CSR booked same time as Elks Convention in May - Keep or Change?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DisKrazyKris, May 2, 2013.

1. DisKrazyKris

DisKrazyKris Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I am an avid disboards reader but haven't posted in a long time. But I have a question I would really love feedback on from anyone who might have experience with this issue - We are planning a stay at CSR May 25-28, 2013, which is Memorial Day Weekend. So excited.......it is our 9th trip to the World but our first ever stay in a moderate resort. The thing is, the Florida Elks Convention will be at the resort the first few days of our stay. It seems like a very large convention, and I am concerned about the impact it will have on the resort - Any thoughts?:confused3 (And please excuse the outdated ticker:goodvibes)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

I've stayed at CSR three times and each time there was at least one convention going on. The only way you could tell was that some of them wore lanyard name tags and carried around notebooks. I didn't feel an impact at all. One good thing was that the buses weren't very busy since they were in meetings, I assume, most days.

4. Andrea817

Andrea817 Mouseketeer

We will be there the same time, the 25th-27th! We LOVE CSR! I hope it isn't too crazy with the holiday weekend + convention.