• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR - Good choice!

RE: CSR vs POP They are hard to compare in that they are both so different from each other. POP is loud and fun. CSR is quiet and relaxing. It depends on your kids and your families specific taste. I personally prefer CSR, however, I do feel that POP feels more like a "Disney Vacation" (families in matching tshirts, grown men wearing fanny packs, a food court full of children). While I despise the All Stars, I do think POP is a great hotel for the $. The rooms are really small though so I think if your family needs some breathing room it might not be the best choice.

RE: THE CONFERENCE CENTER ASPECT OF CSR: I LOVED that it was a conference center because the amenities were better, the food court and the pools were less crowded (as were the buses). I also liked that it had a more adult population since it was myself, DH and our 8 month old son. We enjoyed walking the quiet grounds in the morning and in the evenings and liked that there were not a lot of kids running around (yes, I realize Disney means kids, but we were just looking for a baby-friendly, relaxing getaway). Most of the time there was just the occasional group of people in business attire or polos with logos wandering around. However, I will admit that the 2-3 times the food court was packed with tons of people who obviously were attending a conference (Children's Network, Advanced Auto Parts) we felt like intruders in a business meeting and not at all like we were on vacation. To me though the pros of staying at such a nice resort for such a fair price outweighed the cons.

tinawv said:
I would love to give CSR a try, but fear I won't like it because of it being a "Conference" hotel. Does anyone it take away from the atmosphere of being at WDW?

Give it a try. As what Buzz has said, it keeps the bus empty. Beside, I love business hotels. If I need to check in for my flight but my airline which I fly with is not categorized as a participating airline, then I can just go to the business center and check in there.

It also makes CSR a moderate resort with a deluxe feeling. You know -- fitness center, salon and spa, etc. Where else in a moderate resort can you find a free fitness center to be used?

Three choices - either cabanas, ranchos, or casitas. There are 3 'types' of guest rooms and all of them are different. Honestly, I love all of them and the main thing that makes CSR beautiful is because CSR is so large.

Transportation by bus -- efficient and usually not so crowded. Only 4 stops... Casitas... Ranchos... Cabanas... then El Centro (to parks).

AWESOME AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! I love this resort so much...
Anyway, it's your own decision.

Give CSR a try! BIG, BEAUTIFUL, and AWESOME!!!

after16years said:
Give it a try. As what Buzz has said, it keeps the bus empty. Beside, I love business hotels. If I need to check in for my flight but my airline which I fly with is not categorized as a participating airline, then I can just go to the business center and check in there.

It also makes CSR a moderate resort with a deluxe feeling. You know -- fitness center, salon and spa, etc. Where else in a moderate resort can you find a free fitness center to be used?

Three choices - either cabanas, ranchos, or casitas. There are 3 'types' of guest rooms and all of them are different. Honestly, I love all of them and the main thing that makes CSR beautiful is because CSR is so large.

Transportation by bus -- efficient and usually not so crowded. Only 4 stops... Casitas... Ranchos... Cabanas... then El Centro (to parks).

AWESOME AT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! I love this resort so much...
Anyway, it's your own decision.

Give CSR a try! BIG, BEAUTIFUL, and AWESOME!!!

Thank you after16years. I think you have sold me. This is the only moderate we haven't stayed in yet. Do you know if the hotel has ever been refurbished like CBR?

tinawv said:
Thank you after16years. I think you have sold me. This is the only moderate we haven't stayed in yet. Do you know if the hotel has ever been refurbished like CBR?
CSR was rehabbed in late 2004 / early 2005. Have a great time!!

tinawv said:
I would love to give CSR a try, but fear I won't like it because of it being a "Conference" hotel. Does anyone it take away from the atmosphere of being at WDW?
You really only see them at the Pepper Market or main building. They really have a positive effect because they keep the pools and buses less crowded!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter