• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CS "wait to be seated"experiment??

disneyandme

DIS Veteran
Are the CS still doing the "wait until you get your food to be seated" experiment or is it over?

I am so hoping that it's been abandoned. I love to get my kids settled into a table, high chair, etc. while DH gets the food. Otherwise, it'll take us so much longer to eat.

Was it operating at every park CS?

While it's apparently not in practice at this time, I don't believe it's been abandoned. Despite the expected additional Guests during "Free"* Dining, the posters who actually experieced it were all informed, upon inquiring, that Disney is trying this during PEAK travel times. Let's wait until after the first of the year, i.e. after Jersey Week, Thanksgiving, Pop Warner, and Christmas, before we decide it's been abandoned :)

*Quotations used in deference to DISers who claim it's not really free, you still have to pay rack rate for your room, rack rate being the oublished and therefore expected rate one would pay notwithstanding :teeth:

It's gone. Must've only been a summer thing. We were there between Aug. 15-24 and it was not happening while we were there. We ate a Columbia HH, Cosmic Rays, Restraurantsaurus to name a few and never saw anything different. Seated ourselves while others joined us when they were done (esp. at Cosmic Rays where everyone is in a different line).

Not while we were there for 10 days (July 26 - Aug. 5).

Before we left on our trip, I'd read about that here on the DIS, but while we were there, we did not encounter it ANYWHERE.

Again, this program was/is being tried during PEAK periods; specifically, based on the posters who actually experienced it, the week of July Fourth.

The reports came from three posters who most likely did not eat at every CS in every park that week, but did not experience it at every location at which they did eat.

Last week was apparently not a PEAK travel period (despite the heavier than normal number of Guests ONsite right now, there's no appreciable difference in the number of overall Guests visiting at this time of year).

Late July/early August was also apparently not a peak travel period during which Disney felt it necessary to run/continue this program.

Ditto for mid-August (which is, really, still summer :teeth: ).

PEAK travel periods during which this program might again be put into effect (or not), in a larger number of locations (or not), might include Thanksgiving week, Christmas Vacation, Easter, July Fourth Week...

We were there Aug 11 - 18 and did not experience it. We ate at Flame Tree and ABC Commissary and DH and one son held the table while the other son and I got the food.

The reports came from three posters who most likely did not eat at every CS in every park that week, but did not experience it at every location at which they did eat.

Aw, man, they probably didn't eat at every CS?!? See, we really need Dis'ers who will bite the bullet for the rest of us and do things like check every CS at WDW when a need like this one arises. :banana:

(Please, please, please know I am joking. When I asked the question, I was unsure if Disney had issued a new blanket policy about CSs and seating.)

Thanks for the good news, everyone. Makes total sense that it's a peak time thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter