CSR questions

Wonderlandmom

<font color=blue>Still Wondering...<br><font color
Ok, DH and I may be going there for a quick getaway. I have looked at Buzz and Deb's sites and am still confused about what area we would like. I think the cabana's, though I really don't see any close up pictures of one. How many floors do they have? The ranchos look like my last place choice(I don't like cactus:rolleyes: ). But I just don't know! The castita's look nice, but may be full of convention people. ?? Since we won't have the kids with us a king bed is possible. Are there many of these? I may just say no-smoking, top floor, king bed and see what we get. I would like a quiet area, but near hammocks. Any advice? Just a 2 nighter, so no major deal. I had not really wanted to stay here, but we have been to POR and CBR will be closed. Doing deluxe family trip next, thought CSR would work for this adult trip. Thanks for any advice!:)

If you want to be near the hammocks, the cabanas are the way to go. There are 60 king size bed rooms at CSR. The cabanas are 2 story buildings. Good luck!

Thanks Buzz! I think I had info overload and panicked! Do the kings have normal bathrooms with a tub? Thanks:cool: !

PS Buzz-Your site is WONDERFUL! It has made me excited to stay at CSR!!!:)

Same size bathroom. See picture below.

rscorrmlay2zomimg.gif

Thanks for the feedback! Have a great trip!

Request a corner room, that way you have two windows. We were in Cabanas 9A, and were upgraded to a water view. THe CSR is a very romantic resort. You've made a great choice.

:D I will make that request! I can't wait! Hard to imagine going somewhere without the kids ;) !

we are involved in the CBR mess & wanted something similar to that type of hotel....we were offered AKL for a little extra, but, wanted something more cheerful & bright....is CSR a kid-friendly hotel....it looks like it from the pictures I have seen of the pool & arcades.....it also looks soooo huge....I am confused on the layout....could someone guide me....we need to make a decision soon....thanks....Susan

The Cabanas are really nice and close to the main building and bus stop. We stayed in 9A or 9B (can't remember!). However, last time we stayed in the Casitas section and really liked this area. The landscaping is beautiful and I just liked the look of the buildings. CSR is a nice resort and bus transportation is really good! :p

I find CSR very comparable to CBR. Both have beaches and hammocks with a central lake area. Instead of steel drum "background" music, you hear very soothing Mexican guitar and Mariachi type music.
As far as kid friendly, I vote yes. THe Dig Site and playground were a lot of fun, as well as the arcades. We were still doing daily naps last year so I would usually put DS down and sit outsie the room reading, looking at the beautiful view while DH took older DS swimming or to the arcade. If you are going to be doing naptime, I strongly suggest Cabanas with a waterview. I can still picture how beautiful and peacceful it was sitting outside the room. Ranchos would also work for this, but I'm not so sure if Casitas have a view of the water while outside the room, although they were more intricately landscaped and "upscale" looking. You could be very far from El Centro if you are in Casitas 4 0r 5 or the Ranchos sections.
I did find Pepper Market a bit tough logistically with very small kids, since you get your food on trays and someone's got to stay at the table with little ones. If your kids are old enough to get a tray and ask for their own food at the stations, no problem. THe food was a cut above most food courts I've been to including CBR in quality.
CSR is a place that is kid friendly but also could be so romantic. WHile walking around Lago Dorado with my son, I fantasized about a getaway with DH alone someday....

you all answered alot of my questions.....it sounds wonderful.....I wasn't aware there were little beaches.....I can't wait to talk to my girl at DU now!! Susan

Suedrews-Were you not offered the Poly for your dates? Many people got it to replace CBR. Seems like the Yacht and Beach club would be a good alternative too, but I don't think they were offered. POR is a nice moderate also, the food court is very kid friendly, family friendly, and the boats are a plus. Best food court on property, IMHO! But I do think the hammocks and beach of CSR are tempting;) ! I really don't think you can go wrong at either.:cool:

we were asked to pick 2 deluxes that interested us....we picked Poly & WL.....we were told those were not available for our dates (11/9-11/15).....Susan

Just a quick tip on the CSR- I don't know if you're interested in this at all, but if you're interested in the spa services or fitness center at CSR, all that is located in the middle of the Casitas, and would be a very long walk from some of the other areas, depending on where you are. It does have a nice fitness center though, very usable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter