in case.

The CSR pool is one of our favorites, stunning to look at, one of the largest hot tubs on property, counter service and bar right next to pool, adult fun sized slide into pool and never a problem getting lounges, chairs or even an umbrella table.

Heading to CSR on Sunday :goodvibes

Another vote for CSR. MUCH better sit down restaurant, poolside drinks, and a lounge. If you can afford it, I WOULD pay for a preferred room at either resort.

Hi everyone! I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I'm struggling with this decision. My husband and I are looking to go in early December for my 30th birthday. Which of the two would you recommend and why? Are the CBR rooms all refurbished at this point or only some? Also, will it be warm enough for lounging by the pool at that time? We have only been to Disney once for our honeymoon in June. It was stifling hot and one of the families we met while there suggested early December to be the best time of year as there are no lineups and the weather is comfortable. Thanks for all of your help!

We've never stayed at CSR, but we loved everything about CBR. CSR doesn't appeal to us as far as theme/decor, but we loved the grounds and overall atmosphere of CBR and wouldn't hesitate to return.

We prefer CSR over CBR, not that anything is wrong with CBR just CSR is more to our liking. Love the pool area better at CSR also

Having stayed at both, I would return to CBR in a heartbeat. I really enjoyed everything about this resort. CSR is a never again for me. Had a disappointing experience there with everyone from guest services to maintenance.

I can't compare the 2 since I have never stayed at CBR. But, CSR would be a great trip for a couple. It would be very worth it to pay for preferred. This will get you a seat on every bus (as you will be the 1st stop), and you will be close to the main building and all it's amenities. I also think the casitas area (where preferred is) is romantic to stroll through at night with the lighted fountains. It is also close to the waterfront bar which is outside the main building.

The only way I will stay at this resort again (or any moderate) is if I book a preferred room. When we stayed there last year, I requested Cabanas section, and they put us in the farthest part of Ranchos. We didn't take advantage of the amenities at the main building because it took us almost 15 minutes to get there. Our kids were too tired after being at the parks all day. Some on the Dis boards will dispute that the walk can take that long, but I assure you...it did for us. We are a fit family with three kids age 5, 7 and 9 (at the time).

I went throuh this our trip last year! I started by liking the look and feel of CBR but didn't think DH and I would manage in a double bed so then looked at CSR. So after going back and forth etc. I got a room discount pin so when I tried to book CSR there was no rooms....so we stayed at CBR! Now the first time we went to Disney we stayed at POR and it was good but boy did we like CBR. It was so quiet and relaxing. We got up graded to a water view so we opened our doors and walked out to the quiet pool at Jamaica. Had a quick walk over the bridge to the main pool and food/store etc. Had a couple minutes walk to the bus stop! It just couldn't have been better and we all loved it.
Now we are talking about going back in 2016 and the question is do we try CSR (I always want to try a new place in case we don't get back) or do we go back to CBR as we liked it so much...but what if it's not the same the second time around! On the other hand it will have new beds etc. so that's a good thing.
Well any how I think that if you pick CBR you'll like it! But I say have a look at pictures and go to the one that speaks to you the most as more than likely that will be the right choice.

I've stayed at both, and prefer CSR over CBR by a wide margin. From the room decor to the bed size to the resort itself, CSR does feel more upscale. But not snobby. And when it comes to bus service, it isn't even close. CSR is head and shoulders above CBR.

Just had to add my few scents worth:goodvibes I've stayed at CSR once, and my husband and I did not like it at all:worried: We stayed in the preferred casitas, which were beautiful and roomy with a beautiful courtyard fountain, BUT it was still a l o n g walk to the main part. It felt more like a hotel for conventions, which it is to some extent, than a Disney property to us. We did not like the pepper mill food court at all. Confusing, the cm's never did seem to understand how to do the various charges, etc. (they probably do now cause this was several years ago). and the food wasn't that good to us. All of this is our opinion. It just depends on what you like:lovestruc We are going to stay at CBR this November and can't wait! It looks very tropical and laid back, yet still Disney:) So, it boils down to what you want. We LOVE POR which we have stayed at 3 times, but couldn't get it this year with fdp. Good luck on your decision:wizard:

I would stay Coronado Business class if it was available. Very small difference in $$ compared to a preferred room. Includes free continental breakfast and sodas, beer, wine and sangria plus cheese and snacks from 5-10 pm. If the Coronado business class is not available, then I would book CBR. We love both resorts!

I hated CSR and I was super excited to stay there. I just did not like the theme I guess and we tried the food court once and walked out it was such a hot mess.

We are staying at CBR this trip and even though I booked preferred we requested a refurb room over in Jamaica.

No Brainer...CSR, & Honestly I don't think it's even close......

Obviously if you don't like the theme, then you'll never get passed that to enjoy your trip...

But , with all the amenities that you get here, you'll actually think you're almost staying in a deluxe...Figure it as a Deluxe lite.:thumbsup2.

Also there was a PP who stated they had a L O N G walk in preferred section Casitas to the main bldg.... Unless you were in the last bldg. #6 ( which i'm sure is Not Preferred) then maybe your walk was 8 minutes or so.. other than thatBldg 1 or 2 is like 3 or 4 minutes tops.

We have stayed at both this past year and both DH and I thought CSR was nicer. We stayed in a preferred room in CSR and there was still a couple of minute walk to get breakfast (which was sort of a pain when I was carrying food back to our room for the entire family) so this year we are staying BC.

It comes down to personal preference. Some people just dont like the theming at CSR, or the convention hotel environment. Some people PERCEIVE the walk from room to main buildings to be too long for them, whatever the actual footage is. Personally, the landscaping makes me feel hot and cranky just looking at it. But others have a completely opposite feeling for the resort. We're actually staying there (BC) on our next trip because DH insisted:( . Fine- at least I'm getting my trip to WDW.

I really love CBR - the tropical feel with all of the lush foliage and the Island style of the guest buildings is my preference. It relaxes me as soon as I set foot on site. I love the fact that I don't have to walk all the way around the lake- the bridge from Jamaica to OPR really cuts down on the distances.

IF the refurb was complete, I would hands down recommend CBR over CSR. However for now, I will still recommend it but only if you upgrade from a standard room to a king bed.

I am going down in October...is there a certain section closer to the pool with the food/bar. And are there closer locations to the bus stops?

Which of the two would you recommend and why? Are the CBR rooms all refurbished at this point or only some?
I've stayed at and enjoyed them both. IMO ... It pretty much all boils down to theme preference. Would you prefer a Caribbean theme or a Spanish/Southwest themed resort?

I am going down in October...is there a certain section closer to the pool with the food/bar. And are there closer locations to the bus stops?

We stayed at CBR this past May and we loved it! There is a bus stop close to each building and we never seemed to have to wait long for a bus. Most times the bus had just pulled up when we got there or we were running beacause it was already there. It was great! I highly suggest you try to request Jamaica 45 it is a stand room but so close to the bridge to the main building were the pool and food is. It is such a pretty walk and very relaxing. You also need to try there Lava smoothie!!! it is like a pina coloda with strawberry puree. OMG they are the best!!!! To me the pool is one of the best on Disney property. Check out our trip report for pictures. If you are really wanting to be very very close to the main building then you should request martinque. Good luck and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter