• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR--loved it!!!

bdink921

DIS Veteran
We just returned home yesterday from our land/sea--stayed at CSR. What a beautiful resort!! We were in Ranchos 7B (I think!!) room 7501--requested Cabanas but resort was full and so Ranchos it was. We thought the landscaping was beautiful--and good thing because the walk to El Centro was a little long. Check in was a breeze--no wait. We were close to bus stop 4--bus service was great mostly. I think only once or twice did anyone have to stand. Return bus service from the parks was outstanding--we stayed late at MK and EP. Loved the Dig site!!! DS had a blast on the jaguar slide and the arcade. All the CMs we met were very friendly--talked with several and they really seemed to enjoy their jobs. Mousekeeping was great--our room was spotless. We ate at Maya Grill once for dinner--the food was yummy! We ate at the Pepper Market a couple of times and never encountered a wait and the food was freshly made. We were on the dining plan and found it to be a great value here. We only managed to catch the courtesy shuttle once--didn't see it too often. Thanks Buzz2001 for the all the info on your site--we were not disappointed and would stay here again!!

Oh, now I can't wait till next month! We were in Ranchos 7B back in February and we never caught a shuttle but that was ok with us :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'm glad you had a great time! It's our favorite! Thanks for the report! :thumbsup2

CSR is great. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your trip. :)

We loved it too. Sadly it was february when we went, so my ds (12) did not get full use out of the pool. But...we are going back, next May. We can't wait. We really love this resort, its a gem. The staff were wonderful, from the lovely lady who made up our rooms, to the guy powerwashing the bridge, to the guest services lady who replaced my daughters room card twice after I misplaced it. Delightful, all of them. Can't wait to go back.

Chester's Mum said:
We loved it too. Sadly it was february when we went, so my ds (12) did not get full use out of the pool. But...we are going back, next May. We can't wait. We really love this resort, its a gem. The staff were wonderful, from the lovely lady who made up our rooms, to the guy powerwashing the bridge, to the guest services lady who replaced my daughters room card twice after I misplaced it. Delightful, all of them. Can't wait to go back.
May is a great time of year. We love it!

I wonder how often they have to replace the Jaguar slide? Our kids butts must wear that thing out once a week! My DD went down it six million, three hundred forty two thousand, one hundred seventy nine times!

CSR, the Pepper Market, and the Dig Site are awesome! Glad you enjoyed your stay!

-Steve

mm6mm6 said:
I wonder how often they have to replace the Jaguar slide? Our kids butts must wear that thing out once a week! My DD went down it six million, three hundred forty two thousand, one hundred seventy nine times!
Ain't that the truth

We stayed at Ranchos 7B last Sept too. Loved the resort, pool, PM, and bus stop 4. Our stay was during a busy convention time (saw lots of guest with suits on) so we saw the courtesy shuttle all the time.

It is good to hear all the great comments at this resort. We are having to switch our stay from POR to CSR, because they are closing the food court at POR. I hope that there won't be any problems at CSR for January. I do have one question....What is the best location to get with a king size bed in it? Thank you

jworthy said:
It is good to hear all the great comments at this resort. We are having to switch our stay from POR to CSR, because they are closing the food court at POR. I hope that there won't be any problems at CSR for January. I do have one question....What is the best location to get with a king size bed in it? Thank you
King size beds are located in each section of the resort but there are only 124 out of 1921 rooms and some of them are handicapped equipped (lower bed or no tub).

Here are some good building choices.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool and is also a smoking optional building.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

jworthy said:
We like the cabana section the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter