• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR - Did you use online check-in ?/Were room requests granted?

Dazer22

Mouseketeer
Thinking about using on-line check-in in a few weeks for CSR. My requests are already noted on my reservation and I will be faxing 3-4 days ahead of our arrival.
( I hear there is no area to make more specific room requests for online check-in.)

Those of you that put in requests and used online check-in-- were your requests granted ?

We are arriving later in the day and I thought the on-line check-in might help a little in securing room requests made earlier.

Thanks.:):)

We did online check in it was great. We got to at least enter a shorter line upon check in, all of our requests were granted - building number and floor.
I will say that at some points throughout the day I noticed that was not always the case with that line - at times it was longer than the other one.
But all in all it was a good experience for us.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy your vacation!
(P.S. - We did phone in our request the day before we arrived AND we made a point of checking in early -around 11 am - but the rooms were assigned already when we checked in - but the rooms themselves were not ready. We just relaxed by the pool - they were ready at about 1 )

Thanks. It is great to hear that you got your building and floor requests. I was really wondering about that part.

And thanks for the good wishes for our trip! :)

I hope the online requests are OK - we are only going to ask for the Cabana section - we will work out with ourselves what ever building and floor they give us - as long as the room is clean :goodvibes

i requested a room in the cabanas section when i made our reservation, i didn't really care what building or floor we were put in, just wanted to ensure a renovated room. i checked in online the day before our arrival. i knew we'd be arriving late because our flight didn't land until 11:30pm so i thought it might increase our chances of getting our request. i'm not sure if it helped or not but when DME dropped us off at 12:30am there was a room in cabanas 9A waiting for us :goodvibes

Yes we got what we requested. Our original reservation had the cabana 8A request, and I could not see it on the online checkin, but I don't think we are supposed to see it. We sent a fax the Monday before our Thursday checkin. We had a fantastic corner room, 8111, in the requested building.

Checkin went very smoothly. We arrived at 10AM and were on the bus to AK by 10:30. Our luggage arrived when we did, and we put our carry-ons with it before heading out. They told me what building, but not the room number. We called on our way back to the resort at 6:30 for our exact room.

Hope you have fun!

i requested a room in the cabanas section when i made our reservation, i didn't really care what building or floor we were put in, just wanted to ensure a renovated room. i checked in online the day before our arrival. i knew we'd be arriving late because our flight didn't land until 11:30pm so i thought it might increase our chances of getting our request. i'm not sure if it helped or not but when DME dropped us off at 12:30am there was a room in cabanas 9A waiting for us :goodvibes

My honey has to work the day we leave so we are not able to leave until the last flight of the day--which we arrive about 10-11PM I am worried all the good rooms will be taken by then

yes and they also upgraded us to a preferred room (all star sports) because we wanted a room on the bottom floor near the parking lot and that is all they had.It was a short spring break trip so we stayed at a value and it was great...really clean and very nice

i'm wondering if you do online check in and a room that you had requested isn't what you received, can you talk to someone to see if they can get you a different room..??? :confused3 i had requested a room near a "DSA" as my husband likes to have a cigarette right when he wakes up and has his coffee and before going to bed so i wanted to have him as close to a smoking area as possible.. or maybe we're better off just not doing the online check in to see what they can give us?? :confused:

We requested a Cabana room for our trip a couple of weeks ago but got a Rancho room instead. In hindsight we are glad because the Rancho section is beautiful and close to the Dig Site pool (which we used everyday). We were lucky to get a refurbished room. It looked the same as all of the posted pictures. We found one hidden Mickey that no one has mentioned so far (at least not in the posts I have read).
It appears that smoking areas are outside in vearious areas around the resort. They usually have a bench and ashtray (just based on what I saw.. I don't smoke).
Ciao!

Curt

...but got a better room! We had never stayed at CSR and thought that the Casitas section would be better for being close to the first bus stop. Instead, they put us in Cabanas 8A and we loved it! On-line check in is the way to go with no wait and you can be on to your room in minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter