• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR Bday Trip: Update p. 2 CSR Review p.3

We tend to "roll" the same way! LOL!

Sounds like a great start to your vacation! Ours is in just over 110 days! (all paid off, ready to make ADR's!) Heading to CSR for 7 nights!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Alright, sorry I got a little behind. Today is day 4 and I'm only reporting day 2. I been pretty busy....there's a lot to do in this world!!! :rotfl:

Also, I finally took the time to explore photobucket and figured out how to resize these pics.

Day 2: Tuesday. Epcot (FW), Coral Reef (L), MK, Pepper Market (D)

We made it to Epcot for Rope Drop! :banana: Once inside the park we took flight on a hang glider before suiting up as an astronaut and going to mars.

09CSR003.jpg

We made it on the first flight of the day and in the highest and middle seat! The ride was amazing!! The seat location really does make a difference!
09CSR009.jpg

A grumpy CM (on the left) :sad2:
09CSR010-1.jpg

We volunteered to be test dummies...and survived!!

Daddy teaching Ramiah about testing and engineering LOL!
09CSR016-1.jpg

Follow Ramiah, she know de way!

09CSR020-1.jpg

Daddy's Favorite!
09CSR021-1.jpg

We did see Living with the seas right before lunch but didn't get any pics!

Hmmmmmm Lunch!

Coral Reef seemed to be packed!!! :scared1: Our ADR was for 1:25. We arrived at 1:00, checked in, got a pager, and had a seat along the wall. I assumed we would be waiting for a very long time but our pager went off after a short 15 minute wait.

Our table wasn't close to the aquarium at all (compared to last year) but then I figured that we've experienced the close proximity to the aquarium before, so it's probably better if other new coral reef guests get a chance to experience it too.
Because we were farther from the aquarium, we spent more time talking to one another and enjoying our meal vs. focusing on everything that happened in the tank. It was a different experience, but was a good one as well. We could see a scuba diver cleaning the coral, a shark, and a giant turtle, so that was really cool.
09CSR022-1.jpg

New Items on the menu
09CSR024-1.jpg

I tried the short rib. It was ok but I miss the pork chop that used to be on the menu.
09CSR030-1.jpg

Due to the weather, we decided not to go back to CSR to swim so we decided to head to MK for a little while.

We pilviged and plundered, caught a ride on a doom buggy, and sang along with Disney characters until Donald Crashed into a wall. ;)

DH is staying upbeat :lovestruc
09CSR045-1.jpg

we weren't supposed to be at MK until Fri...but we couldn't wait till then :cloud9:
09CSR048-1.jpg

09CSR050.jpg

Back to the resort for Pepper Market Dinner and We found Glenn!!! :thumbsup2
09CSR053.jpg

Pepper Market is the best CS on property!!! They don't add 10% to the bill when using the DDP, but our service was really good so we left a tip.
I had the prime rib and DH had the chicken/shrimp fajitas
09CSR055.jpg

The day went very well. I did notice 2 rude CMs today and I really can't remember if I had this before because this issue wasn't in my mind on previous trips. I'm so used to cedar point and those miserable employees, that 1 or 2 not-so-happy CMs don't bother me. BUT, I did wear my birthday button today and I bet 50 CMs shouted Happy Birthday to me and I encountered amazing Disney service! ....the Disney service that brings us back time and time again.

So far, the weather has been cloudy, rainy, and a perfect temperature. I've been hearing the horror stories about how hot it was last week and I'm very happy to have the rain!!!

The rain did cease toward the later evening and we met some new friends at the pool. Their room is a few doors down from ours, they have a son around my daughter's age, and we enjoyed conversing with them in the hot tub. They planned DHS on Wed too!! (same as us!)...I think I feel some magic sharing stirring....

I will give my Birthday report soon. There's a lot to tell and you guys won't believe some of the magical, wacky, and odd things that happened!

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying your report. I was reluctant to book CSR at first (the theming isn't really my cup o' tea), but now I can't wait to get there! The new beds look delicious and the renovated rooms just look luxurious.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Thank you!! The reason why I decided to do all of this is to help other people with information and to share the magic! :wizard:

Hello to a fellow Clevelander! :wave2:
I'm enjoying your live trip report, and I love the bug-eyed picture by the Dung and I poster :laughing:. I need to remember to take a similar picture next time I'm in AK. Also, I love your positive attitude, it makes enjoying WDW a lot more fun! Sending you more pixiedust: hoping it makes your stay even more magical!
HELLO fellow Clevelander!!!! :goodvibes Glad you are on board and thank you for the pixiedust!

Jumpin on! We are staying at CSR in September!

You SCORED on your room location! And what was that divine looking steak and rice thingy from Yak and Yeti?????

Can't wait to see more.:goodvibes

The Shaoxing steak and shrimp and it is YUMMY! You will LOVE CSR!! Especially in sept! (my fav time to go....so far)

Hey Kindra, I'm glad you like CSR. We prefer the Ranchos theme too. That's what we've requested every time we've stayed there (about 6X so far!) We also plan on spending our weekends there after our upcoming trip. Ben wanted CR and the ap rate was pretty good so we said ok. Thanks for the pic of the Shaoxing steak & shrimp at Yak & Yeti. I will be having that for my dinner next Thursday!!!!! YAY!!!

KatMark: I love your pic of Glenn. As many times as we've been there we've never seen him yet. We go over to CSR to eat at least 2X every trip no matter where we're staying and everytime we look for him. We will look for him again while we're there very soon now!!! Maybe this time we'll get lucky and see him.

We spotted him! :yay: We are thinking about changing our AKL stay on the 24th-25th to the ranchos!

subbing! Love your pics and you awesome attitude. Just went back and caught up on your pre-trip report. You have a beautiful family! Can't wait to read more.

Thank you!! and it's great to have you here!!

Happy Birthday Kindra!:yay: Have a GREAT day!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks Laurie!! btw, when we got our ADRs, they didn't ask for your first name :rolleyes1 but she did scan the card. Hope you guys get the credit!

Really enjoying your TR! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you like CSR. We stayed there on our honeymoon and loved it. Thanks for adding the pix of the room. I'm digging the renovations.....it looks so upscale now.

Have a great time!

We love the renovations too!! .....I especially love how the room looks now....after DH got done with it!! :goodvibes More on that later...:rotfl:

Wow! You guys had a great adventure at AK:goodvibes It looks like you are having fun and I love your BIG pictures.
I figured out how to shrink them...I'll make them big again if that's what everyone likes though.

We tend to "roll" the same way! LOL!

Sounds like a great start to your vacation! Ours is in just over 110 days! (all paid off, ready to make ADR's!) Heading to CSR for 7 nights!

Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

110 Days will fly by!! Good to have you on board!! :cheer2:

I'm so glad you found GLEN! A few people have missed him lately.

And FINALLY a good report on the Pepper Market. It's been having its fair share of attacks lately.

Can't wait to hear about all the birthday magic. :hug:

Great report so far...I'm headed to your PTR to get all the planning details! And I'm from Grafton - nice to know I'm in good company here in Lorain county! Our first trip was at CSR last March and we loved it...can't wait to get back to Disney!

A great update. I can't wait to hear about any birthday magic you had since my daughter is celebrating her b-day when we are there in September.

Can't wait to hear your report when you come over Saturday, especially about my favorite resort CSR!!:cool1: Only 6 more days for me woohoo!!:banana: Hi Leahbeth, we are from Grafton also. It is great to find more Disers from our area!!

Great report so far...I'm headed to your PTR to get all the planning details! And I'm from Grafton - nice to know I'm in good company here in Lorain county! Our first trip was at CSR last March and we loved it...can't wait to get back to Disney!
Yay!! Welcome aboard!! We love to see people on here from our area! Did you do a pre-trip report or trip report?? post the thread if you did so that we can read :thumbsup2

A great update. I can't wait to hear about any birthday magic you had since my daughter is celebrating her b-day when we are there in September.

yay!! I'm bout to do a full bday report...soon as i post this one :lmao:

Can't wait to hear your report when you come over Saturday, especially about my favorite resort CSR!!:cool1: Only 6 more days for me woohoo!!:banana: Hi Leahbeth, we are from Grafton also. It is great to find more Disers from our area!!

thanks for the 4th of July food Joe & Laurie!!! It was awesome!! :cloud9: yummy yummy!! I really need to get back into the gym after this last trip and bbq at your house! :scared1:

Ok, day 3...birthday time!! :woohoo:

Remember I told you about the friends we met at the dig site? Well I also told you how they were going to DHS the next day (my bday) as well. I am always trying to share the magic, so I came up with a wonderful idea!!:idea:

We were doing the FastPass option and because there were 3 of them and 3 of us, we could include them for the FPs!! :wizard:

We met our new friends at bus stop #1 cause we had an awesome breakfast at Pepper market (sorry, no pics) and we rode together to DHS.

09CSR057-1.jpg

We were so excited about having these birthday fastpasses, I forgot to start snapping pics till we got to RRC!! :laughing:

We got into the park, got FPs with our tix for TSM and then got immediate FPs with the bday FP. We rode TSM at this time we seperated from our friends. They really enjoy the more relaxed attractions while we enjoy the thrill rides. We said goodbye to them. They were very excited bout riding TSM 3x without a wait and I was happy to have shared some magic with them. :hug:

Ok, so DH, DD, and I headed to TOT and used the bday FP!! :woohoo: We grabbed a "regular" FP for TOT after we got off and then rode RRC with the birthday FP.

09CSR060.jpg

09CSR061-1.jpg

of course I texted Joe right before riding TOT and he responded with his original response..."THAT'S B*LLSH*T!!!" :lmao::lmao:

We then headed to the Great Movie Ride!! :3dglasses LOVE IT!!!
09CSR064-1.jpg

Rode TSM and TOT again and then had a light snack at Pizza Planet
09CSR069-1.jpg

Then we saw Lights, Motors, Action!! SWEEEEEET!!! DD loved it!!
09CSR074.jpg

09CSR085.jpg

09CSR089-1.jpg

09CSR091-2.jpg

to be continued....

Then we decided to head over the backlot tour...

yup!! That was me!!

After the BLT, we caught a glimpse of the blockparty and then used the bday FP for Star Tours. By the time we got off of ST, it was time for dinner at 50's PTC!! :woohoo:

DH and I both had the fried chicken!! YUM!!
09CSR120-1.jpg

my birthday margarita and dessert :cutie:
09CSR121-1.jpg

09CSR128-1.jpg

And then the Showering of the Gifts began!! OMG DH sooooo went overboard!!! He also interrupted our summer budget!!! But it was still special and amazing!!! :banana:

Gift #1
09CSR118-1.jpg

Birthday cards
09CSR127-1.jpg

It was getting late. We decided to head back to the resort....with the intention of going back to one of the parks later in the evening.
I opened the room door to this:
09CSR138-1.jpg

and this....
09CSR133-1.jpg

and this....
09CSR135-1.jpg

09CSR139-1.jpg

09CSR141-1.jpg

09CSR143-1.jpg

09CSR145-1.jpg

09CSR146-1.jpg

after I got over the whole shock of all of this, DD begged to go to the pool (again)...ok, Ramiah, let's go! :rolleyes:
and it started to rain....

Well, here I am in the rain, at the pool, and wanting to be at MK. Told DD "let's go to MK for the evening!!!" She said no :snooty:. Well, DH didn't mind staying with her at the pool, so I went to MK alone.

This is when a great day turned really weird

I went to our bus stop (#4) with the intention of going to El Centro to fill up my resort cup and make my final decision about going to MK alone (and also hoping that DD and DH would decide to go with me). It was 8p.

A MK bus pulled up (the 1st park bus that came) and I boarded it because it was SUPPOSED to stop at bus stop #1 before leaving the resort. There were 2 other people on the bus (which was surprising to me) and I asked the bus driver if MK was crowded. He said it was empty! :woohoo: GREAT!!!

This driver then turned left to exit the resort instead of making a right to go to bus stop #1. I brought this to his attention and he got very upset and flustered...(I found out why he acted like this a little while later)...anywhoo, the driver opened his doors and let me out at the resort entrance/exit!!! :eek:

Ummmmm.....ok......there were no sidewalks leading back to the entrance of the resort and I felt like an idiot. At first I felt like it was my fault for not telling the driver where I was going but while dodging cars because there was no safe place to walk, I realized that there were probably people at bus stop #1 waiting for a MK bus!! He is the one who skipped his bus stop!!

At this time I decided to call someone and report this. I went up to the concierge desk and the CM connected me with Disney Transportation. I reported what happened and the CM on the phone told me that a supervisor would call me back.

Well, I got over that whole situation and went on to MK cause DD and DH didn't want to go. I saw Laugh Floor, Hall of Presidents, Splash Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Spectromagic all in 2 short hours!! :woohoo:
09CSR152-1.jpg

09CSR155.jpg

While at MK, a manager from MK's Transportation (Chris Foster), called me on my cell. He explained to me that drivers are not supposed to miss their bus stops and that the driver would have had to report that he was going back into CSR because he missed a stop (basically he would have to tell on himself)...instead of doing that, he broke a cardinal rule, which is to never drop a guest off or pick a guest up anywhere but at the stops. He asked me to write out a statement for him because he wanted to get to the bottom of the situation. I did this the next day and submitted it...I'll let you all know what happens from this....

Wow! That is a crazy bus ride story:scared1: I am glad you reported the driver. I am very curious about the outcome. On the brighter side, I love what your husband did for your birthday :lovestruc How and where did he get all those presents? I would love to do something like this for my daughter when we go in September for her birthday. Any info you can give me would be very much appreciated :goodvibes

Wow! That is a crazy bus ride story:scared1: I am glad you reported the driver. I am very curious about the outcome. On the brighter side, I love what your husband did for your birthday :lovestruc How and where did he get all those presents? I would love to do something like this for my daughter when we go in September for her birthday. Any info you can give me would be very much appreciated :goodvibes

I think he contacted Disney and they did it while we were at dinner that evening. He went WAY WAY overboard with all the boxes! One box and balloons would have been plenty! I think he was trying to compete with the massive surprise 30th bday party I had for him in April (before I found out I was getting laid off). Anyway, we shipped the boxes home and haven't received them yet but I can tell you what was inside each one:

Mickey Box- Inside the box were Bday ears with my name on them and with the box came a large mickey plush, a signed photo autograph book, balloons, bday necklace that lights up (everyone asked about this!!), and a photo frame.

Minnie Box- Candy cake made all from chocolate...yum!!!

Goofy- goofy taffy and the resort phone w/a phone number for me to call...which was goofy singing happy birthday :)

Donald- towel, a cool bag, donald duck beak toy, lanyard w/pins

pluto- dog bowl and rice crispy treats shaped like bones

When the boxes arrive, I will take more pictures of them and the contents inside so that you have a better idea of what was in them :thumbsup2

you can call disney and ask about special things they do for birthdays. I think that no matter which character you choose, you'll still get the photo frame, autograph book, balloons, and birthday necklace that lights up. Check out the disney world website...I know he said he did his homework for this online.

The whole time he was doing this research, I thought he was doing his final assignment for school!!! :lmao: He HAD a 4.0 in his Master's Degree...after spending so much time on planning surprises for my birthday and neglecting his final assignment in his class, he got a B in the class :scared1:. I kind of felt bad about that :sad2:

Loving your report! Can't wait to read about CSR! I got so much attention while wearing my birthday pin too!

I still have 2 days left on my trip report but I'm now going to do a quick review of CSR!!

I tried to get plenty of pictures of CSR, Pepper Market, Cafe Rix, and the Casitas and Ranchos. We stayed in the Cabanas and I didn't get a whole lot of pictures of them!! :confused3 The ranchos section are my favorite theme and location but the Cabanas come in a close second place. I'd rather not stay at the casitas, even though they are very beautiful....because of the location

Beautiful Fountains and statues in El Centro

00553966.jpg

a5b78645.jpg

Cafe Rix (awesome place to get a quick bite or snack and refill those resort mugs!) ....sorry, didn't get a pic of Rix Lounge (adult club) but it did look very upscale and fun!
195cbc75.jpg

YUMMY!!!

a930014e.jpg

3cd318b1.jpg

Pepper Market!!!
e0fa0ba8.jpg

7247d3fa.jpg

Awesome desserts and Food!!
40d9bbf9.jpg

42dde1c6.jpg

b23923b3.jpg

5ed607d7.jpg

c8988cf1.jpg

Menus and Prices! Great CS location but I wouldn't go to Pepper Market if NOT on the DDP!!! Prices, when paying cash are pretty high. Also, 10% gratuity is NOT automatically added when using the DDP. It is optional...though we always tip!
f92cb908.jpg

f0c9eae9.jpg

9080e6b9.jpg

4715c7d2.jpg

580fe4f0.jpg

In my opinion, Pepper Market is the best CS on property!! Where else can you get a steak for a counter service credit?? It was great! We had dinner and breakfast there and both were wonderful!

CSR review continued!
On with some pics of the resort grounds!
611a07b3.jpg

a4510195.jpg

3c2f1b50.jpg

Casitas
e3301a68.jpg

4d81eda1.jpg

199b744f.jpg

Walking around the Lake
fdd9797a.jpg

cbef82e8.jpg

Coming up on the Ranchos!!!
a8d8d9f9.jpg

7c895295.jpg

89878fde.jpg

always attention to detail
66b3c9d0.jpg

e76eae89.jpg

2f817a56.jpg

9d887ebd.jpg

Ranchos Quiet Pool
351382eb.jpg

dbc854ec.jpg

Resort grounds:
Beautiful!!! Well maintained and upkept. This resort did NOT look like a moderate resort at all!! I've seen all of the mods and this one is a hidden gem!

Room:

The toilet area is kinda of small, but the room itself was very large (even with the new queen beds). The privacy doors were great when we were all trying to get ready in the morning at the same time!! The room seemed so much like a deluxe vs. a mod room!! The only difference I noticed between a deluxe and CSR is that the room door opens to the outside (where you see a gorgeous lake and resort) vs. opening into a hallway (where you see door, door, door, hidden mickey, door, door...lol).
When exiting the room, there are covered walkways throughout each building.

Bus System:
I know I sound like a broken record with all of my positive feedback, but I tell it when something is not good...with that, (EXCEPT FOR THE GUY DROPPING ME OFF AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE RESORT), the bus service at CSR was the best we've ever had on property (vs. OKW, BCV, AKV, POFQ). We never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus except for the one time we just missed the epcot bus and waited close to 20 mins...which we expected because each park bus comes 3x an hour. Our bus stop #4 was very close and it didn't seem like there is much of a long walk from any room to the nearest bus stop...except for maybe in the casitas. Walking from the room to the bus stop was about 1/4 of the distance from AKV bus stop, through the lobby, up the elevator, and down 30 rooms before getting to the room. At the end of the day, I appreciated this close walk for sure!!

Staff:

If you are the type of person who can't understand people who speak with an accent, CSR is not for you. For me, I enjoy practicing my spanish and trying to communicate in their language. :thumbsup2 Most of the CMs at CSR are of hispanic decent and there were a few tour groups from Brasil there speaking spanish as well. This doesn't bother me. I enjoy this aspect of Disney World...meeting people from different cultures, countries, and languages. If you are one of those people who get irritated with this, stay away from CSR.

I'll tell a story as to why I am mentioning this:
We were coming back from DTD (cirque du soleil) and the entire bus was filled with a brasil tour group (all teenagers) and 1 adult tour guide. The tour guide got on the driver's mic and made some announcements (en espanol) and the teenagers were being teenagers during the ride...talking loudly, laughing, etc. They were having a good time and seemed happy and excited. I enjoyed their company and DD and I tried to speak to a few of them. When the bus pulled up to bus stop #3, this woman and her 2 kids ran off the bus looking terrified! I didn't even know they were in the back with all of those teenagers!! :lmao: OMG I laughed sooooo hard!! You could tell she was a "nose in the air- stuffy" person!! :rotfl:

so, if you are a snobby and stuffy person, you may not enjoy a bus load of spanish speaking teenagers having fun!! :goodvibes

My experience with CSR was amazing!! We are paying cash on July 18 and then the 24-26th (using DVC points in between at AKV)...well we were using AP rates at AKL but after this stay at CSR, I've switched our last 2 days to CSR!! Even if CSR was more expensive than AKL, I would've switched. I would much rather stay in a villa at AKV, of course, but the 2 nights I cancelled were in AKL in a regular standard view room...I'd much rather be at CSR!!! I haven't done so yet, but I will be requesting a renovated room in the ranchos. I absolutely LOVE that section!! Here's the funny part...CSR used to be one the last resorts I would have ever stayed at. Thought I wouldn't like the southwest decor. After seeing pictures, I would've picked the ranchos section last....goes to show that pictures don't always tell the whole story!!!

Thanks for all your great pictures and your review. I have been nervous about our choice here, and you really helped.

Did you happen to notice what was available at the PM as a snack on the dining plan? We like to use snack credits for breakfast items, but the lists I have seen seem a little thin.

Anybody?

Oh, after seeing your pictures, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO missing "home." Thank you for sharing. And I am so thrilled that you fell in love with CSR and saw what we have seen during our seven stays. :love:

Thanks for all your great pictures and your review. I have been nervous about our choice here, and you really helped.

Did you happen to notice what was available at the PM as a snack on the dining plan? We like to use snack credits for breakfast items, but the lists I have seen seem a little thin.

Anybody?

ya know, we didn't go to PM for snack in the morn but we did go to cafe rix every morning for our snacks...we usually use the snack credits for breakfast as well. They had different items for snacks, but we always got muffins. I can't remember what all they had though. Maybe KatMark will know the answer to this one better. There is a cafe area in Pepper Market and there were pastries and coffee there...those can be used as snack credits I'm sure.

In the Pepper Market, there aren't any DDP symbols on the menus but rule of thumb is this: if it's under $4 and on property where the DDP is accepted, it's probably used as a snack credit.

Oh, after seeing your pictures, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO missing "home." Thank you for sharing. And I am so thrilled that you fell in love with CSR and saw what we have seen during our seven stays. :love:

I didn't mean to make you miss home :guilty:. I hope you get to go soon KatMark!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter