CSR review - just back

JohnO said:
Another example of how you can get two different experiences at the same place and time. I always read negative reviews but don't base my decisions on them (usually). It's just like the popularity of FQ and Pop on the boards. I felt Pop was far too busy and chaotic yet people rave about it. I "toured" FQ during our recent stay at POR and was appalled at how filthy the food court was and how gaudy the decor was. Yet people rave about FQ. To each their own.....

im with you about FQ. My son and i both hated the decore at FQ. I thought it was awful. We also took a tour during our stay at POR. He asked me never to book there in the future. We also didnt like the tiny food court. Yet so many ppl rave about the place. to each their own.

As for Pop, we love the place. Lol! :) our fave value so far. Havent tried AoA yet.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

maxiesmom said:
I'm confused. Are the bus stops numbered in a different order than they really pick up? During our stay in March the bus stop by Casitas was always the first stop. The bus stop by the main building was always the last stop. Which stop was the one you had issue with? The one by the main buildings?
They pickup and drop off at bus stop #2 first. Last pickup is stop #1 which is at the main building/el centro. Only once did a driver pickup stop 1 first and follow the order around. Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

So glad you enjoyed CSR....we were there in October of'09 and really enjoyed our stay there, it really is a beautiful resort and we have visited the PM on each trip since. We are contemplating a split stay next year, a deluxe and a moderate and torn between CSR & POR. We've never stayed at POR but have visited their food court...my two teen girls would like to try the new princess rooms but we haven't decided yet...decisions, decisions...

mommyrosa2 said:
So glad you enjoyed CSR....we were there in October of'09 and really enjoyed our stay there, it really is a beautiful resort and we have visited the PM on each trip since. We are contemplating a split stay next year, a deluxe and a moderate and torn between CSR & POR. We've never stayed at POR but have visited their food court...my two teen girls would like to try the new princess rooms but we haven't decided yet...decisions, decisions...

I like to try new things. If you've been to CSR but never at POR, then you should give POR a shot. Its still my fave mod resort. So pretty. Love the amenities. Great food court and pool.....and the boat to DTD! :)

wow your kidding me? we were both there the same time but had different experiences. how bizarre.

I heard bus stop 1 was awful b/c its the last pickup. I did my best to avoid it. sorry you werent so lucky.

we didnt see a single bug the whole time we were there. im perplexed as to why your room had a lot of critters? we had a corner room. pretty bright. not sure if the extra light makes a difference in chasing the creepy crawlies away? i doubt it but its a thought. lol.

The buses were fantastic both to and from the park. id be livid if i waited 2 hrs for a bus! so sorry you experienced such a thing. Thats awful.

:(

our first room was in a weird position - corner of where the buildings intersected. it was very dark there. And we overlooked that little pond that's on your right as you drive into CSR. It was just chock full of critters, though :(

Yeah, #1 was awful. Our first day we went there and waited at least 45 minutes before a bus for our destination even came around...and it was full. People around us were waiting even longer. The busses were filling up before #1 and weren't even stopping there. The poor guy who works there and "monitors" the traffic was getting inundated with complaints! And this was us leaving at 715am or so - well before "the crush" of people at 8 that we experienced later in the week. So we started walking to #2. We then got moved (trust me...I would have MUCH preferred moving to Pop over a jr suite), and the walk was still a bit more than I was thrilled with (we were still closer to #1 over #2 but there was no way in hell I was going to #1).

I am a VERY optimistic person...to a fault. I always make the best of every situation...but this is the 2nd time at CSR and the 2nd time it has been less than good....so we won't be back.

another thing I noticed in opposition to your experience - we had FANTASTIC wi-fi connection in our rooms. At AKL it was bad, but it was great and fast for us at CSR.

My boys loved the slide at CSR way more than AKL, and the dig site never felt too crowded (quiet pool was always far more crowded), and the resort itself is beautiful. We had a view of the fountain from room 2 - the long one between Casitas 1, 2, and 3. That was beautiful.

We figured out that one of the big things we didn't care for was that it didn't have that "Disney" feel to it, the vibe we SO enjoy about Pop. It seemed like a beautiful business resort "near" WDW. Not immersed in it...which is something we really enjoy.

Anyway, I am glad we gave it another try, but it's back to Pop for us :love:

Minnesota! said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto

wow your kidding me? we were both there the same time but had different experiences. how bizarre.

I heard bus stop 1 was awful b/c its the last pickup. I did my best to avoid it. sorry you werent so lucky.

we didnt see a single bug the whole time we were there. im perplexed as to why your room had a lot of critters? we had a corner room. pretty bright. not sure if the extra light makes a difference in chasing the creepy crawlies away? i doubt it but its a thought. lol.

The buses were fantastic both to and from the park. id be livid if i waited 2 hrs for a bus! so sorry you experienced such a thing. Thats awful.

our first room was in a weird position - corner of where the buildings intersected. it was very dark there. And we overlooked that little pond that's on your right as you drive into CSR. It was just chock full of critters, though

Yeah, #1 was awful. Our first day we went there and waited at least 45 minutes before a bus for our destination even came around...and it was full. People around us were waiting even longer. The busses were filling up before #1 and weren't even stopping there. The poor guy who works there and "monitors" the traffic was getting inundated with complaints! And this was us leaving at 715am or so - well before "the crush" of people at 8 that we experienced later in the week. So we started walking to #2. We then got moved (trust me...I would have MUCH preferred moving to Pop over a jr suite), and the walk was still a bit more than I was thrilled with (we were still closer to #1 over #2 but there was no way in hell I was going to #1).

I am a VERY optimistic person...to a fault. I always make the best of every situation...but this is the 2nd time at CSR and the 2nd time it has been less than good....so we won't be back.

another thing I noticed in opposition to your experience - we had FANTASTIC wi-fi connection in our rooms. At AKL it was bad, but it was great and fast for us at CSR.

My boys loved the slide at CSR way more than AKL, and the dig site never felt too crowded (quiet pool was always far more crowded), and the resort itself is beautiful. We had a view of the fountain from room 2 - the long one between Casitas 1, 2, and 3. That was beautiful.

We figured out that one of the big things we didn't care for was that it didn't have that "Disney" feel to it, the vibe we SO enjoy about Pop. It seemed like a beautiful business resort "near" WDW. Not immersed in it...which is something we really enjoy.

Anyway, I am glad we gave it another try, but it's back to Pop for us

My son and i were talking about the same thing! CSR didnt have the disney feel/vibe to it like Pop does. We had much more fun at pop the past few yrs we've been there. We'll probably stick with Pop after giving AoA a try first of course. Kinda dreading the walk from LM to the main building thou! Lol.

I still cant believe how long you waited for the bus. Incredible. At least you can say you gave it a shot. :)

I completely believe Minnesotas experience with the buses. As I reported earlier, we stayed in Casitas so we were bus stop #2 but the first pick up. I know that is confusing. Every bus I took was standing room only after pick up at the rancheros section and there were several times we didn't even go to bus stop #1 or the last pick up because we couldn't hold another person. In this case the driver was calling for more buses.

How strange is it that two families can stay at the same resort and have polar opposite experiences with the bus? Its interesting dont you think? I feel bad for those with bad experiences. Theres nothing more frustrating than waiting for a bus for 30-60 minutes!

Thanks for the review. I personally loved CBR last time I went, but I am now definitely considering CSR for the trip following my upcoming one. I believe if you're going with a bunch of kids, a value may make sense strictly because of the theme-aspect but if you're going with just one other person the value themes aren't as important. You've sold me, I will be checking out that CSR on the following trip.

We just got back...the resort was beautiful and clean. Wifi for us was great. Buses were fine also, no different than All Star Music when we went. Our last trip was a value and I did not think the upgrade was worth the $.

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great trip.

We stayed at CSR twice, the last time being in September 2011. I loved it and would stay there again. Though to be honest, I've enjoyed every WDW resort where we've stayed. I'd stay at any of them again, anytime.

Looking forward to my first stay at the CSR in late January 2013.

We've always stayed at the ASMu.

Thanks to all who posted here...love reading everyone's opinions! :disrocks:

Hi
Thanks for your review!! I've been to CSR twice and really like it there. We had a great experience both times. We had the best bus service there, better than any of the other resorts. I also love POR, but last time we were there, we had some long waits for the bus!!

Just got back today from a 6 night stay at CSR. It was just my son and I. We stayed in Cabanas 8A (thanks to everyone for recommending this location, its amazing!!!!!). Super close to the main pool and bus stop #4. The bus system at CSR was honestly the best i've experienced in disney. I couldnt believe how amazing it was. We waited no more than 5 min for a bus. And would you believe we didnt stand on the bus once? Not once! Both there and back. :eek: Shocking!

The grounds are gorgeous and serene. So beautiful. Loved the hammocks, nice touch. The flowers around the resort is so gorgeous. The rooms itself are very nice and spotless. Mousekeeping was amazing, even thou we didnt get any towel animals, Lol! Wait i lied, we got one.:lmao: But they were great with replenishing the shampoo's towels etc whenever they were used up.

Pepper Market buffet (breakfast) was really good. I cant believe its a QS credit. Really good selection for a QS! Didnt try lunch thou. We did have dinner one time. I had pasta, it was pretty good! For dessert i had cheesecake, yummy! My son had nacho's and inhaled the whole thing, so it must've been good. :rotfl:

The pool is awesome. Love the fact that there's QS food and mug refills at the pool, in addition to the bar. VERY convenient. My son loved the ping pong table and arcade by the pool. The slide is a lot of fun, i think its a tad longer than the one at POR. We didnt use the beach volleyball but it looked like fun. The CM's doing the poolside activities during the day were really good. They had movies at night but we didnt get a chance to watch any. Honestly my first impression of the pool wasnt positive thou. I wasnt wow'd by the appearance. The pool seemed bigger in pictures. I honestly think i prefer the pool at POR for some reason. I find it nicer with all the water falling from above, even thou it is a smaller pool than CSR (but not by much i think).

CSR is a beautiful resort with a great bus system, better than any other resort i've seen to be honest. As i said, we didnt wait longer than 5 min for any bus. I heard one guest say one time they waited an hour for a MK bus, but something did happen. Theyre just not sure what.

My one and only complaint is regarding their wifi. They have the WORST wifi connection EVER, it was the worst i've ever experience in all my years on this gorgeous planet of ours. It was beyond frustrating. I relied on wifi so my son can keep in touch with his dad (phone charges from canada are atrocious believe it or not). Another disser i met up with at the resort had stayed at casitas and said the wifi was great. So maybe it was just the cabanas 8a section? :confused3 I dunno. I know it wasnt my phone cause we had several devices which didnt work. You'd think a convention resort would have better wifi. sheesh! It did frustrated the ____ out of me.:furious: You have no idea. For my entire stay, 6 nights, i think i had a connection only 3-4 times, TOPS....and it was brief, maybe 5 minutes. Then i'd be disconnected. Thats absolutely disgraceful. Having said that, I cant say i'd never stay here again because of the terrible wifi, but its just something i wanted to mention. ;)

Other than that, its a great resort. Gorgeous, convenient. Very friendly staff. We loved it!

Prior to our stay at CSR, we did a 2 night room-only at Movies. We loved this resort as well believe it or not. A lot of fun. Better arcade which my son thinks is very important LOL! :rotfl: After weighing out the pro's and con's from value to mod, and after looking at our experiences with movies and CSR (and previous year with POR & POP), I honestly cant say that my experience at disney was enhanced by the beauty of a mod level resort. The wifi was better at Movies, CSR was atrocious....re: theme, we liked the theme at both (despite the obvious differences). Both resorts have a fridge. My son used the pool waterslide at CSR only twice, he just doesnt care for them. I only used the hot tub once. CSR is nice, but im not sure i'd go out of my way to book a mod in the future. POR is my true love to be honest, the boat to DTD is awesome, and i find the grounds prettier. And even thou the pepper market buffet is a great value, overall i prefer POR food court.

For our next trip I have to think about long and hard if the appearance of the resort is worth the extra $$$. Essentially, thats all it is for us since we dont really benefit from all the extra's that mods offer. The only mod that would sway me would be POR because of the boat to DTD (love it). It helps that the grounds are gorgeous, and the pool & food court are great as well.

Im all over the place arent I? Lol.

We have stayed at all levels. Just got back today and booked bounceback for pop for 14 nights. After staying at pop I no longer really see the value in mods for us. I know the values aren't for everyone but they work for us.

We have stayed at all levels. Just got back today and booked bounceback for pop for 14 nights. After staying at pop I no longer really see the value in mods for us. I know the values aren't for everyone but they work for us.
Im in the exact same boat. I dont see the value in the mods either. We dont use the hot tub or pool slide. Values now provide fridges and wifi. Queen beds makes no difference for us since its just my son and i anyway. so im pretty sure we'll be going with values from now on. I'd rather save the $$ for other stuff. As you said, its not for everyone but it works for us. :thumbsup2

Hi
Thanks for your review!! I've been to CSR twice and really like it there. We had a great experience both times. We had the best bus service there, better than any of the other resorts. I also love POR, but last time we were there, we had some long waits for the bus!!
My stay at POR last year was short, so i cant comment much on the buses but I have to say CSR was the best ive ever experienced. If only all resorts were that way!

GoofyinToronto, I am from Canada also - BC - and the first thing I buy when I get to POR is a $10 phone card. My two sons got me onto them when they travelled in Australia. The last two visits have just been my DD and myself so she called her Dad a lot also and she had about $4 left at the end of our visit - and she likes to chat on the phone LOL!

I had booked CSR for two sisters and I in Nov but ended up switching back to POR. I am familiar with it as our family of 5 stayed at POR three times. It was a hard decision - go with what I know or try something new. The buffet is actually what turned me off as one sister has severe allergies and I was worried about cross-contamination. I think both resorts are probably beautiful.:goodvibes

deanie said:
GoofyinToronto, I am from Canada also - BC - and the first thing I buy when I get to POR is a $10 phone card. My two sons got me onto them when they travelled in Australia. The last two visits have just been my DD and myself so she called her Dad a lot also and she had about $4 left at the end of our visit - and she likes to chat on the phone LOL!

I had booked CSR for two sisters and I in Nov but ended up switching back to POR. I am familiar with it as our family of 5 stayed at POR three times. It was a hard decision - go with what I know or try something new. The buffet is actually what turned me off as one sister has severe allergies and I was worried about cross-contamination. I think both resorts are probably beautiful.

Thanks for the phone tip but thats exactly what i did this trip! Got a $5 phone card (called cici). Would you believe we were there for 9 days and we still had $4.35 left? And he called everyday! Love that phone card.

POR is a good choice. I just looooove that resort. So pretty. :)

deanie said:
I had booked CSR for two sisters and I in Nov but ended up switching back to POR. I am familiar with it as our family of 5 stayed at POR three times. It was a hard decision - go with what I know or try something new. The buffet is actually what turned me off as one sister has severe allergies and I was worried about cross-contamination. I think both resorts are probably beautiful.:goodvibes

I know what you mean by staying with what you know. We've found though that it brings another level of excitement to try a new resort. So much to see and discover at all the resorts. Look at it this way, you know you like POR, if you try some others, you may find that you enjoy others just as much or more.

Thank you for the review! 13 days until our CSR trip, though we've stayed there before so I pretty much know what to expect. I'm worried about the hit or miss wi-fi issues at the resort. My dh isn't traveling with us, and we'd love to send him some photos so he can 'see' the kids during our trip plus shoot off a few emails to him. Hopefully, we'll get a room with a strong signal.

I like CSR, POR, and POFQ. CSR has the nicest pool slide, more poolside food options, refillable mugs at the pool, and a large hot tub. It's my dd's favorite pool. My favorite pool is POR. That's because there is a lot more shade there (I spend a good chunk of my pool time reading in the shade) and shade is hard to find at the Dig Site. I also like the deck area of Muddy Rivers.

I've been reading mixed reviews about bus service and mousekeeping, but that is hit or miss regardless of where you stay.

Thanks again for the review!

Thank you for the review! 13 days until our CSR trip, though we've stayed there before so I pretty much know what to expect. I'm worried about the hit or miss wi-fi issues at the resort. My dh isn't traveling with us, and we'd love to send him some photos so he can 'see' the kids during our trip plus shoot off a few emails to him. Hopefully, we'll get a room with a strong signal.

I like CSR, POR, and POFQ. CSR has the nicest pool slide, more poolside food options, refillable mugs at the pool, and a large hot tub. It's my dd's favorite pool. My favorite pool is POR. That's because there is a lot more shade there (I spend a good chunk of my pool time reading in the shade) and shade is hard to find at the Dig Site. I also like the deck area of Muddy Rivers.

I've been reading mixed reviews about bus service and mousekeeping, but that is hit or miss regardless of where you stay.

Thanks again for the review!

I couldnt send a single email that contained a picture file. The wifi was HORRENDOUS in my section (cabana 8a). I waited til i was in MK or epcot to send the email. Much better wifi there. Good luck to you!

I do admit that CSR pool is incredibly convenient with the QS food and refillable mugs, plus the arcade. I found it really convenient because i didnt really need to go to the main building unless the QS at the pool was closed and i needed to refill my mug or get some food/snacks.

Its a lovely resort. have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter