CSR - Internet?

mlm228

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me about the internet access in the rooms? Is it wireless? Do I need a cable? Is it free?

Thank you in advance.:surfweb:

I've found that if you just need to hop on and off the internet, say for 5-10 minutes, the CMs who run the CSR business center won't charge you to use the computers there.

I believe it is $9.95 for a 24 hour period. It is not wireless but the hookup cable is there.
::yes::

The 24 hours begins when you log on. You get 24 hours from that moment, and it tells you each time you log back on how much time you have left. :)

The cable is hanging in the closet. If it isn't there, just call housekeeping and they'll bring you one.

I think you can get dial-up for like $.75 each call or something - I dunno. But you can't, to the best of my knowledge, get wireless in the rooms. Yet.

High Speed Internet Access is available at Coronado Springs. The price is $4.95 per hour or $9.95 for 24-contiguous hours charged to the room account. Bring your own cable but if you forget, cables are hanging in the closest area of each room. Technical support is available via your room phone by dialing 56.

High Speed Wireless Internet
Wi-Fi is available to Guests staying at CSR!!! Guests with Wi-Fi enabled laptop computers or PDA's will be able to access the Internet from the common areas at CSR. Smart City is the vendor providing this service and 24-hour technical support for those Guests who need it. Smart City will bill the Guest using a secure credit card transaction via the on-screen Internet connection. Requirements: Requires a wireless interface card (WIC), available for purchase in the resort's business center. Price: $4.99 for the first 60 minutes or $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. Coronado Springs areas include the Main Lobby, Convention Center hallway, the Dig Site (Feature Pool), Francisco's.

Dial-up would indeed be .75 if you are calling a toll free or local number. This is the way I have done it in the past. I need to call into work a couple times just to check some e-mails. We have a dial up server that has an 800 number to call. Any 800 call from Disney resort phones are charged .75 for the first 30 minutes. For me it may be slow but it was cheaper than paying for a full day which I did not need.

Wired high-speed internet access is available in all rooms at all WDW resorts. Cost is $9.95 per 24-hour period, and you don't have to have it enabled for the entire length of your stay.

Wireless internet access is available in public areas at some WDW resorts (mostly those with convention facilities). Cost is $4.99 for the first 60 minutes, or $9.95 per 24-hour period.

There is no dial-up internet service available from WDW. However, the phone in every WDW resort room has a dataport built into it which allows you to make calls from your laptop to whatever dial-up ISP you might have. So if your dial-up ISP has a local number in Orlando, you can use the dataport to connect to it for internet access. You will be charged 75-cents for every local call you make on the room phone, either voice calls or calls through the dataport.

This page on AllEarsNet lists the resorts with wi-fi access:
http://allearsnet.com/acc/internet.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter