Crystal Palace

battymum

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me if you need to make a reservation for crystal palace breakfast?
I believe characters are only here for breakfast, is this true.
What is the cost?
would it be possible to enter the park on opening grab a fast pass for hunny hunt or monsters and ride the other then have breakfast.

We did a once in a lifetime family trip to wdw in 2011, my kids were teens and didn't want to do character meals, I am since regretting it, so really want to do this, I don't know if it's the best use of our morning time.

Yes, you will need to have an ADR to eat at the Crystal Palace.:thumbsup2 Also they do all 3 meals with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.
It is one of my favorite places to eat and my kids range for 9-21 and we love it there.
:goodvibes

Just to be sure Disneymom, we are talking Crystal Palace in Tokyo Disneyland right? If so, how can I make an ADR?

Generally, only guests staying at the Tokyo Disney hotels can make advance reservations at park restaurants. As noted at http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/tdl/rest/priorityseating/index.html, other guests can make same-day reservations.

As for the Crystal Palace, I haven't eaten there myself, but the website suggests that for breakfast it works on a first-come basis, after park opening. See http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/en/tdl/rest/adventure/crystal/.

Hi, battymum. I've been reading your other thread and thought I might be able to help you plan the trip a bit since I'm Japanese :)

The characters (Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, and Rabbit) will come greet you only at breakfast in this restautant. I haven't been there for a long time, but from all the trip reports and reviews (written in Japanese) I read, you'd better be there and pay for the meal first within 20-30 minutes after the park gate opens. (The park opening on 16th is 8:30, so they will reach their seating capacity around 8:50.)

Your Disneyland day will be either on Tuesday and Thursday, so the crowds won't be that bad, compared to Sat., Sun., or Mon.. However, I read many ppl suggest that one of your family members (maybe your husband?) have all of your park passports w/ him and go get fastpasses of your choice, while other members pay for the breakfast at the cashier at Crystal Palace and wait for your husband to come back and join you. The CMs won't let you in unless all the members in your party are present.

As for the cost, 1,800 yen for anyone 9 years old or older.

You probably know there are other restaurants where you can enjoy character lunch/dinner in Tokyo Disneyland. They are Polynesian Terrace Restaurant and The Diamond Horseshoe restaurant. Since they are both "show restaurants," I guess it's a little different from the Crystal Palace breakfast. But you CAN make a reservation in advance for these two restaurants.

At Disneysea, Horizon Bay Restaurant is the same type of restaurant as Crystal Palace. Character greeting usually takes place between 10:30 - 18:00 or so. Priority Seating (reservation) is not available. Here you can meet Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto. 2,980 yen per person.

If you like Duffy, go to Cape Cod Cook-Off. It's a fastfood type restaurant and you can enjoy watching "My Friend Duffy" in the dining area while eating.

Have a nice trip!! :)

thank-you Poohfuji, that is the information I was after. I think we will have a meal at Horizon Bay - because we want to meet Mickey, and prefer our chances of getting a seat here at some stage of the day.

Great!!

Just remember, Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto won't be there during the daytime show at the harbor (now it's Legend of Mythica, i think), so be careful if you wanna have a late lunch or early dinner.

Have fun! :)

Just to be sure Disneymom, we are talking Crystal Palace in Tokyo Disneyland right?

If so, how can I make an ADR?

Shes talking about WDW...

Also, the character lunch at Polynesian Terrace is a show/meet n greet. The characters do come to the tables for photos. The reservations site is 100% Japanese, though, you will need someone to translate for you is you arent bilingual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter