CS at Monorail Resorts

battymum

DIS Veteran
I am thinking for lunch on our MK day we may hop on the monorail to one of the deluxe resorts and try their counter service. Any recommendations, and how long would this take?

Or, is there a good cs place inside MK we should try,I am not a fan of huge food court lines.

Thanks!

It wouldn't take more than 5 minutes once getting on the monorail from MK to get to the Poly, which is the 2nd stop. Contemporary is first. Contempo Cafe there is really nice and has good selection. Captain Cook's at the Poly is great and you can get a Dole Whip there <3 YUM.

In MK:

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe is my all-time favorite CS place. The atmosphere is so fun (I love Tomorrowland) and there are plenty of hearty and filling options.

I also like Pecos Bill- the burger toppings bar is great.

Casey's Corner on Main Street U.S.A. is a lot of fun- hot dogs, fries, CORN DOG NUGGETS :love: etc.

Pinocchio Village Haus is great, you can even watch the It's a Small World ride go by from some tables.

Columbia Harbor House has great sandwiches and unique options.

Lastly, Main Street Bakery is a classic. :santa:

Contempo Cafe at the Contemporary Resort is okay, but nothing I'd leave the park and hop a monorail for. I have heard really about good things Captain Cook's over at the Poly, and you can get Dole Whips there!

Inside the park, my favorites are Pecos Bill's and Columbia Harbor House. We eat lunch at slightly off-peak times to avoid lines...I just hate them, especially when I'm hungry! We have a light breakfast in the room (fruit or cereal bars) and then have a big lunch around 11:00-11:30, depending on the time of year and the crowd predictions. The restaurant is always nearly empty when we get there, but the crowds really pick up by 11:45ish. If you hate lines too, I'd avoid the CS locations between 11:45 - 2:00.

If you get to the park at rope drop, you can do a lot of touring by 11:15.

We find the CS at MK to be pretty good. We like the rib/chicken combo at Cosmic Rays, the burgers at Peco Bills and the fish at Columbia House t. I would just eat where you are when you get hungry. It is a short monorail ride but you have to walk to the monorail, wait for the next one, walk to the place to eat, then reverse that plan going back to the place in the park you were touring at. Might be worth it for a special sit-down but not CS. Would take longer than a long CS line.

I'm a fan of the Pecos Bill taco salad. My husband is a fan of the roast chicken at Cosmic Ray's. Our son stops at Casey's Corner to get corn dog nuggets (or corn dogs if they have them).

There is also Gasparilla Grill and Games at GF, but I think Captain Cook's is probably better.

But the GF Cafe is a nice table service restaurant that isn't too fancy.

We love the tuna salad and veggie chili at Columbia Harbor House in MK.

Cosmic Ray's in MK is the only CS that in my opinion is like a food court, and that place drives me crazy. There are three sides, all with their own menus, and their own lines. The only thing common to all sides (I think) are the beveages and fries. So if your family wants different things -- fried chicken v. hamburgers -- you have to stand in multiple lines.

The novelty of the CS in the deluxe resorts is that some of the food is cooked to order.

Captain Cook's at the Poly is good, but not worth leaving the park just to get lunch, IMO. Although, if you want a break from the MK for a couple of hours, the Poly might be a good stop for lunch, just for the ambiance.

In MK, I only ate at Pinocchio's and a Pecos Bills on our last trip in August. Both are very good for counter service. My DD10 and I really like the chicken parm at Pinocchio's.

If you decide not to leave the Park, then I would highly recommend Columbia Harbour House. It never seems to be busy regardless of when we go and I love the Fried Shrimp Plate. It is one of my favorite CS meals in any of the Parks.
If you want a break, I would head to Captain Cooks @ The Poly - I love the Hawaiian Flatbread and you can get Dole Whips on tap. ;)

For outside the park, I would go with either Captain Cook's at Poly or Contempo Cafe at CR.

In the park, count me another fan of Cosmic Ray's because of the selection available.

Our favorite is Casey's Corner. Grab a dog, mustard and catch the Piano player show outside.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter