CSR vs CBR?

CSR! Great main pool area, terrific transportation, and the food options are awesome!

CSR is newer and has elevators in every building. CBR has no elevators.

CSR surrounds a 15 acre lake while CBR surrounds a 45 acre lake.

Here is a thread from last week of someone asking the same question.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841372

CSR... Great pool & pool bar, smaller resort with a beautiful spa, the best TS Restaurant (Pepper Market) of all the mods, gorgeous grounds and landscaping, centrally located for short bus trips.......:thumbsup2

Hey Melissa in CT! I'm from Bristol. Check out my CSR website for pics and info.

CSR has great transportation, awesome restaurants and one of the best main pool areas.

but I recently returned from an 8 day trip to CSR and absolutely loved it! I've always said that my dream was to stay at all of the resorts, but now I'm tempted to settle down to one!

but I recently returned from an 8 day trip to CSR and absolutely loved it! I've always said that my dream was to stay at all of the resorts, but now I'm tempted to settle down to one!

Welcome to the Club. We settled six times ago and are coming "home" for our seventh. I know Buzz has been there more than that!

We loved CBR for the tropical theme. I liked the colors and the scenery. We had no problems with room, service or busses. We have a 7 yr old DS and we have been doing research but CSR just seems too adult like for our family right now.

We loved CBR for the tropical theme. I liked the colors and the scenery. We had no problems with room, service or busses. We have a 7 yr old DS and we have been doing research but CSR just seems too adult like for our family right now.

Our boys, now 22 and 20, were at the CSR when they were around 9 and 11. They loved it...lots to do with the arcade, playground, pool, etc. You are right though...not as many families with young kids tend to stay at the CSR. But our boys always loved it and it was their favorite.

I agree .... DD and DS were approximately 9 and 10 when we stayed at CSR and loved it. They absolutely loved the pool and walking around the lake even though they'd walked so much during the day at the parks.

Just got back from the CBR (May 28), and had a wonderful time. No there are no elevators...but this is only a 2 story resort. We had a garden view and loved the beach, and tropical themes. The buses, the service and food court were all wonderful. My first trip to Disney as a child we stayed at the Poly... this was the closest I could get my family to that experience. ::yes::

That happened to us, too. I truly wanted to try POR our next trip, but decided to go back to CSR - AGAIN.

I guess if it works, then why mess with a good thing, right?

We like it for the bus service, the pool, Pepper Market, and the overall ambiance of the resort. My DH doesn't like to be immersed in "all Disney, all the time" when we are there, and CSR has just enough without being overkill.

CSR is my pick! I love the landscaping, atmosphere and tropical feel of the resort. I feel like its a vacation within a vacation.

CSR CSR CSR :thumbsup2 No comparison.

We call the theme "SW TROPICAL" and you really have three themes in one, City Casitas, Desert Ranchos, Beachy Cabanas. Walk around and you enjoy the scenery at each....from stopping to sit on a city bench to lounging on a hammock on the beach !

Pool area: largest hot tub, beach volleyball, awesome pool slide, bar/snacks, creative playground, arcade etc all right there overlooking the lake.

Food Court: Upscale from others, more selections, better food, nicer seating area and no the surcharge does not bother me, worth it for the better food court. You have option of take out.

Transportation: no sharing, direct and efficient

Recreation: Big round lake (makes for smaller footprint) providing all the water and wheeled amenities for all

Size: Large number of rooms surround a small round lake = smaller footprint

Extras the other moderates don't have make it the "deluxe of moderates".

Overall it is a beautiful resort, simply stunning at night with the lights on the lake, with lots of fountains and scenery to look at as you walk around. It is the resort my family asks to return to, over the deluxe resorts.

another vote for CSR

Reason? They've been giving above by all the other DISer's.

We love the place.

I've been to both and would never return to CSR. We had a bad experience. Our room was dirty, didn't like the Pepper Market, and also didn't like the convention feel to the hotel/grounds.

CBR is absolutely beautiful and reminds me of what a "tropical getaway" should be.

Have a great trip!

Definitely CSR!! We love it. I like HopperFan's SW tropical description. The atmoshpere is awesome and you won't find a prettier resort at night when it is all lite up.

We've not had any issues with mousekeeping or conventions. It's large enough that they are not in the way and they help keep the buses and pools less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter