CSR kids activities

jerseypixie

Mouseketeer
Planning a very last minute trip to Disney for the first week of August. Thinking of staying at the Coronado, since we've been to Disney quite a bit wanted to just spend a few days at the theme parks.

1)Does the Coronado have lots of activities during the day for kids?
2)Which section is closer to the main pool and dining?

Thank you:thumbsup2

1. They don't have a kids' club like a deluxe resort would. The only kids' activity we knew about was the "waking of the water gods". The big mayan temple structure at the Dig Site pool has a big waterfall on it. If you go to the pool right when it opens in the morning, all the kids get to sit on the steps of the temple and chant to the water gods. If they chant correctly, the water magically begins flowing down the temple steps.

2. The closest buildings to dining (in the main building) are Cabanas 8 and 9. The main pool is pretty centrally located IMO.

HTH

ETA: not sure if it will let me post this link, but here goes - nope, it starred it out, sorry.

My DD loved the main pool with the great water slide but they didn't have any activities for kids at the resorts like AKL or OKW. If you are going to spend a lot of time a the parks then the really great pool might be enough for your kids to enjoy.

Planning a very last minute trip to Disney for the first week of August. Thinking of staying at the Coronado, since we've been to Disney quite a bit wanted to just spend a few days at the theme parks.

1)Does the Coronado have lots of activities during the day for kids?
2)Which section is closer to the main pool and dining?

Thank you:thumbsup2

Check out the link in my signature for the "unofficial" thread and you will find on the first page suggested buildings to request depending on what you want to be close to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter