CS in Japan -Katsura Grill??

bigbabyblues

DIS Veteran
We haven't been to Disney since 2010. I was looking through the menus on allears and saw one for Katsura Grill. I this new, and has anyone eaten there? I skimmed through the food pics thread, but i didnt see any pictures for it.

Thanks!

my husband ate there one night while we watched Illuminations. It is the same as before when it was the yakitori house.

My family has eaten there twice now. We always want to try QS in other countries, but we always end up here. Its not the best. I felt that the teriyaki chicken had a weird flavor ...but it wasn't inedible! I love eating in the outside garden area! Its very relaxing!

I ate there on Thursday and it was great. The sushi and noodle bowls were very good.

We got some beef udon from there on our 2011 trip. I have been craving it ever since. I've given up my search for acceptable replacements close to home. I'm just hoping they didn't "update" my udon during the recent renovation.

GraceMonica said:
My family has eaten there twice now. We always want to try QS in other countries, but we always end up here. Its not the best. I felt that the teriyaki chicken had a weird flavor ...but it wasn't inedible! I love eating in the outside garden area! Its very relaxing!

Their teriyaki sauce is a special blend made in Orlando just for Katsura Grill. It has a few ingredients that arsn't typically found in teriyaki sauce, thatms probably why it had the weird flavour. I think it's odd that there's milk in the sauce. Fortunately, the manager asked me if whey was dairy before I ordered. (He refused to let me see the allergy binder.) I wouldn't go there if you have any sort of food allergies but otherwise looks okay

Our Ratings of Katsura Grill: (9/16/2012)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Katsura is the replacement for the previous Yakatori Grill
in Japan at Epcot. For the most part, the old menu items from the
Yakatori are still there, and they added a couple of dishes, like curry
chicken. They did some redesign of the interior, so it has a cleaner
and sleeker look. The food is tasty, but average for Japanese/American
fare. The nice thing is taking your food into the Japanese Garden to eat.
This is a great place for serenity and peace, even if it is outside and
not inside with air conditioning. For fast food, it is more than passable,
but I would advise against the shrimp, as it seemed ill-prepared and
was not visually appetizing. Also, for those with an adverse reaction
to milk, be aware that some of the sauce contains dairy products (yes,
I know this is strange and weird.).

Love the UDon noodles. Sushi is good too. I have not eaten any of the rice dishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter