• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crystal Palace or Whispering Canyon before MNSSHP?

lanagraves

Earning My Ears
I have a late lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon for that day, but am considering switching to an early dinner at Crystal Palace. Thoughts?

I have a late lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon for that day, but am considering switching to an early dinner at Crystal Palace. Thoughts?

I love Crystal palace! the food is yummy, the place is gorgeous, the characters are great, PLUS its right inside MK! Cant get better than that. :thumbsup2

Either place is good. it all depends what you want. Some prefer the break from MK, some prefer to stay within the park. Theyre different experiences AND food wise thou. So it all depends on what you prefer and who is in your party. (ages of kids etc).

We have only been to each place once, and it just so happens that our one dinner at CP was before MNSSHP! I would definely do CP! We had a great time there, with the characters having fun playing around with my kids' costumes. The food was very good, for a buffet.

WCC is one of the few restaurants in WDW to which we will not return. The food was yucky and it was just not very much fun in our experience.

Since you can get into the party as early as 4pm, I would only switch ADRs if you can get an early CP ADR. This way you aren't utilizing party time to eat.

Crystal Palace! The food is yummy and you'll already be inside the park! No extr travel time!

Where are you going to be earlier in the day?

If you're in MK already, I'd actually consider WCC. It would be a nice boat ride over, and will break the early part of the day up from the late night pretty smoothly.

If you're starting your day out with the meal, I'd stick to CP. You'd simply take whatever transportation you're using to MK and go from there. Plus, you're already well "rested" so the downtime of the more relaxing break won't be needed.

If you're starting your day in a different park, then I'd go to... um... neither? But that's a taste thing. Either or would work, and I'd probably pick an equivalent meal at a resort to break up the day, especially since park to resort to park transportation is relatively simple.

We had a 4:15 ADR for CP before MNSSHP and had to wait about 45 minutes to be seated. You can only wait outside and it was HOT with costumes on. Then the meal took so long because the characters were really slow getting around. We ended up leaving before we saw 2 characters and when we came out it was dark and close to 6:30. Never again! CRT was faster as was LTT before MNSSHP.

These are extremely different dining experiences. Think about which one is better for your crew -- a character buffet or the quirky, in-your-face show of WCC. If you aren't staying at WL, it's worth paying a visit. If you are, then maybe a change of scenery is good.

If you're going to be in the MK all day then WCC as it will be a nice break. But if you will be going back to you're room to change into Halloween costumes etc... then i would head over to CP.

These are extremely different dining experiences. Think about which one is better for your crew -- a character buffet or the quirky, in-your-face show of WCC. If you aren't staying at WL, it's worth paying a visit. If you are, then maybe a change of scenery is good.
yes , you are right

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter