CSR or POFQ?? .... for a honeymoon

vikkii19

Mouseketeer
Which would you choose for your honeymoon? Which one is more romantic??

I like the idea of the boat to DTD and the small size of POFQ, but I like the theming and new renovated rooms at CSR.

I'm worried that CSR is too big of a resort and there will be too much walking. And I don't really like the fact that POFQ doesn't have a TS restaurant.

We these concerns in mind, which would you choose and why??

Which would you choose for your honeymoon? Which one is more romantic??

I like the idea of the boat to DTD and the small size of POFQ, but I like the theming and new renovated rooms at CSR.

I'm worried that CSR is too big of a resort and there will be too much walking. And I don't really like the fact that POFQ doesn't have a TS restaurant.

We these concerns in mind, which would you choose and why??

Well, since you have worries about both resorts, I suggest you study the faqs and the photos of both resorts and go with which one appeals to you a little more overall.

We've stayed at the CSR seven times (number eight, hopefully, this year). We celebrated our 25th anniversary at the CSR (DH offered me the Poly and I turned him down--my heart is with the CSR). We have never stayed at the POFQ but have visited it often and it would be our only other choice for a moderate--we don't care for the other two at all.

Yes, POFQ is much smaller and more compact which is very nice. We've enjoyed their food court on occasion. You can walk to POR for their table service...however, they no longer serve breakfast and we did not care for dinner there at all (one of three Disney restaurants I doubt we'll ever return to).

Yes, the CSR is a very large resort. However, you can end up at the farthest end of a deluxe and have just as much of a walk from that "far end" to the food court, pool, etc. It takes us no more than 10 or 15 minutes to walk from the furthest point to the main building. We like the fact that they've now added queen beds to all of the rooms (except the 100 rooms that are getting new king beds). We've not seen the new furniture in person as of yet (they started the rehab right after we left last September), but I love what I've seen from the pictures. We enjoy having the fitness center/spa right there (I get a massage every trip) and the three quiet pools and the largest hot tub of all the moderates. We also enjoyed the new lounge, The Rix, which as live music after 9:00. We find the CSR VERY romantic. We love walking around the resort at night after the sun has gone down and looking at the beauty of the resort, especially the fountains and the courtyards in the Casitas, with the lights shining on them. DH and I enjoy laying in a hammock drinking our morning coffee or late night drink and looking up at the stars.

As I said, you've pointed out your likes and fears of each resort. You'll just have to go with whatever your heart or head tells you. I don't think you can go wrong with either resort.

FQ doesn't have a sit down resteraunt, but Riverside does, which is a short walk away (I know you said that you didn't want all the walking...just wanted to point that out though)

POFQ still has some walking. Personally, CRS has a really convention like feel to it for me, where POFQ really feels like a resort. I would go with POFQ- and the boat to DD gives you so many table service meals at your finger tips!

I would do CSR - such a nice wlak around the lake. Beautiful grouds. A hot tub which holds 22 people - lots of space :goodvibes

Mention your celebration on your reservation - some disney magic may be sprinkled on you :wizard:

We usually stay at CSR with our kids, so we tried POFQ when my husband and I did an anniversary trip without our kids. It was a nice place, but I like the views and spaciousness of CSR. CSR seems more "adult" than POFQ. The pool is better at CSR. The food court at POFQ was too small, IMO. Pepper Market has better options.

This is my favorite picture of CSR, which I took in Sept 2007.
DSC01489-1.jpg

I think THIS is a romantic view!

Well, I'm not going on a honeymoon, but my daughter and I are going to WDW in a couple weeks, and are staying at POFQ. We've never stayed there before, but have walked through it, and it just seems so cute and quaint to me, so we are staying there. It is the smallest of the WDW resorts...none of them are small, but it is Disney's smallest, and I like that. Last time I walked through there, we stopped in the food court and had some of the beignets, and oh my, they are wonderful....so am looking forward to that. The pool area was nice too. There is the boat that runs from POR, POFQ, and SSR, back and forth to Downtown Disney, which is nice also.

We have stayed at CSR also, and it is beautiful, but to me, is very spread out. I also did not care for the food court there, but I know, however, that many many people DO like the food court, so I guess it's just a personal preference.

Any of the Disney resorts are very nice, so which ever one you choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

We had a hard time choosing which one too so we decided to do a split stay at both, 4 days at CSR and 4 days at POFQ. Can't wait.

I've never thought of doing a split stay. That could be a great solution to my dilemma. Thanks everyone for your information.

I've stayed at all four moderates, and while CBR is my favorite (probably not right for a honeymoon though), POFQ is a very close second. I really, really like the size of the resort... there's not much walking to do compared to the other 3 moderates! The boat to Downtown Disney is great too. CSR is by far my least favorite moderate for many reasons, but the Pepper Market and the rude CM's stick out in my mind the most. So, yeah, out of those two, I'd say go POFQ. Good luck with your decision and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter