CS booked up so which other mod to stay at?

CerysG

Mouseketeer
We had planned to stay at CS at the end of August but it looks like there is a big convention there and its already books up....so now where to stay? We want another Mod but have stayed at Riverside so DH wants to try somewhere else. I'm thinking either CBR or the French Quarter. So which would be better for a family of 5 with three girls 16,12 and 9 who all love the water so the pool is important. We will be getting two room (hopefully conected), have no issues walking etc. Even though the double beds don't thrill me at CBR it's not a deciding factor because for 9 nights it's really not a huge deal if the resort is good. So suggestions about which is better for us would be great. Thanks :confused3

I'd go with FQ over CBR since you can use the pool there and at Riverside. Plus the boat to DTD is a bonus

I misread you at first lol thought it said it didn't matter if the resort was good because it's for 9 nights but I realize you meant about the beds

Even after you've booked another moderate, keep checking for CSR if that is your preferred resort. They hold huge blocks of rooms for conventions, but release some a few months out when they have a better handle on what is needed. Unless it's a huge group it's unlikely they will fill every room at the resort.

That's good advice, though if the convention is that big maybe its not the best place to stay. I've been looking at stuff for the other two and still can't make up my mind which of the two would be better for us. Hard to choose as there are good things and bad things about both. Guess I'll have to as the rest of the family what they think, though often its you choose Mom!

Actually if the resort is full bc of a convention the busses and pool are usually pretty empty. Only time the conventioneers are in the way is usually breakfast time. We have stayed at CSR a few times during conventions and its not really bad at all. In the evenings the crowds in the bus pick up a bit but really it's not bad

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I would book Caribbean Beach. The pool area is nice, and I love the tropical theme. Plus, you just stayed at Port Orleans and I think trying new resorts can be fun.

As a teenager, I stayed at both CBR and POFQ and preferred Caribbean Beach at the time.

I think CBR is beautiful, especially the landscaping and their pool is larger than POFQ's and each island has it's own large quiet pool. Personally I like their food court and the resort's tropical vibe better than POFQ's theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ji2fxJCYvY&feature=related

POFQ is smaller and you can hike or boat over to use POR's larger pool. There are elevators to reach the upper floors and I love the boat to DTD and back - plus they have beignets.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik65svua3fM

Now I'm thinking CBR might be better because of the pool. I would keep an eye on CS but with such a big conventionI worry about the noise. It appears to be a car one and not a bussiness one so maybe more late night socializing.

Now I'm thinking CBR might be better because of the pool. I would keep an eye on CS but with such a big conventionI worry about the noise. It appears to be a car one and not a bussiness one so maybe more late night socializing.

I am in the same boat as you and I tend to agree with you! We have young children, so getting them to sleep at night is important. We are looking at CBR too--maybe we will see you there!

Disneyland Dad our kids are't little but if you plan to be up for park opening who wants to listen to people making loads of noise half the night. CBR lookslike it would be a fun place to stay. Have figure out which area would be the best place to rquest when making my booking.

The only mod we've stayed at is CBR and we loved it. The grounds were beautiful and we loved the caribbean atmosphere, the food court was nice with alot of variety, and the pool was fun. We also thought the transportation was great. Since CBR is centrally located, it didn't much more than about 10 minutes to get anywhere. There are 4 or 5 internal bus stops, but we didn't seem to notice it taking long at all getting through the resort and on our way. We wouldn't hesitate to stay at CBR again :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter