CS Resort Dining and drinks

melificent

Mouseketeer
Okay, if I have the DDP and I eat at the counter service restaurant at my resort, does my meal include a drink, even though I have a refillable mug? And, if so, does that mean that according to the new guidelines, I can then get a drink with my mug and substitute a side for the drink that would have come with my meal? I'm bringing my 2yo this trip, so she won't have a DDP, so I'm trying to plan for opportunities to get "extra" sides or drinks for her.

That's the way I read the new guidelines. It definitely states you can switch your dessert or drink entitlement for a snack item. In the past, people have used their mugs for a drink for the meal and gotten a bottled drink to go for the drink entitlement, so this should be a no brainer. You just have to make sure that the item you want is a snack credit. I would try to go at a time the QS place is not too busy, so I could ask before I purchase.

All CS meals include a drink; your mug works not only at your resort, but all resort filling stations. New guidelines indicate that you can trade the drink and/or dessert for any snack-credit item.

Okay, great. That's what I assumed, just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. Thanks everyone! :)

Just checked into Beach Club today and tried to substitute my drink for another side at the marketplace for lunch. Lady said no - you can't do that. She said the only thing you can do is exchange a counter service for 3 sides or snacks. We were buying a sandwich and wanted chips with a cupcake.

We will be here for 2 weeks so I will have to test this out a few times.

Just checked into Beach Club today and tried to substitute my drink for another side at the marketplace for lunch. Lady said no - you can't do that. She said the only thing you can do is exchange a counter service for 3 sides or snacks. We were buying a sandwich and wanted chips with a cupcake.

Please do and thanks in advance! Reports are greatly appreciated!

This is in the brochure for 2016, so it may take some time for changes to go through and I wouldn't expect anything until written down in a2015 brochure. But as always, it does no harm to ask.

Tried it again with the counter service at Hurricane Hannas. Again I didn't need a drink since I already have the mugs but it didn't work.

OR as jon18uk said, the change is definitely in the 2016 brochure, but maybe they aren't implementing it now.

On the bright side, it still works just fine to use your refillable mug and get a bottled drink as your drink. There is no question about that. The Odwalla drinks, which most of the resort CS's have, can be a next-day breakfast by themselves.

We ate at Pizzafari in AK today and asked if I could substitute the deserts for fruit or something else. They allowed me to get grapes and also allowed me to substitute the bread sticks as one desert.

Also at the Beach Club pool yesterday they let me substitute fruit for the desert. I got a banana and also got the veggies with hummus dip. They don't let you know that you can do this. You have to ask and not everyone let's you.

Last night we ate at Teppan Edo and we were able to substitute endamas for the desert. That was awesome because we all don't care for the deserts there and we always pay extra for the kids to get them. Again - they won't tell you this when they go over the menu. You have to know to ask.

I am curious in hearing if anyone else has tried to switch out the drink for a snack at a resort food court. I plan on trying the last week in August and will report back but I hope more people are able to let us know.

I am curious in hearing if anyone else has tried to switch out the drink for a snack at a resort food court. I plan on trying the last week in August and will report back but I hope more people are able to let us know.

I don't remember which thread it was on, but someone said they were told they could switch the dessert, but not the drink. This was at a resort QS. I wonder if they were trying to switch BOTH, and that is why they could only do the dessert. Perhaps if you want the dessert, they will let you swap out the drink. Please, please let us know what you attempt, what works, and what doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter