crystal palace vs chef mickeys

lalaland101

Earning My Ears
is chef mickey's better for breakfast or dinner?
is crystal palace better for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

we are going to eat our meals there when we go to magic kingdom. i am planning on late breakfast (or lunch) and dinner.

how much varieties of food is there? we're not really picky eaters, but we like having lots of choices and trying everything. also, dessert counts a lot if available!!

how is the atmosphere? we are not the serious, keep-to-ourselves kind of people, but we don't like REALLY crowded places either. i guess a friendly, outgoing crowd without being too loud would be good :thumbsup2

Hi!

I've been to Chef Mickey's 5 times and CP 3 times. I love them both.

We always do Chef Mickey's for breakfast on a day where we take it easy in the a.m. and go back and relax and then do a park after lunch. My kids are little and character breakfasts wear them out!

For Crystal Palace I've done a late breakfast (did early EMH morning) and took the last seating for breakfast. THIS WAS PERFECT! The place was close to empty and the kids were ready for lunch at this time and it was very relaxing! I've also been there at dinner 2 other times and felt that it was quite loud, but again, a very good dinner and we weren't rushed at all.

The food is good at both. I can only compare breakfast food at both--and I'd choose Crystal Palce over CM's in food.

For dinner, I havent' been to CM's so I can't say, but the CP's selection at dinner is fantastic. You won't be disappointed! Enjoy!:goodvibes

Chef Mickey's is good for both breakfast and dinner. We've only been to dinner at CP, but it was also good. For dinner, I would say that CM is better than CP. While the desserts are good at both, the selection is better at CM.

We've done both breakfast and dinner at Chef Mickey's and only breakfast at the Crystal Palace (CP is our Must Do every year). We prefer breakfast at Chef Mickey's over the dinner. We stay away from buffets for lunch or dinner (with the exception of Biergarten) after our two horrible experiences at H&V for dinner.

We have done this two times now:

Breakfast at CM on our day off anywhere from 9-11am. Ride the monorail before or afterwards, usually in the front cab. Maybe even do the EPCOT monorail too.

We do Crystal Palace for a late lunch/early dinner maybe around 2-3pm. We miss the afternoon parade but we usually do that on a different day. Doing this in the afternoon is also a nice break from the heat if its hot out. We usually linger for 90 minutes or so.

Then at night we just get hot dogs from Casey's for dinner. For that day we take granola bars for an lunch-time snack or get some fries or something to tide us over.

Chef Mickeys is the best breakfast, but the Crystel Palace is the best for lunch/dinner foods.....As I had said before I hate Pasmesean mashed potatoes and Chef Mickeys does them so for me personally it ruins the whole meal..........

I agree...CP for lunch or breakfast. CM for dinner. Although, CM is good for breakfast as well.

I'll back this one up! I say that, but this year we are trying Crystal Palace for dinner for the first time. We haven't done a table service lunch ever- only breakfasts and dinners. Trying to change things up a little this year, and will change Crystal Palace for dinner, but keep Chef Mickey's for dinner! Good Luck!

As I've never been to WDW I can't answer on the food part. I will tell you the reason we are choosing CP for breakfast over CM though - I hope to get 8am ressies for Crystal Palace so we can be in the park before everyone else. I think it would be great to be able to get pictures in front of the castle with no one else there - magical!

Whatever you choose though, have a great time! :wizard:

As I've never been to WDW I can't answer on the food part. I will tell you the reason we are choosing CP for breakfast over CM though - I hope to get 8am ressies for Crystal Palace so we can be in the park before everyone else. I think it would be great to be able to get pictures in front of the castle with no one else there - magical!

Pictures before the MK opens was what put CP at the top of our reservation list. DD is very excited about the photo ops.

It will be our first breakfast there.
We did dinner last year. It was a late night, 9:20 seating on EMH night. The place was packed, seated in the far corner made getting to and from the buffet like an obstacle course at times. The tables were packed in a lot tighter than at CM. (I could be wrong... might have just seemed that way)

We've been to CM for breakfast and dinner and both were good. Some great desserts. If you like chocolate look for the little oreo-cookie-mickey-ear thingy, yum.

We just got back and at dinner at both the Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey. In the past I have had breakfast at both as well. My suggestion is to do breakfast at Crystal Palace. Dinner was very hectic there and the food in my view was sub-Disney standard. They had a hard time keeping things plentiful on the buffet and the selection was sparce. I won't even go into the issues they had with spacing of tables and messing up my son's actual birthday dinner. We loved the food and atmosphere of the dinner at Chef Mickey. This is actually going to be a topic that I blog about soon -- Chef Mickey vs Crystal Palace.

How early can you get into the park if you have a breakfast ressie at CP?

I'm just trying to figure out how to take pics in front of the castle, Main Street and still make your ressie.

Can I get an 8:30am ressie but be allowed in the park at 8am?

Our family enjoyed dinner at the Crystal Palace so much that we're going back on our next trip. My children are grown so we don't go for the characters, but the food. And their food at dinner was superb; everything was plentiful, hot, and deelish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter