CSR or CBR

...so I could give you the skinny:) We have DD8 and DD3! It's a surprise birthday trip for them, so we're splurging for the new RGRs. That means we'll be in Oak Manor or Parterre Place, I believe.

We did CBR December 2007 with the older one...unbeknowst to us we were 2 months prego with #2 Princess;) She experienced all that Disney Magic in utero! Excited to introduce her to it for real this time!

I would go to POR FAQ and in the first page of the thread you will find all the info for POR you will need and on that page is Andre and in his signature is his web site that gives even more. From that you should gleen all the info you will need to make any decisions. I prefer AB over the mansions but that is me. More like a resort. I would do Preferred and that is the closest to everything and in AB. If you do not want to pay preferred then the next best is request AB16 GV and remember it is only a request. Take a good look at the map on page one of the thread mentioned. No matter where you end up you will love POR and all it has to offer your family.Enjoy!

When deciding on a resort - If you can't make up your mind --- we have done this ----FLIP A COIN!!! Honest - no one wins, no one gets blamed.

It's a great solution! :thumbsup2

I haven't stayed at either, but with four people in the room, the queen beds at CSR is enough to push me towards CSR. Also, if you're doing DDP, then it's hard to beat the offerings at Pepper Market for a QS credit. CBR is also in need of renovations at this point.

FWIW, we stayed at POR in September in a newly renovated room and loved it. IMO, they have the best "traditional" food court on property (excluding Pepper Market) and the boat to DTD makes me not dread waiting for the DTD bus!

When deciding on a resort - If you can't make up your mind --- we have done this ----FLIP A COIN!!! Honest - no one wins, no one gets blamed.

It's a great solution! :thumbsup2

I think that is what we are going to have to do:rotfl: we cannot decide between CBR and POFQ ! I have been racking my brain trying to decide which we would like the best:headache:

I originally posted on this stating I would choose CSR. but POr is a close 2nd. We stayed in The magnolia Bend Mansions. Perfect location. Soo close to main pool , private pool, Movies at the mansions next to us, & roughly 7 minute walk if that , to main bldg. for food. Have a wonderful time...

Maybe the deal breaker is the fact that CBR does not have Queen beds? I don't believe you can go wrong to flip the coin. Remember though that the one who picked the side and who chose which side was what will be to blame if problems arise. :rolleyes1

Maybe the deal breaker is the fact that CBR does not have Queen beds? I don't believe you can go wrong to flip the coin. Remember though that the one who picked the side and who chose which side was what will be to blame if problems arise. :rolleyes1

I would blame no one but the coin!! It flipped the wrong way!! ; p

To the OP.. Enjoy your stay at POR!! Enoy the boat ride to DTD!! : )

Yes the beds are another thing to consider :sad2:

LOL. Thanks again everyone, but NOW we have officially officially chosen CSR. Officially. Ha! We really kinda only love CSR in the moderate category so that is what is will be. For good. I thought about it too long and hard. :cool1::cheer2:

We are coming the end of August as well so I did some research, and just FYI, the convention from August 31st-Sept 2nd will be the National Conservative Film Festival. Not saying it could matter to anybody either way, but just a heads up.

LOL. Thanks again everyone, but NOW we have officially officially chosen CSR. Officially. Ha! We really kinda only love CSR in the moderate category so that is what is will be. For good. I thought about it too long and hard. :cool1::cheer2:
That's what I always say.. "Officialy". Then later, my mind would keep flip-flopping between two resorts and sometimes three! :lmao: Then I put myself in that situation again where I am so undecided. But the more Disney we do, the less it's difficult to make a decision. Good luck! It may not be your final decision! :goodvibes

So happy to see that I am not the only one with this struggle! We booked a last min trip recently using the military discount so my choices were limited. We had stayed at the WL and POFQ and loved both of them. We booked AKL but then I started having second guesses about it because it felt so far away from everything and then we got the option between CB and CSR. I think that we are going to go with the CSR though. It has been so difficult because POFQ feels so quaint and wasnt all that spread out and by luck we had a really good room location for our stay at the WL. I never thought of myself as the type of person that doesnt like change.....but :rotfl:

anyway I keep telling myself that we are going back and thats all that counts! :cool1:

I see many pick CSR. Could you tell my why and did the first few pages of the thread of a resort help to make that decision? This I would really like to know. Now I have not stayed at CBR but after visiting with my family in 2011 decided to stay in 2013 due to what we saw in person.
Thanks!

Great choice! But then I love CSR; we've stayed nine times and it's been very difficult for us to leave it. The only reason we did is we got a great deal on DVC resorts last year and went that route. We'd be back at CSR for stay number ten but found another great deal and DVC comes out cheaper for us to stay at OKW again. But if we ever go back to a moderate CSR would definitely be our choice (obviously you like it too). If we couldn't get CSR, POR-Riverside would be our only other choice for a moderate.

Just like Kat said...My fav, is CSR..Everything about it. POR close 2nd....Congrats on your choice...I know you'll have a great time..:thumbsup2

I see many pick CSR. Could you tell my why and did the first few pages of the thread of a resort help to make that decision? This I would really like to know. Now I have not stayed at CBR but after visiting with my family in 2011 decided to stay in 2013 due to what we saw in person.
Thanks!

No, I read the threads of each of the moderates, but they do not infuence my decision where to stay. My own personal experience does that. I go to WDW 4-6 times a year and have pretty much settled on the moderates as my resorts of choice. CSR and POFQ are my two favorites. PORS is also lovely, peaceful, and quiet. CBR we just haven't had that good luck at. It seems like we always have problems with the bus service and housekeeping there. Both have always been poor and the main pool and hot tubs seem to be packed, plus we don't care for their full size beds. All the other moderates will now have queen size beds. As far as reasons that I love CSR:

Consistently seems to have the best bus service, most comfortable queen size beds, much prefer their linens, pillows, and mattesses, love their food court, the beautiful fountains in the Casitas section, the lovely white sand beaches and hammocks in the Cabanas, love that the CSR bus stop is the very first one coming out of DS and one of the first coming out of Epcot. It seems to have the most deluxe feel of the moderates-only moderate to have a health club/spa, beauty salon. It has the longest pool slide and the biggest hot tub. We much prefer the main pool to the ones at the other moderates (with the one at PORS coming in a close second). We also love walking around the pretty lake and looking at the three distinct sections of the resort. CSR may be big, but PORS and especially CBR seem alot bigger. Of course, the lake at CBR is alot bigger than the one at CSR.

CBR has seven bus stops compared to four at CSR. CBR is the only resort that has it's own internal bus system just to move people around that resort. It's that big. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful resort, but we just prefer the other three moderates. I do stay at CBR sometimes, but usually only when I'm getting a little bored with the other three moderates. It'd be my last choice among the mods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter