• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR report---just back

As someone who finds earwigs revolting let me reassure you that lovebugs are nothing like them. You will mostly see them flying. If they are on the ground they are more than likely deceased. They aren't creepy crawly like earwigs. Two days ago we had tons of them, today, they are gone. Season is coming to an end.

I'm just back from 6 nights at CSR and also had a great time, again. The bugs were bad, but we stayed one night at POP and seen the same thing there. The chips and salsa are free at Francisco's, and if your there, Jaime is a great bartender. He remembered us from two years ago. :thumbsup2
Image00002.jpg

OOOO I am jealous! No towel animals for me!! LOL....I figured the chips and salsa were free....by the price of the drinks I knew we didn't pay for them...but we did ask for them as we saw others eating them at tables the day prior...
The salsa is really fresh and yummy :)

I may have seen you "around" the resort! Me and DH were alone, no kids...I usually had a hat on and a few times we were "napping" on the hammocks ;)

It is a relaxing resort to come back to after the parks. The prices of drinks shocked us too, but then we remembered were at Disney :lmao:

Thanks for the report - we're going 11/18 for 8 nights. Haven't been to CSR in awhile...since 1998. Your report got me very excited as did Buzz's pics of the yummy food offerings at the PM. We're on the dining plan for the first time so I think this will be a good thing for us. I love Southwestern inspired food anyway.

those love bugs look HORRENDUS! Good Grief. I'm not sure I could stand that. They are there in June as well, but I've never seen or heard of anything such as what I've been reading lately. I'm glad those little suckers will be gone by the time we go.

Glad you were able to "get use to them" and move on with your magical stay.

Thanks again!

PamNC

Have a great time Pam! Buzz also turned me onto CSR after I read so many negatives on other boards and a few on these boards also.
The things people didn't like about CSR I noticed also, but the pluses FAR surpassed those teeny little details. I did notice people weren't as friendly there as some of the other resorts (meaning CM's such as houskeeping, check-in, shuttle drivers) but all in all since I had no issues that needed addressing I didn't even care. I think those things would be a problem anywhere you go, just depends on those individual people.

So I only have...........11.5 months left till I am BACK @ CSR!!!!!

My husband had a conference at CSR recently and so I got to go along. I was kind of neutral about going, since it wasn't really a vacation (I visited the parks alone while he was in meetings) and CSR isn't the resort I would normally choose first. But, hey, it was Disney, and I wasn't going to turn the trip down!

I loved CSR! It is a great resort. We were in building 5, which was far away from almost everything, but so what!? (Of course, we didn't have small children to wrangle.) At Disney you expect to walk, and it's good exercise along serene, beautifully landscaped paths. I thought the bus service was much better than at CBR or POR.

I ate at Pepper Market a couple of times, but tried to avoid it when I could, since I wasn't on any dining plan and the prices were higher than other comparable counter service places. But if I'd been on the food plan I would have been really happy eating there.

CSR is definitely on my list - I'll go back on vacation some day, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

donaldbuzz&minnie said:
My husband had a conference at CSR recently and so I got to go along. I was kind of neutral about going, since it wasn't really a vacation (I visited the parks alone while he was in meetings) and CSR isn't the resort I would normally choose first. But, hey, it was Disney, and I wasn't going to turn the trip down!

I loved CSR! It is a great resort. We were in building 5, which was far away from almost everything, but so what!? (Of course, we didn't have small children to wrangle.) At Disney you expect to walk, and it's good exercise along serene, beautifully landscaped paths. I thought the bus service was much better than at CBR or POR.

I ate at Pepper Market a couple of times, but tried to avoid it when I could, since I wasn't on any dining plan and the prices were higher than other comparable counter service places. But if I'd been on the food plan I would have been really happy eating there.

CSR is definitely on my list - I'll go back on vacation some day, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
Welcome back and thanks for the report! I agree with your comments on walking, the bus service and the PM. :cheer2:

We were there 9/26-9/30, just DH and I and we left the kids home too! We were in Ranchos (DH got a kick out of saying this with a thick accent and rolling his r's everytime) 7a. It was our first time also. We started calling the Bus Stop the Bug Stop. It was so bad. We really couldn't sit by the pool. We enjoyed the resort but would want to try something else next time. We've stayed a SSR twice and I really love that place. We had one experience with the Pepper Market and while the food was good, it wasn't worth it to us for breakfast and they ended up taking off two snack credits also. But the parks had low crowds and we walked on or had a 10-20 minute wait, so we were happy.

MissMichelle said:
Dates were 9/25-10/1...Just me and DH. First time @ CSR

I will say that while we complained a bit about the building I think since we were traveling without the kids that it was perfect for us...The morning walk was awesome. Our room faced the parking lot though (ick) TONS of bus noise, since bus stop #3 wasn't far from us. I know a request is just a request, but I had asked for 8B...couldn't have been further lol. Will request AGAIN next time...can't hurt ;)
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d16343c8200000016108BZuWzNu3bC

LOVED the PM. DH got the same breakfast every morning. The southwestern Omlette. He loved it. I usually grabbed coffee, fruit cup and a danish and was happy with that. Lunches were MASSIVE. We split the chicken fajita platte
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d2d7afd7900000016108BZuWzNu3bC
r 3 times and were full each time off it it. I also got a chicken primavera pasta dish that was gigunto. I couldn't even scratch the surface.
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d3afc3c5c00000016108BZuWzNu3bC

We saw MANY geckos and unfortunately many squashed ones along the walk ways. Tons of bunnies
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d184cbdcd00000016108BZuWzNu3bC
, no gators. Butterflies
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d3ab9bd2900000016108BZuWzNu3bC
and LARGE bugs were very noticed. Nothing that phases me really~~~except................
The LOVE BUGS were horrendous! We visited other resorts mid day and never saw ANYTHING in pale comparison to what we encountered @ CSR...They were in our clothes, hair, drinks (at Siesta) etc...there were many kids crying over them...even the CM's said they had them the worst out of any of the resorts/parks...it was very insane . I had squished bug guts on my clothes most days...Funny though---they became a daily way of life and stopped bothering me. Even when we sat on the bus and picked them off each other! LOL---I even had a few showering with me! HA They did say it was due to lack of rain/storms that they were so bad this year.
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d076e7c4800000016108BZuWzNu3bC

The internal shuttle...hmmmmm well besides almost getting run over as they ZOOM through and seeing small kids almost get taken out when a driver rounds a corner, it was great to catch one near the PM doors and take it to our building.

DH utilized the fitness center 3 days and was overjoyed that we had that option. He would get there right as the doors opened @ 6am and work out for an hour---he said it got PACKED! I was usually showering and getting ready for the day.

The Dig Site: TONS of fun---Can't wait to bring my kids! They are going to love it! We always said we'd do the quiet pool---but always ended up @ the main pool...the hot tub was always jammed--even in 92 degree weather...the max of 22 people was definitely kept most of the time. We enjoyed our bartender Max a few different occasions @ Siesta's. He was very chatty and told us he likes cold weather better and how lucky we were to be from MA--close to Boston. He was great. Drinks were good for the most part. Loved my red white and blue frozen margarita
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d3601bd9700000016108BZuWzNu3bC
. Max even put a lid on it to keep me from eating bugs. LOL

Mousekeeping: Left a $5 tip daily. While there wasn't "towel animals" they did cute things with the towels making puches for my sunglasses and tooth brushes. I also (bad me) forgot to pick up my laundry one morning (we planned on going back to the room after breakfast but changed our minds) and when I got back my clothes were folded neatly on my suitcase.
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d3dd17cea00000016108BZuWzNu3bC

Conventioners: Didn't really bother us. Loved that they were there actually..kept our buses pretty quiet (even though buses to and from parks for our resort was SLOOOOOWWWW, many others commented on this). Also they were all pretty friendly during our early morning walks to breakfast. With high heels, briefcases and laptops, I almost felt bad that they had to "work" and I was enjoying it...then I relaized they also got that morning VIEW! How gorgeous is that view across the lake early morning right after the sun rises???? As the Calgon commercial says "Take me away".

The last day we enjoyed drinks @ Francisco's. Loved the free chips and Salsa (at least I think they were free! lol).

GREAT time..I give this resort a pretty good recommendation for anyone. I also have stayed @ POR and while I enjoyed it there there was something extra special here.
47b6ce23b3127cce8d3d2be07cd000000016108BZuWzNu3bC
Great review! Thanks for sharing!! We love CSR as well.

This thread is keeping me hyped up! I can't wait to go.. just a few measly months left! Planning is done and now we just need to enjoy!!! Great report!

I also just returned from an 8-night stay at CSR with my family. LOVE LOVE LOVE it there! But the love bug situation was totally out of hand. It's really no big deal because they're harmless, but seeing the infestation at Bus Stop 2 made my skin crawl.

It's like, get a room for goodness sake! These bugs - they have no decency *wink*

Demon Llama said:
I also just returned from an 8-night stay at CSR with my family. LOVE LOVE LOVE it there! But the love bug situation was totally out of hand. It's really no big deal because they're harmless, but seeing the infestation at Bus Stop 2 made my skin crawl.

It's like, get a room for goodness sake! These bugs - they have no decency *wink*
Welcome back!! Glad you LOVED CSR!!!

Demon Llama said:

We love it too!! Glad you enjoyed it!!

Demon Llama said:

Another happy CSR guest!! Thanks for sharing!!

I was told that i should fax a room request to CSR. if so what is the fax #..thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter