• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crystal Palace

WeLoveAriel0505

Yearning to be @ WDW with my family............
Why do people still go to this place? We made the fatal mistake this past week of trying it again and had to wait forever for a buffet that is beyond sub-par for the money..........do others feel the same?

Not us; we loved it! We did have to wait a looong time to be seated though.

Not us. We've never waited more than 10 minutes for our table in over 15 visits and we've always had a great breakfast (we don't do lunch or dinner buffets at Disney with the exception of Biergarten and Cape May Cafe after our horrible experience at H&V and our so-so last visit to Chef Mickey's).

We just went to the Crystal Palace last Sunday and it was not good. Many of the items on the Buffet were empty. I guess they were short on help getting ready for the Very Merry Christmas Event. I will not go back there again. Not worth over $100 for a family of 4.

I ate at a buffet brunch at The Seelbach Hotel a few weeks ago. I believe it is the only 5 star restaurant in KY. My wife and I thought that the Crystal Palace was just as good. We eat there every trip.

My family really enjoys the Crystal Palace - we think it's the best buffet at WDW!!!

I really enjoy the Crystal Palace. I have had both breakfast and dinner there and enjoyed both.:)

I love this place ! it's so pretty and fun and the whole atmosphere is SO Disney w/ Pooh and Piglet. It's happy. And we also thought the food was great. :thumbsup2

I ate there 2 nights ago and thought it was good. Not great, but good. Went there at 8pm and was told they were booked solid and was not taking any walk ups. I don't take no for an answer, so I called and made an ADR for 935pm. It was 815pm when I did that. We sat by a window and watched wishes. I was on the DDP, so all I paid was the tip. Had Gustavo as my server. I will say that I did not think it was worth the $140 bill that we received. Thanks to free dining, I didn't have to worry about that.

We went for lunch and thought it was great. In fact, my mom kept saying that the next trip she wants to eat there a couple of times she liked it so much. They had a fabulous array of healthy salad and vegetable dishes which she loved. They seasoned everything so well and it was all delicious. We will definitely go back again!

We had lunch there in September and loved it! My daughter was pleased with all the salad options. The rest of us really enjoyed the flank steak and pork roast at the carving station. And yummy mashed potatoes. Our waiter was very attentive and top notch!

I was there on 12/11 for breakfast and loved it as we have in the past. I always book a breakfast as close to 8:00 a.m. as I can though so that we can be seated first. The buffet was all ready when we got there and my DD6 got extra character interaction as most of the tables hadn't been seated yet. I love getting to go into the MK before it opens and have Main St to yourself!!!

We were ther on the morning of the 10th and it was great- the characters are wonderful, the food good and the staff is always friendly.. I think we waited fro maybe 15 minutes-- now 1900 PF that night is a different story! Waited fro 1 hr 20 minutes after our ADR to be seated- CRAZY!! the food was OK but the characters were really great especially the stepsisters!

We ate there labor weekend and I was absolutely shocked at how good the food was. Had an early dinner and truly enjoyed the food. Not a big fan of the character group there, but the food alone is good enough for a return visit.

I think it's a nice break when you're in the MK, but the food is just okay. There was plenty of it though, and there seemed to be something for just about everyone. It was not crowded at all when we were there in mid-December. The service was great and we didn't wait very long to be seated. The characters seem to try to spend a decent amount of time at each table.

I was super impressed with all the salads. The warm foods were good- DH had 3 helpings of the pulled pork! We took our time- we were there for 2 hours so if anything was empty it was quickly filled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter