CS subsitute for all those desserts?

nevadadis

Earning My Ears
My son and I are doing the regular dining plan. This will allow us to do a lot of character meals which will be nice for him. My question is about the desserts with each cs at lunch. I never eat dessert at lunch and my little guy is a very small eater since he is also tube fed. Are there things you can ask for instead of the dessert? fruit or yogurt or even water? At a TS dinner can you ask to have the dessert boxed to go? Again I don't see us being able to eat the desserts most of the time. Obviously at the buffets this is not an issue but I am hoping we could get something else instead of all those desserts! Thanks.

We were so full at our table service meals that we usually took dessert to go. As long as it doesn't have ice cream, they will pack it up for you, usually with a plastic fork and napkins too!

it will depend...the standard is no substitutions, but people have reported that they have been able to get fruit instead of sweets for dessert at counter service places. Some of the counter service desserts are prepackaged and you can take them with you for a later snack

I have read in previous DDP reports that people were able to get bottled water instead of the desserts for the CS meal. I am not a big dessert eater at lunch either so I was going to see if I could get a bottled water instead as others have reported doing so.

We did the QS plan a couple weeks ago and found the counter service restaurants very flexible with the dessert. Many times one of my dd's got the carrots & celery as a dessert, the other got a cookie and they split both. They were always allowed to have fruit as a dessert as well.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter