CS @ MGM/Disney Studios

We enjoyed the ABC Commissary, the CM were so helpful they let us sample things before purchasing.

Good counter service is very hard to find at the Studios, IMHO. I had an inedible cheeseburger at Backlot Express, and I'll eat just about anything. We found the Commissary to be just okay. Never done Pizza Planet. The new flatbread place sounds interesting - maybe we'll try that in August.

The other parks have such a great variety of counter service - not sure what the deal is at the Studios, there are very few choice with just standard fare (burgers, dogs, etc.) being offered.

We ate 3 our last trip:

Toy Story Pizza Planet -- good -- kids wanted to go back but we didn't (didn't want to waste time plunking quarters into games they can play back home at Chuckie Cheese) --- huge portions -- we wrapped most of our meal up and put in my backpack for later.

ABC Commissary --- not too impressed -- not great, not terrible -- probably won't go back

Backlot Express: good -- would probably return

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. So far, Backlot Express & ABC Commisary are leading. Keep 'em comin'. :banana:

DO NOT eat at Pizza Planet. That was easily the worst pizza I have ever had and they had the audacity to charge me $7 for a pizza I could have bought for under a buck at a grocery store... and the grocery store one would have tasted better!

I was shocked that Disney would make such a shoddy sub par resteraunt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter