cs meals sizes?

my4boys+1

Mouseketeer
Are the adult meals a good size? I'm trying to figure out if I can buy 2 adult meals and we can share them.

Kind of depends, but most give very generous portions of fries. If you get a double cheeseburger and fries for example you could easily split that and only be shorted on half of the bun. The other thing I have done is order three CS meals to share with four people. I usually get an extra cup of water for myself when I do this.

I my experience the meals are very large. We got the dining plan and so we all had our own meals but could have and started doing so, split the meals. We did this because it was just too much food. This was for 5 people.

We ended up splitting quite a few CS meals last time we were there, too, just because the meals were so large and we hated to waste food. One night we weren't extremely hungry we all (3 adults and 2 kids) shared just 2 CS meals from the resort food court and STILL ended up with food left over!

On average-hungriness meals, I'd still say that a meal without dessert tended to be more than enough for any of us, adults or kids. 2 meals per 3 people, plus an extra drink for the 3rd person, worked out just about right.

My DH and I almost always split our CS meals.

We are doing the DDP for the first time this fall and I honestly have no clue how we are going to eat all the food. :lmao:

We had at least a dozen CS meals left over. We ended up buying dinner for some complete strangers, getting some quesadillas and such to eat on the road, and then taking home a bunch of super-cute Disney 'lunchboxes' for the kids and their friends :) (And the lunchboxes only counted as an entree, so we also got a bottled drink and a Mickey rice krispies treat with each one -- the drinks were great on the drive home, and we had enough rice krispy Mickeys to share with all of the kids who got lunchboxes!)

I think they are nicely sized. I usually never finish mine off. I'd have to be totally famished. :)

Where do you get lunchboxes? I've never heard of them. I too am wondering how in the world we're going to eat all that food, even sharing, so the lunchboxes sound like a good idea.

I guess we might be in minority...plus we only eat a quick bite in morning, we don't do big breakfasts so by lunch we are typically hungry. We do dining plan so I don't worry to much. But there is always enough and I'm not worried about my dtr. this year who is still too young for DDP, but eats table food. The dessert is what puts us over the top...too much at lunch!

the lunchboxes are at the food courts and they are cute. I didnt get to see what was in them but saw the little chip bag
My hubby and I just returned and we did share an occasional double cheeseburger meal......those are huge and takes both hands sometimes.....the spaghetti and meatballs and salad and breadstick was alot too......I did eat all my nachos at Mexico and also the next time we went to Mexico I got a chicken salad.....the food court meals are very good size and easily could be shared....We stayed at All Star Movies and food was very good and alot of choices.....Almost forgot about the chicken ceasar salad at Cosmic Rays was full of chicken and delicious...We ate a few times at DTD and The Earl Of Sandwich

We've done the DDP twice now and we've shared quite a few meals-both TS and CS. :cool1: 2 adults and one small eating DD6. Most of the time we shared two adult meals or 1 adult and 1 child. The first time we too had alot of CS left on last day(and we didn't know we got desserts then either, imagine how much more food we would have eaten had we known :rotfl2: )-we went to CBR food court and loaded up on food to go for the rest of the day and the flight home. Worked out great! We also had unused snack credits both times (we did treat strangers to ice cream) but it looks like with the change of more snacks now available that we'll use more of our snack credits-some of them could even be considered a small lunch, especially for DD.

Sounds strange to say we didn't use all our snacks, but with all the food at CS and TS and the refillable mugs, we just didn't use them all. Of course, my DD6 really enjoyed being able to have an Itzakadoozie (popsicle) everyday-they are her fav.! :cloud9: And almost everytime we left a park I would look for popcorn and not be able to find any. Last Sept., as we were leaving the MK I made sure to find my popcorn and stood in what felt like 110 degrees :sunny: but I got my popcorn :rotfl2: and a few bottled sodas for the road.

Sharing CS lunches allows you to have a few CS breakfasts, for those who tire of poptarts and cereal in their room :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter