CSR tower vs preferred room

The tower rooms are newer with what I would define as a more swanky look and bathroom space. They are fully indoors in case it rains and you need to leave the room. They are housed in the "main" building where the lobby, a cafe, quick service restaurant, Rix Sports Bar, the gym, etc. etc. are located.

A non-tower preferred room would be in one of the motel-style standalone buildings closer to the tower than other rooms. The interiors are also very well done and have a deluxe feel even though it's a moderate hotel and they are cheaper than the tower rooms.

We have stayed both and would rather stay Preferred.

Casitas have undercover walkways to get to El Centro and the tower lobby. I prefer being close to Bus Stop #2. I take a swim many afternoons and I'd rather be very near the quiet pool without having to walk through a lobby and take an elevator on my way to and from. All rooms have the new renovations, so, to me, there isn't a difference in the room quality.

Centralized location, when taking the buses at rope drop the tower is the last stop out before going to the parks. Everything you need is in one building in case of inclement weather. I also vastly prefer having interior hallways to the motel style. The latter is a dealbreaker to me.

I'm staying in the Tower in 2 weeks... first time at CSR. I debated the same two options, but knowing how my wife isn't a fan of the Florida heat and humidity, I opted for the A/C'd walk to the room.

The only real negative of the main tower is that you are a little further walk to the main pool, beyond that, staying at the main tower offers some nice positives over the rest of the resort. The main tower does feel more deluxe than the rest of the resort since all the rooms entries are indoors, however, what I don't love about the tower is no balconies. It's a beautiful new resort building with nice views and you only get windows which is kind of a bummer but not a deal killer for us. And of course, it's usually more money than the other buildings that have exterior corridors and are not in the tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter