• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CS Dining Plan...What are your three can't miss?

Isn't the toppings bar gone?

The toppings bar has been adjusted to match the new menu. It has guac, sour cream, pico, cheese, etc. Very good!

We just got back from a trip with boys the same ages as yours. All our faves have already been mentioned above. The only thing I'll add is that if you eat QS at the Studios, try Studio Catering Company. We had turkey paninis with tomato soup and it was pretty good! Very large, as well, if your boys have reached that teen boy eating phase! It's no Epcot meal, but we were pleasantly surprised.

Mara at AKL, Be Our Guest, Wolfgang Puck Express, Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbour House, Les Halles, and Landscape of Flavors at Art of Animation resort are our personal favorites.

The mac and cheeses at friar nooks are suppose to be great, going to try them my next trip. Morimotos just opened a new quick service window I'm also planning to try. Flame Tree BBQ. TBH my go to places recently changed their menus so I'm going to have to rediscover if I still like them so I don't want to suggest them. Be Our Guest lunch is quick service, that's worth seeing at least once and the food wasn't bad.

Piling on, but our 3 favorites are:

1. Sunshine Seasons - Fresh, flavorful, and lots of options that can please everyone
2. Flame Tree BBQ - Great barbecue and the best onion rings on property
3. Tangerine Cafe - Huge portions of some really yummy middle eastern food.

Honorable mention (cause I'm a gluten and can't keep it to just 3) goes to Sleepy Hollow for their amazing waffle sandwiches and Columbia Harbor House for great fish and chips and the best vegetarian sandwich on property: The Lighthouse

I like Tangerine Cafe (Morrocco in Epcot) best

Others include Waffles Sandwiches in Sleepy Hollow (MK), Restarauntosaurus (AK) and Cosmic Rays (MK). Hollywood Studios is a bit poor for CS imo

At Disney Springs, Wolfgang Puck is the best, then Earl of Sandwich

Earl Of Sandwich
Sunshine Seasons
FlameTree BBQ

Close 4th: CHH

We usually go in the warm summer months (Labor Day Weekend) and often don't want heavy meals and these all offer good food that don't make us need to take a nap immediately after.

We took a 3 year break from Disney but are back on the boat. it will be me, my wife and 2 boys(15,13). The last 3 trips we were on the dining plan with 1 CS and 1 sit down meal. We have decided to use the CS dining plan this year to give us a little more flexibility.

What are your 3 favorite Counter Service locations in all of Walt Disney World?

I haven't been on the dining plan in a long time, so I'm not sure if these are good dining plan-specific restaurants. But here are my top three CS restaurants:

1. Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom
  2. Columbia Harbor House at Magic Kingdom
  3. Whatever the QS is called in the Morrocco pavilion at Epcot

I haven't been on the dining plan in a long time, so I'm not sure if these are good dining plan-specific restaurants. But here are my top three CS restaurants:

1. Flame Tree BBQ at Animal Kingdom
  2. Columbia Harbor House at Magic Kingdom
  3. Whatever the QS is called in the Morrocco pavilion at Epcot
Tangerine cafe

Best QS in all of Disney - Wolfgang Puck Express at the Marketplace in DTD. All the adults and kids in my family agree this is the place to go!!!! I also love Be Our Guest for Lunch (it's QS at lunch) and Sunshine Seasons.

1.Wolfgang Puck Express at DS
2.Flametree BBQ at AK
3.Revamped Menu at Pecos Bills in MK. That fixins bar is just wonderful. I don't know how long they will be able to offer unlimited guac and sour cream along with the fresh veggies so definitely take advantage of it while you can. ps the steak fajita is just nasty looking when it it served up at the counter. Once covered in the goodies from the bar it was great but the bare bones visual just isn't the best. I'd opt for the chicken fajita instead so you don't lose your appetite before you even hit the fixins bar. :D

We took a 3 year break from Disney but are back on the boat. it will be me, my wife and 2 boys(15,13). The last 3 trips we were on the dining plan with 1 CS and 1 sit down meal. We have decided to use the CS dining plan this year to give us a little more flexibility.

What are your 3 favorite Counter Service locations in all of Walt Disney World?
Be our guest is fab for counter service. My personal favourite is the hot chicken nuggets and blue cheese dressing from the Backlot express in Hollywood Studios

MK- Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Rays
AK- Flame Tree or Yak and Yeti CS
Epcot- Sunshine Seasons or La Kringla (apple and ham sandwich), Yorkshire Fish.
HS- Starring Rolls or Pizza Planet
Disney Springs- Wolfgang Puck or Earl of Sandwich

Mara @AKL is our favorite CS ! You can get your meal and I use the dessert credit for butternut squash soup :) I normally get the flatbread w/ a side of soup , very filling .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter